Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Update on Transfer from DNW to RK1 and RK2.

Funcom employee Update on Transfer from DNW to RK1 and RK2.

The final testing of the transfer mechanics are being conducted tomorrow...as this is a Friday (in the interests of having senior database and system staff available should anything go wrong) we have reconsidered and moved the "open" date for first transfers from Tomorrow until Tuesday, March 2nd.

The "character name cleanup and wipe" has clearly not happened yet as we have been focused on (among other things) on automating the "new name request" mechanic for characters that must change their names due to the transfer. The name cleanup and character wipe will be Monday, March 8th 2010. Those who have no "name issues" or ones they feel will not be changed by the name cleanup should take advantage of the ability to transfer on Tuesday. Those who would benefit (be able to keep their name) from the name cleanup will probably want to wait until after the name cleanup on the 8th of March. Players on inactive accounts that wish to retain their character names can take advantage of a special offer that will be mailed out inside the next few days that will allow them to reactivate their accounts and retain their names.

How do I move my characters?

1. Sign into your account at Funcom.com.

2. Select the relevant Anarchy Online account.

3. Choose the "Free Character Move from Die neue Welt" option.

4. Select the characters you wish to move and the destination server. If you wish to move characters to both RK1 and RK2 you will have to do this process once for each destination.

5. Check the box that states you understand the in-game mail, and anything organization related will NOT be coming with you and wil not be reimbursed.

6. Transfer.

7. Depending on load on the system, your characters may take as long as 5 hours to transfer. You must be logged off on those characters during this time for the process to execute. Characters that are logged in during this period will "fail" and be put at the end of the queue until the system tries to process the transfer again.

What do I do if my character's name has changed when I log in?

You will be able to utilize the "/name" command to make a request for a new name.

Using the example desired name of "Devsayswut" type the following into the chat window.

/name nick Devsayswut

The name process will respond to your request. If the name you choose is available then it will be processed within an hour the next time you are logged off. If you change your mind before you log off you can submit your new choice through the same system using the same command.

NOTE: Once your new name has been set it will be necessary to petition any name issues as the automated system will no longer be available. This is one time use for transferred characters at the moment.

When are the new cities for transferred players coming?

The new playfield cities dedicated to transferred organizations will be coming in the first available update (Daily Missions) as soon as the mission content is sufficiently tested.

What if all my characters won't fit on one account?

The option is being worked on to offer the ability to "copy" your characters to a newly created second AO subscription under the same master account on the German server. Once on a second account it would be possible to transfer it to RK1 or RK2 like any other DNW character. The current price for this service is not yet decided. We were hoping to have this option available at the same time as the transfer but it is not quite ready yet. The moment it is available the DNW community will be informed.

Thank you to the German community for their patience and assistance in getting this transfer up and running. Any questions (concerning the transfer) can be posted here and I will adress them as soon as possible.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Woo hoo!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Nice, didn´t thought it would really work out now *g*

oh wait i´ve got one question, will it be possible to change more names of my chars, or just of the one whose name is blocked?
    The problem by mine chars would be, that my mainchars name is blocked (at least i think so), so i will need to rename him, ok no problem until this point, but i gave my twinktoons names according to my maincharacter, boogydoc for example, so i don´t see any point why i should keep the name of boogydoc when i have to rename my mainchar boogyman, so i would like to change all of my names
    Last edited by ElBoogy; Feb 25th, 2010 at 22:03:43.

A question for clarification. Will chars that have been used as "bots" need to make sure they actually log in to the game to make sure the name isn't lost? Or is logging into chat as they are now be sufficient?
    Snarfblatt
    President of Knights of Ka
    Site Admin of AOFroobs.com

thanks for the info means

great

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfblattt View Post
    A question for clarification. Will chars that have been used as "bots" need to make sure they actually log in to the game to make sure the name isn't lost? Or is logging into chat as they are now be sufficient?
    Heyas,

i read in one of the last few FwM that chat logging is NOT enough to save your name from being taken over. Unfortunately, i cant find the post right now, so an official statement in regards to this would be good considered how many bots are running.

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

4. Select the characters you wish to move and the destination server. If you wish to move characters to both RK1 and RK2 you will have to do this process once for each destination.
    If I understood that one right the transfer is gonna be pretty cool cause i'm playing on rk2 and the majority of rk3s plan to move to rk1 :/
    Having the same toon on both servers would be great.

I just wanted to say good luck, and we're all counting on you.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

well ephedrae as far as i understand this, you cannot copy 1 char to both servers, but put some of your chars to one server, and some other chars to the other server, for example 2 to Rk2 and 1 to RK1

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    well ephedrae as far as i understand this, you cannot copy 1 char to both servers, but put some of your chars to one server, and some other chars to the other server, for example 2 to Rk2 and 1 to RK1
    That would suck :-/

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    If I understood that one right the transfer is gonna be pretty cool cause i'm playing on rk2 and the majority of rk3s plan to move to rk1 :/
    Having the same toon on both servers would be great.
    Note it says "characters" not "a character". So if you want to move say your crat to RK1 but your adv to RK2, you can do that.
    That would suck :-/
    Why does it "suck"? It would be giving away free duplicates of characters for no good reason. Why shouldn't the rest of us get the choice to all play on both servers with identical characters? And in that case, why not merge all servers?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

...as this is a Friday
    .. which is FCs lucky day..

meh... and to think that i was joking about this happening only yesterday. karma's a bitch.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Wewt, new players!! Welcome to rk2 ^^.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Why does it "suck"? It would be giving away free duplicates of characters for no good reason. Why shouldn't the rest of us get the choice to all play on both servers with identical characters? And in that case, why not merge all servers?
    Sucks because to talk to rk3 people i'd have to roll completely new toons since my main toon is on rk2, hence that's where i'll get my rk3 toons equipped. I'm not saying it's wrong, just saying it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Wewt, new players!! Welcome to rk2 ^^.
    Sadly i don't know anyone on rk3 who's gonna move to rk2...
    So the next dead server is gonna be rk2 ^^ I guess having implemented rk3 > rk1/2 transfer makes rk2 > rk1 transfer pretty easy...next year or so.
    Last edited by ephedrae; Feb 26th, 2010 at 00:47:12.

The most of will go to rk1.
    And I hope we will get a funny time on the BS and many esay frags

Cool beanz, now merge the servers.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

So the next dead server is gonna be rk2 ^^
    Doubt it. RK1 is currently the deader of the two, and if RK3 is as dead as they say, it's not really gonna buff up their population that much.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Swardbearker View Post
    if RK3 is as dead as they say, it's not really gonna buff up their population that much.
    You can't expect to see the population explode on RK1 on Tuesday... some people will surely transfer immediately but much will wait until the name clean-up will be finished... others will wait until the new city spots are opened and of course, the inactive players which plan to reactivate, won't come back all on the same day.
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

What? I don't say 'wut', I say 'watt'!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast