Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this would explain much

this would explain much

Recently Funcom was intending to revitalize the game using the same rendering technology that fuels Age of Conan, but the project was put on indefinite hold when the company came to realize how significant an undertaking it would wind up.

from

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cf...re/4042/page/2
    127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

*** Defence of Liberty ***
    welcome to the neutrals

...about mmorpg.com

Try reading post #34 in the comment section

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../270645/page/2

The End is near!
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Who are you going to believe, a blogger who doesn't know the difference between OGRE and the Dreamworld engine, or the Funcom devs who personally post here on a regular basis?

That is, of course, unless they're all imposters from India!!!!1oneone

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    That is, of course, unless they're all imposters from India!!!!1oneone
    Zomg teh plot thickenz
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

"Anarchy Online will always be remembered fondly by players who stuck with the game through its troubled start."

Made me laugh, saw a post the other day in which someone claimed that people can't review AO without bringing this up, 9 years later. Seems they are right!

ZOMGZ imposters from India??? Awww, where is my Special Edition Tinfoil Protective Gear???
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

from the article:

"For now, it seems that Anarchy Online is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows..."

Wow William Murphy, editor of the article, that's some great researching and fact checking skills you got there! It's like he overheard 2 people talking about AO who had never actually played the game themselves, and then decided to start writing.

After reading the rest of the article, i came to the conclusion the editor has no idea what he's talking about, and likely bases his comments on how much specific game developers kick back to him.

*For now, it seems that the United States is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

*For now, it seems that World of Warcraft is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

*For now, it seems that my career as a writer/editor is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

It works with almost anything!
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™

Quote Originally Posted by Techmagos View Post
    from the article:

"For now, it seems that Anarchy Online is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows..."

Wow William Murphy, editor of the article, that's some great researching and fact checking skills you got there! It's like he overheard 2 people talking about AO who had never actually played the game themselves, and then decided to start writing.

After reading the rest of the article, i came to the conclusion the editor has no idea what he's talking about, and likely bases his comments on how much specific game developers kick back to him.

*For now, it seems that the United States is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

*For now, it seems that World of Warcraft is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

*For now, it seems that my career as a writer/editor is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

It works with almost anything!
    New game meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Myreyliib View Post
    Try reading post #34 in the comment section

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../270645/page/2
    nice save!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Strange that the guys admits that he is wrong but still doesn't fix the overview...
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Check post #43, confirmation if it's the real Means or not? :P

Lovely short reply if it is ^^
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

I doubt the new engine is really in progress. The movie and the "screenshots" with the new engine smells like "keep-paying-costumers-happy-propaganda"
    The movie, screenshots and a few comments about "engine work is in progress" does not sound convincing at all. Especially if you realize the only true fact about the engine is the fact that the engine was announced only 2+years ago and nothing really happened. Get that sand out of your eyes guys, since 2+ years is a long time.
    If anyone can prove me that something really happened, please redirect me to new engine-movies, a testserver with the engine running, etcetera. Redirecting to comments by means, playercomments, discussions about the engine is not valid - only directions to real work please.

*For now, it seems that my lunch is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpaul View Post
    I doubt the new engine is really in progress. The movie and the "screenshots" with the new engine smells like "keep-paying-costumers-happy-propaganda"
    The movie, screenshots and a few comments about "engine work is in progress" does not sound convincing at all. Especially if you realize the only true fact about the engine is the fact that the engine was announced only 2+years ago and nothing really happened. Get that sand out of your eyes guys, since 2+ years is a long time.
    If anyone can prove me that something really happened, please redirect me to new engine-movies, a testserver with the engine running, etcetera. Redirecting to comments by means, playercomments, discussions about the engine is not valid - only directions to real work please.
    keep drinking that haterade, you will have something to wash down all that humble pie you are going to be eating.
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™

Funcom employee

I have really gotta start incorporating "Haterade" into my vocabulary more often.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpaul View Post
    For now, it seems that your paranoid delusions are on their way toward purely historical status, but who knows.

IBTK is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast