Thread: Copypasting bug

Copypasting bug

When copying an entire line, the game inserts a space at the end (or might be that it inserts a linefeed but it gets converted to space when pasting). Why is this a problem? If you shift-click an item and copypaste the entire name into the GMS window, you won't get any results because of the space that's not part of the item name (GMS could also be a word search instead of a substring search, but that's a separate issue).

I've hit this problem many times, and I should be aware of it... Yet today I once again spent several minutes wondering why I can't get any results for an item, not even the one in my own shop. I checked and double-checked the QL and price ranges, tried every category (some items being in weird categories is yet another problem), to no avail. Until I remembered that damn space.

Fix please.

ctrl v / hit end key / hit backspace twice, fixed

I'm so used to this I don't even think about it anymore.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Still an annoying and unnecessary "feature" tho...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    ctrl v / hit end key / hit backspace twice, fixed
    And if your skills are lower than usual after crashing, or if a traded item fails to appear in your inventory, you can fix things by zoning. The fact that there's a workaround for some annoyance doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.

Incidentally, if GMS was made a word search, it would just ignore extra whitespace at the end and this problem wouldn't exist.

Ya, make GMS a wordsearch! Also, none of that pansy stuff like its all up to down or left to right. Let us find words that go from down to up or right to left, ****e things up!

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    I'm so used to this I don't even think about it anymore.
    Pretty much this, always been this way, if they fix its no skin off my nose but at the same time im so used to it that its not something i consider a priority in fixing.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

I think it depends how you select the text, select from right to left and see if it does the same as doing left to right.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

To be honest it's more annoying you can't use the Delete button to delete selected text, you have to use the Backspace button.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    To be honest it's more annoying you can't use the Delete button to delete selected text, you have to use the Backspace button.
    That too... as well as Ctrl + arrow keys to select entire words.... and TAB between regions in the GMS interface....

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    That too... as well as Ctrl + arrow keys to select entire words.... and TAB between regions in the GMS interface....
    u know what's funny is, I usually use "AO style" text editing doing other things on the computer now it usually takes me a few mess ups to snap out of it.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    u know what's funny is, I usually use "AO style" text editing doing other things on the computer now it usually takes me a few mess ups to snap out of it.
    I know the feeling... XD

This is a bug that's been arround for as long as i can remember. It could use a fix indeed xD
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    ^^ fix that too please

Another good example why new players get annoyed with AO. You have to keep a list of workarounds for ancient bugs to keep the game playable :P
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge