Thread: What do you think of this Battlestation

What do you think of this Battlestation

Being a fanboy i thought about this maze BS, with 2 spawn points per side (you can choose where to spawn or get there automatically) ; from the spawn point you will drop onto the battlefield.

There is a Control Point under the middle one to which you can get through a tunnel also there are several circular walls to get to the Control Points making it more interesting and requiering strategy to keep points.And no you cannot jump on the walls, they r quite high.

http://yfrog.com/2mbattlestationv2j

Gief ideas

Also a small textureless walkthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26HxAhZ9jxs
    Last edited by DaChain; Feb 23rd, 2010 at 18:08:58.
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

Looks fine. No teleports == fun.

I like it, quite a small model but I can imagine there being plenty of twists and turns for people to meep out of danger or hide in ambush.

Would be nice to add an extra level somewhere with gaps that you could drop down into the level below.

I really hope new designs for BS do come into game, and not just a change to a single BS layout. I'd like to see a randomly selected layout from a choice of 5-6, it would really freshen the experience imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Would be nice to add an extra level somewhere with gaps that you could drop down into the level below.
    This is annoying for pet professions, so... No, plx. :| Unless pets learn how to jump.
    Last edited by Klod9003; Feb 23rd, 2010 at 17:19:54.

I'm worried that all those walls will mean a lot of running around without meeting other players. Perhaps just one "layer" of walls around each control point will open it up a bit.

Moved thread to Game Suggestions, as it's a little more suited to being here.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Moved thread to Game Suggestions, as it's a little more suited to being here.
    Thanks for that, this post wasn't a suggestion but just asking for opinions, but thank you for moving it to a part of the forum that no one from FC ever reads, cheers

/sarcasm
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    Thanks for that, this post wasn't a suggestion but just asking for opinions, but thank you for moving it to a part of the forum that no one from FC ever reads, cheers

/sarcasm
    You're welcome, for moving it to a part of the forum demonstrably read by both Means and Kintaii to start with. Glad to help you out.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

i dont get, from video walkthrough nor 3D map, when we're going down core or up to A/B. need C cap too.

please push it, that might be cool to get more BS playfields like in our old capdaflag FPS !

(btw i read FC work on a new PF for the end of year, don't know what year ^^)
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Personally I think it needs some work, the basic idea is the same as the current one's but it doesnt add any new elements to the design.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

1. Too much mazelayers - I fear that in low population BS, I would never see anyone.
    2. Not enough open spaces and crowded lines of sight - Favouring melee and RS profs too much I would think

I don't really get a sense of scale so it's hard to comment how big this model actually is.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    1. Too much mazelayers - I fear that in low population BS, I would never see anyone.
    2. Not enough open spaces and crowded lines of sight - Favouring melee and RS profs too much I would think

I don't really get a sense of scale so it's hard to comment how big this model actually is.
    This.

The general idea for it is pretty awesome though.
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Those ideas look great for pet professions, very.
    Devil Inside

I see too many "Target is not in line of sight" messages.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    I see too many "Target is not in line of sight" messages.
    These are really only negatives if you talk about changing the PF permanently to something like the BS suggested in the OP. I don't see these as problems as long as the choice of BS layout was varied, some to suit certain playstyles.

I'd like to see more creative changes to BS's beyond layout that have a larger effect on the outcome of the round and the performance of certain professions. It would be cool to really stretch the boundaries with the game mechanics and let FC try stuff out that people would usually cry about.

BS is desperate for some new changes and new layouts is one of the things I'd love to see. The other is of course mixed sides!

I see no advantages over the current design.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Thumbs up

I luv it. And GZ great work

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    These are really only negatives if you talk about changing the PF permanently to something like the BS suggested in the OP. I don't see these as problems as long as the choice of BS layout was varied, some to suit certain playstyles.

I'd like to see more creative changes to BS's beyond layout that have a larger effect on the outcome of the round and the performance of certain professions. It would be cool to really stretch the boundaries with the game mechanics and let FC try stuff out that people would usually cry about.

BS is desperate for some new changes and new layouts is one of the things I'd love to see. The other is of course mixed sides!
    I'm confused. You think not seeing your opponents is OK as long as it's one of a few variants of BS? I can tell you, If I can predict the scale of the OP's BS, the first thing I would do is start looking for the Exit, because there is no PVP if you can't find people and when you do, they can run out of LOS a few meters away whenever things go sour for them. That's not PVP, it's exactly what the OP made ... a maze.

Now, I'm ALL for some interesting BS layouts and certianly different types of PVP games like king of the hill or something, but making a maze layout just for the appeal of running around like hamsters would get old REALLY fast.

TBH, the best layouts aren't complicated. A circle/triangle with 3 cap points, a few pillars for LOS, some height variations and a few traps like snares along the way would be just as interesting and replayable. What makes BS boring IMO isn't the layout because if running in a different direction to do the same thing over and over appeals to a person, they need their head examined. That's how insanity is defined -- doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 25th, 2010 at 23:29:44.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Well I happen to think that a Maze themed BS would be fun, I'm certainly not scared of having things made more difficult for me in a BS round.

It's a shame that people can't see past the fact that things might be slightly more difficult for them to totally destroy someone in 2 secs.

A Maze theme should have traps and tricks in it to make it fun and challenging. Part of the challenge should be learning the lay out of the maze so that you can avoid the booby traps which might be turrets that fire upon you if you go the wrong way, snares/root mines, knock back that throws you up in the air and down in a random place in the maze.

They could also put special grid terminals in that fixers can use to zip from one area to another, 'weak' walls that Enforcers with enough +scale can charge through and tiny holes that Agents with ruse can slip through.

To me it's about making the BS actually matter. Atm the only thing on BS that effects gameplay is that you can spawn camp and exploit teleports.