Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200- and 200+ mission reward?

200- and 200+ mission reward?

A character below 201 doesn't get a reward if teamed with someone who's 201 or above, on test. This already on live servers? Just wondering.
    Last edited by BugsCoT; Mar 13th, 2010 at 12:57:29.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Always has been that way
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Also stops you getting a token, if you'd normally be able to that is.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Wait, always? I've never encountered this before, and I've been in many teams like this over the years.

What's the point of this, anyway? It's nothing but inconvenient. It also doesn't seem to discriminate distance in the least.
    Last edited by BugsCoT; Mar 13th, 2010 at 14:27:08.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Maybe to stop tl7's from rushing tl5's thru rk missions? I dunno.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    Wait, always? I've never encountered this before, and I've been in many teams like this over the years.
    Since at least 2004.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Ahh. Well, thanks for clearing this up.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

that limitation should be removed.

201+ could buy some change and go down there for RK 200+ mishes sometimes, and if he want to team froobies friend, he would prevent them to get XP. that's a little silly if you ask me ...
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I think the limitation should be removed as well. It also applies to level 200 characters, not just 201s as I discovered when I logged my then-200 Advy to help a high-TL5 team go faster. It was a QL200+ mish and none of the mobs were even green to me let alone grey. 200+ RK Mishes are painful enough as it is with extremely limited mob encounters and vastly out-of-proportion HP increases. So much for an interesting alternative to Hecks...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I think it's a good thing and that it should stay the way it is.

The game already attempts to make people of comparable strength level together, like for example a lvl 42 can team with up to level 60 max. A level 160 is in teaming range of a 220, but not comparable in strength. So anything that's been done to discourage tl5's teaming with tl7's is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    and if he want to team froobies friend, he would prevent them to get XP. that's a little silly if you ask me ...
    If you want to play with your level 50 orgmate, do you log a low level alt or you do ask on the forum for the teaming range to be extented to 220 so you can join him on your main?
    Last edited by Saavick; Mar 15th, 2010 at 17:51:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Saavick View Post
    So anything that's been done to discourage tl5's teaming with tl7's is a good thing.
    TL7 won't get anything from RK anyways, so the only reason they would is to help someone level. If you want to level quickly, there are ample ways. This wouldn't really do anything counterproductive.

If I want to tow a level 170 player through a ql 250 mission, I don't see any particular reason why I should be discouraged from doing so, because people are already doing this in inferno for drastically(!) different rewards.

And as for the whole "people of like power staying together..." A level 200 player is drastically more powerful than a 199? A 201? A 204? TL 6 extends beyond 200.
    Last edited by BugsCoT; Mar 15th, 2010 at 18:36:42.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

If you want to play with your level 50 orgmate, do you log a low level alt or you do ask on the forum for the teaming range to be extented to 220 so you can join him on your main?
    Lol?
    You know that even lvl 200 (not 200+) can't be in team missions if anyone wants XP reward or token, right? Even that 199 player won't get it. It's not about TL7 doing some easy XP runs, but the fact that as soon as you hit 200 you will mess up the mission.
    Last edited by Suicidal; Mar 15th, 2010 at 18:43:52.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

If I want to tow a level 170 player through a ql 250 mission, I don't see any particular reason why I should be discouraged from doing so, because people are already doing this in inferno for drastically(!) different rewards.
    I'm surprised you say this, judging from the replies in this thread, a better solution seems to remove xp rewards for lowbies in inf missions too? Or redo the teaming ranges by counting each shadowlevel as 5 normal levels.
    Last edited by Saavick; Mar 15th, 2010 at 19:31:11.

I'm surprised you say this, judging from the replies in this thread, a better solution seems to remove xp rewards for lowbies in inf missions too? Or redo the teaming ranges by counting each shadowlevel as 5 normal levels.
    Are you still a froob, or no? The reason I ask is because unless you've actually been a tl5 in on an Inf mission, you really have no basis of comparison.

RK missions do not even come close to comparing to SL ones. I could powerlevel the crap out of someone, and still not achieve the same relative gain a player can with a leisurely pace in Inferno.

Now, Inf has nothing to do with this and is not the topic so let's get back to what IS the topic: The difficulty and reward of RK missions does not justify keeping me from enjoying free content if I have expansions or not. You still have to jump through the hoops to get the bells, whistles and shinies. THAT is the real time sink in this game, and always will be. Hours-long quests upon instances upon grinding is what you pay for when you buy expansions, and they're intended to make you keep on paying and playing. And they work, fools that we seem.

Simply put: You could exploit the hell out of RK missions and absolutely nothing in this game would change. Things would actually improve for froobs, having a new source of support to make that long, long climb to 200.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Things would actually improve for froobs, having a new source of support to make that long, long climb to 200.
    No, froobs would now get the same problem as people with expansions have already from Elysium and onward. You can't make yourself useful in a team which is being powerleveld by a highbie who is uncomparably more powerful, and thus you won't have fun.
    Sure you level faster, but does it really make you happy to see the number '200' in your stats window, or do you play a game to kill stuff and feel happy about your achievements?
    Creating high level leeching noobs does not improve the game for either froobs or non-froobs.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    that limitation should be removed.

201+ could buy some change and go down there for RK 200+ mishes sometimes, and if he want to team froobies friend, he would prevent them to get XP. that's a little silly if you ask me ...
    Its not that they prevent the 199 and lower getting XP, its just the mission reward and by extension a token, regular mobs still give XP.

Maybe you're right.

Maybe I'm just jaded to think that a player in AO might want to have a little more fun and a little less grind. I can argue against every point you make with logic, but hang it.

The only thing that bothers is me is that the one person arguing against this so far is a strong advocate of froobs.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Its not that they prevent the 199 and lower getting XP, its just the mission reward and by extension a token, regular mobs still give XP.
    Regular mob give exp at half the XP rate if u are teaming with 200+, if the mob is giving 200k exp, u will be getting 100k only.

Tbh, I still dont get it why they are setting it @ lvl 200 instead of 201. It actually preventing some froobs to lvl to 200 due to all these reasons.

and btw, TL5 froobs in medsuit is possible with a string of twinked NTs from different lvls
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Regular mob give exp at half the XP rate if u are teaming with 200+, if the mob is giving 200k exp, u will be getting 100k only.

Tbh, I still dont get it why they are setting it @ lvl 200 instead of 201. It actually preventing some froobs to lvl to 200 due to all these reasons.
    Yes, but not 0 XP.

At 200 you stop gaining XP and the game mechanic switches you to gaining SK, only as a froob you cant, but the mechanic is still there regardless.

I still remember my 70m exp pool went poof when I ding 200 on my SL Soldier. It doesnt carry forward to 201. -.-
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast