Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Update on Transfer from DNW to RK1 and RK2.

Finally!

2 questions:

- Is it possible to transfer one of my characters to BOTH, RK1 and RK2 or do I have to choose? I mean ONE character playable on both/all three servers or only one, e.g. RK1 OR RK2.

- Are the transferred characters deleted from RK3 or still playable on RK3 and the chosen target server(s)?

Thanks for your efforts, Means
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    The problem by mine chars would be, that my mainchars name is blocked (at least i think so), so i will need to rename him, ok no problem until this point, but i gave my twinktoons names according to my maincharacter, boogydoc for example, so i don´t see any point why i should keep the name of boogydoc when i have to rename my mainchar boogyman, so i would like to change all of my names
    Thats certainly not going to happen unless you qualify for a name change. Consider it a lesson learned to be more creative with your names in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    - Is it possible to transfer one of my characters to BOTH, RK1 and RK2 or do I have to choose? I mean ONE character playable on both/all three servers or only one, e.g. RK1 OR RK2.
    Why should you be able to have multiple copies of the same char on all servers but the majority of the subscribers not? The answer is therefore 'no'.

- Are the transferred characters deleted from RK3 or still playable on RK3 and the chosen target server(s)?
    Its called character transfer not copy.
    ಠ_ಠ

Hope they delete it from rk3 or else you can transfer all your money/phats then un equip that toon pass All the money phats to the next one and have double All the items money. Which would be horrible for the economy ofnthe new server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    ejnhin4r
    Dude, when did you become an FC employee.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When are the new cities for transferred players coming?

The new playfield cities dedicated to transferred organizations will be coming in the first available update (Daily Missions) as soon as the mission content is sufficiently tested.
    Instance city was a good thing, GMS -> mail ? hint hint. .

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfblattt View Post
    A question for clarification. Will chars that have been used as "bots" need to make sure they actually log in to the game to make sure the name isn't lost? Or is logging into chat as they are now be sufficient?
    Bump for wanting confirmation on this, for both bot toons and mule toons.
    :E

I've not played my DNW chars for quite some time (the language barrier was worse than originaly expected lol), will I still get the option to move my chars over?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I've not played my DNW chars for quite some time (the language barrier was worse than originaly expected lol), will I still get the option to move my chars over?
    Why wouldnt you? Sure. oO

What about the RK3 owned city?

Hi,

I am wondering what kind of restitution will be given for complete orgs transferring to the same server ?

will there be a per building amount that is payed to the president ?

that seems fair to the DNWers that are "encouraged" to move to another server.

Line

Quote Originally Posted by Zonax View Post
    Instance city was a good thing, GMS -> mail ? hint hint. .
    Asking if player shops in instanced cities can be made to work with the mail system
    The player shops inside instanced cities will not work. When the instance shuts down...functionally that playfield/city ceases to exist. (oversimplifying a bit). At some point it is possible we might cave in and move to a auction house type system...but this won't be happening soon.
    So we may see some sort of auction system later but the mail and GMS tie in for at least instanced cities sounds like it's a complete no go.

Dear DNW residents,

RK1 has bratwurst and beerhalls. That is all.

Love,

the last 5 people on RK1
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    Love,

the last 5 people on RK1
    so melodramatic!
    Last edited by Biancha; Feb 27th, 2010 at 23:08:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    Dear DNW residents,

RK1 has bratwurst and beerhalls. That is all.

Love,

the last 5 people on RK1
    The main reason why you should not transfer to RK1.

Losing all city assets ...

Quote Originally Posted by linesol View Post
    Hi,

I am wondering what kind of restitution will be given for complete orgs transferring to the same server ?

will there be a per building amount that is payed to the president ?

that seems fair to the DNWers that are "encouraged" to move to another server.

Line
    This indeed really bothers me. I was looking forward to this. And how FunCom would handle its veteran players-base with some respect.

Complete cities cost between 140 to 600 million credits. This is not some amount of money you get in a few minutes. For most players it means laborious and hard work to earn that kind of money and maintain the city each month.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work and time FunCom puts into making this transfer possible.
    But just stealing that hard earned money from players is not done, and certainly of players who have been paying your services for 5, 6 even 7 years or more.

If this is how things will be going, I am not inclined at all to move to RK1 or 2.

Here a suggestion :
    ===
    A GM can be contacted by one of the players or the orgs president, or the other way around. And together remove all buildings in the city, so he can return the respective credits for each building to the orgs president.
    Or even better, spawn the buildings back into the presidents main inventory and last but not least reimburse the Land Area, which is the biggest initial cost.
    ===

Means, FunCom, don't take this lightly, communicate with the players and don't just run over us, and pretent we don't exist. How it will be done now is not fair to the time and work we put into playing your game.
    We as players also make it possible for you to have a wonderful game for all those years and even more years to come.

alot of good stuff
    hey means and co,

make sure that the german char is getting deleted on the transfer, else it will be exploited to move all stuff to once char, copy it to rk1 or rk2, and then move all the items over to the next char on the german server and do it all over again.

So let say one german player have 10 complete set of CSS, he could move this around and make 70 complete set of CSS.

So I hope this is a MOVE and not just a copy

So I see it will be possible to have more account under the same "master account" will we be able to merge our accounts in the future? maybe even give some discount for the 2nd account? and the 3th?

This could maybe in the end give more income to FC, as more would be having 2 accounts. and then take a small $/€ for a transfer between the accounts on the same master account. (This could be a neat feature for us all) and this could also generate more income for FC.

i thought i read somewhere a few weeks ago that buildings will be reembursed etc.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    With this RK3 to RK1 or RK2 merge, they should just give us 14-16 toons per account & redo the login so that you choose your toon to play & THEN choose which server to go to. Problem solved.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

i would hope so..

but Means's message contains this nice "catchall"
    5. Check the box that states you understand the in-game mail, and anything organization related will NOT be coming with you and wil not be reimbursed

@Means: What about increasing Number auf Characters for each Account from 8 to 12, to compensate for the loss of the 8 RK3 Char Slots?

I can't (won't) afford to make a second account, not if it is as expensive as a normal account.
    You said something about a "Master-Account", is the newly created Account the "Slave" and will it be cheaper, than a normal new Account?

It should be, because the total amount of slots is reduced from 24 to 16, if not it's a hidden raise of prices.

What about buying additional Character-Slots for a one time Payment? It's possible in AOC, why not in AO?
    Last edited by valaris; Feb 27th, 2010 at 23:39:08.
    RK1
    Wildbret 220/30/70 Soldier Equip || Fechs 220/30/70 Enforcer Equip
    Graphit 220/30/70 Engineer Equip || Lanthan 220/30/70 Keeper Equip
    Valaris 220/30/62 Agent Equip || Arelia 220/30/63 Doctor Equip
    Wildberry 220/30/70 Shade Equip || Netima 220/30/70 Nano-Technician Equip
    Duktil 220/30/70 Bureaucrat Equip || Naitiri 220/30/70 Martial Artist Equip
    Zanid 220/30/70 Fixer Equip || Netifa 220/30/70 Nano-Technician Equip
    Widia 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist || Zernid 220/30/59 Trader
    RK2
    Netima 220/30/70 Adventurer Equip

Actually, the buildings aren't that expensive.. it's the 100~150M purchase price that bothers me a bit. But seeing that the new city playfields will be distributed with a special system, I still have hope that they will waive this upfront payment for the old RK3 orgs.

If we don't get our buildings reimbursed, I can see Manteze scouts and a few others becoming an endangered species soon..
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast