Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Problem with PvP Level Balance

I would first make 201-220 chars have their own pvp range.
    then make level 201+ tower fields beeing able to be plant with SL towers, sth. shiny new with more def, dmg output and better bonuses.
    Ofc all fields having a range from 1XX-2XX have to be changed that they can only have 201+ OR 200- towers on em.

just an idea
    meep

bump for range changes
    RK2 - Ricsh - 220/30 Doc - Dark Front( Formally Horny1- Forced Name change after 4 years )
    RK2 - Loyota - 220/27 Crat - Dark Front
    RK2 - Adikted - 165/18 Trader - Dark Front
    RK2 - Honey2- 150/18 MA - Dark Front
    RK1 - Pinnettie - 165/12 Bureaucrat - Mercenaries

bump. if anyone from FC actually played this game, they'd know how much it's being ruined by ignoring this.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I just noticed that most of the threads with this subject have been deleted or closed. good job ignoring a massive part of the pvp playerbase guys. If any of you had a clue you'd realized how important this topic is to many and do something about it. keep making your new instances and adding dumb junk to the game, and ignoring what needs to be fixed now. It's bad enough that we have to watch out for the horde of tl7 clan in range, now we have tl7 Omni in range (UD)we have to watch out for too (killing omni ofc) so city pvp is dead, BS is dead, towers are dead, and there's nobody to duel?

can I get a refund?
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I wtb 149 twinks back in game allow 220s to attack 150s and make parts of Bor a 25 percent zone and if you pocket a flagged player you also get flagged..

i think they should change more than just the 207 - 165 range

but the gap between 207 - 220 is jus as bad
    RK2 - Ricsh - 220/30 Doc - Dark Front( Formally Horny1- Forced Name change after 4 years )
    RK2 - Loyota - 220/27 Crat - Dark Front
    RK2 - Adikted - 165/18 Trader - Dark Front
    RK2 - Honey2- 150/18 MA - Dark Front
    RK1 - Pinnettie - 165/12 Bureaucrat - Mercenaries

I also think we should be able to /duel anyone.

^and hi Honey!
    T O O N Z:

Quote Originally Posted by legend1617 View Post
    ...if you pocket a flagged player you also get flagged.
    Bump. In other words you can't pocket flagged players w/o being flagged.
    Besides isn't it bit of harassment when someone pockets (hai Ijustpocket) and thus ruins the fun for everyone else but there's no way to stop him from doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Chereee View Post
    Would you roll a TL6 twink if you were open to 220s? TL5 being attackable by TL6 is fine, but TL6 being attackable by 220s is not fine. Because it's not fine, TL6 twinks won't exist,
    Okaayyyyyyyy.. So tl6's being attackable by 220's is NOT fine, while 174's attackable by 219's IS?

God damned &¤&¤%&%¤!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Okaayyyyyyyy.. So tl6's being attackable by 220's is NOT fine, while 174's attackable by 219's IS?

God damned &¤&¤%&%¤!
    No, 174 attackable by 219 is not fine. Where do read that from me?

TL, DR. The problem itself is limiting pvp to levels. If a guy two times your weight wants to beat you up, he will. Just remove the locks again, and let there be anarchy.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

we need to back to the way it was. Being able to loot corpses, credits, xp from fallen players, 25% zones. Then pvp actually had risks. Now the only risky pvp is city pvp and the only drawback is rezz. So suck it up. Btw the game was way bigger and active then than it is now, so maybe this carebear stuff isn't so great for the AO population
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

1. Guys, most of you have missed that discussion of pvp lvl ranges is not only about player vs player. It is about player vs tower to. + It is also about pocket healing in 25-% zones.
    2. Most of you have lost subject of discussion in the process. Problem is not in TL5 ranges - problem is in 201-220 lvl ranges. Yes this problem killing tl5 and 6 NW, but problem is no inside tl5.
    3. New LvL ranges have not to be a "nerfing" of already made 207- twinks. They are already nerfed:
      • if it is not MRing trox\nbsing nt there is no chance to win vs 220 evene in 2x1 fight. Yes, it is prof depended but in general 207 do not have any real chance vs 220.
      • add the fact that 220 is an endgame lvl and there is no any other twink lvl with that huge zerg.
    4. Everyone of You have said that 1-200 lvl balance is almost OK - yes the higher lvl = the stronger toon and it is OK. So only professions balance is needed for 200-. Please dont call it "The Problem with PvP Level Balance" when it is "The problem with 201-220 lvl balance"! We all know, that smart guys from FC can destroy already cool working system just trying to fix small imbalance in it.

So we have:
    - lots of ppl @ both sides on conflict @ both servers, who love tl5 pvp and have spent months to create good tl5 twinks. But can not get any action cos any tl5 fight is ending as tl7 one just after 1st 201-207 + 220 doc showed up. It is not OK.
    - we do not have any high tl5 and tl6 action in general cos everyone in 175-210 range do not have any real chance vs 220. Same problem with towers in that range - any 175-210 CTs are not defendable. It is not OK.
    - People who have already rolled 201-207 twinks dont want to get useless toon if we will get new lvl ranges. And it is OK.

Why we can not ask\suggest FC a system that will not leave any1 out of the board?

All what we need is multiply SL lvls 5x till 218 and 6x for 219 and 220 in pvp lvl range calculation.

Low TL5(163-) is out of 201 toons with LOX weap and rest - OK
    165-174 is out of MRing 207 toons - OK
    210- is out of 220 range - OK.
    Any lvl toon in TL5, TL6 and 7 range can take part in NW. - OK
    Last edited by Geffests; Aug 16th, 2013 at 20:13:16.
    Henaro 165 Gimp Doc

and some gimps not worthy to be mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Geffests View Post
    Guys, most of you have missed that discussion of pvp lvl ranges is not only about player vs player. It is about player vs tower to. + It is also about pocket healing in 25-% zones.
    We clearly got the point.

Removing those carebear level caps again would solve that problem.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

LoL yeh - alpha killing 50- CTs without even hitting any other towers is the right way to go. Im not even speaking about "pvp fun" of killing some1 200 lvls lower then you.

AO is not the game where "endgame only" model of pvp will work well. To make AO "endgame only" FC have to remove all rk instances, sheol, ado, pen, all 175- tower fields and add few more kite hills and NPCs for inf miss pulling. ))

But in the same time i am up for more 25-% zones in AO and partial pvp loot. (and maybe even some zones with full loot).
    Last edited by Geffests; May 9th, 2010 at 15:42:10.
    Henaro 165 Gimp Doc

and some gimps not worthy to be mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    PS, it's not really related, but I killed a 220 MA (Aussieborn) on my lvl 154 leveling agent in a fair and square fight before the pvp range changed.

All hail the power of aimed shot and kiting.
    Hahaha, wow. I'm really never going to live that down.

I don't even remember. But i'll give you the benefit of the doubt it happened ;D
    Aussieborn 220/22 MA (Retired-ish)
    Healinjoo 2xx/1x Equip
    Merve 151/18 Mp PERK RESET
    And some other gimps!
    Consider this my Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by obliteratr
    thw word is spelt like deliverieing actually.

Wow at this again. I'm still not reading ideas that simply don't shift the problem to some other TL.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789