The final testing of the transfer mechanics are being conducted tomorrow...as this is a Friday (in the interests of having senior database and system staff available should anything go wrong) we have reconsidered and moved the "open" date for first transfers from Tomorrow until Tuesday, March 2nd.
The "character name cleanup and wipe" has clearly not happened yet as we have been focused on (among other things) on automating the "new name request" mechanic for characters that must change their names due to the transfer. The name cleanup and character wipe will be Monday, March 8th 2010. Those who have no "name issues" or ones they feel will not be changed by the name cleanup should take advantage of the ability to transfer on Tuesday. Those who would benefit (be able to keep their name) from the name cleanup will probably want to wait until after the name cleanup on the 8th of March. Players on inactive accounts that wish to retain their character names can take advantage of a special offer that will be mailed out inside the next few days that will allow them to reactivate their accounts and retain their names.
How do I move my characters?
1. Sign into your account at Funcom.com.
2. Select the relevant Anarchy Online account.
3. Choose the "Free Character Move from Die neue Welt" option.
4. Select the characters you wish to move and the destination server. If you wish to move characters to both RK1 and RK2 you will have to do this process once for each destination.
5. Check the box that states you understand the in-game mail, and anything organization related will NOT be coming with you and wil not be reimbursed.
7. Depending on load on the system, your characters may take as long as 5 hours to transfer. You must be logged off on those characters during this time for the process to execute. Characters that are logged in during this period will "fail" and be put at the end of the queue until the system tries to process the transfer again.
What do I do if my character's name has changed when I log in?
You will be able to utilize the "/name" command to make a request for a new name.
Using the example desired name of "Devsayswut" type the following into the chat window.
/name nick Devsayswut
The name process will respond to your request. If the name you choose is available then it will be processed within an hour the next time you are logged off. If you change your mind before you log off you can submit your new choice through the same system using the same command.
NOTE: Once your new name has been set it will be necessary to petition any name issues as the automated system will no longer be available. This is one time use for transferred characters at the moment.
When are the new cities for transferred players coming?
The new playfield cities dedicated to transferred organizations will be coming in the first available update (Daily Missions) as soon as the mission content is sufficiently tested.
What if all my characters won't fit on one account?
The option is being worked on to offer the ability to "copy" your characters to a newly created second AO subscription under the same master account on the German server. Once on a second account it would be possible to transfer it to RK1 or RK2 like any other DNW character. The current price for this service is not yet decided. We were hoping to have this option available at the same time as the transfer but it is not quite ready yet. The moment it is available the DNW community will be informed.
Thank you to the German community for their patience and assistance in getting this transfer up and running. Any questions (concerning the transfer) can be posted here and I will adress them as soon as possible.