Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Update on Transfer from DNW to RK1 and RK2.

Just a heads up on two problems I encountered:
    Mission window will be empty after transfer so try to remember on which step you were.
    Apartments won't be transferred with the toon. Empty them out or lose the items in them.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by LylithDNW View Post
    Just a heads up on two problems I encountered:
    Mission window will be empty after transfer so try to remember on which step you were.
    Apartments won't be transferred with the toon. Empty them out or lose the items in them.
    Yes. These seem to be an issue..unfortunately something that we won't be able to correct.

To minimize the impact of these issues:

1. Please note where you are in mission chains before transferring. You should in most cases be able to pick up where you left off by speaking with the NPCs involved in the mission chain.

2. Empty your apartments before the move to retain your furniture.

3. You can get a new Regular, Jobe and Jobe Luxury apartments (if you had these before) by entering an appropriate door on the destination server. If this does not work you will need to get assistance from a GM to "reset" your apartment.

4. Orbital Apartments are a special case. Empty your orbital apartment...then delete the key. When the key is deleted a new "Sunrise Luxury Residence Key" will spawn in your inventory that can be used to access a new apartment on the destination server.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope that this information helps minimize and trouble.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Thanks for the update Means, but what about the items lost (or in even worse cases orbital apartments bought by credits not PP) in the process due to no error of the players?

Quote Originally Posted by LylithDNW View Post
    Thanks for the update Means, but what about the items lost (or in even worse cases orbital apartments bought by credits not PP) in the process due to no error of the players?
    Thats exactly my problem but the GM ingame refused to help me on this matter.

[Deckenkatze]: I'm sorry but I can't find any record of you having a key.
    [Deckenkatze]: Unfortunately the only way to get a key is to buy another for the time being. I really cannot track that you had the key.
    [Deckenkatze]: I'm sorry, I wish I could help out but there's not anything I can do in this case.

I still have my Phasefront Classic - Charon, this should be proof enough I think.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Evilsaron View Post
    Thats exactly my problem but the GM ingame refused to help me on this matter.

[Deckenkatze]: I'm sorry but I can't find any record of you having a key.
    [Deckenkatze]: Unfortunately the only way to get a key is to buy another for the time being. I really cannot track that you had the key.
    [Deckenkatze]: I'm sorry, I wish I could help out but there's not anything I can do in this case.

I still have my Phasefront Classic - Charon, this should be proof enough I think.
    I have spoken to Customer Service about this and casting this nano is now sufficient proof. I'm sorry you have to petition again (or at all...) but at least this time you will get your apartment key

There is always some kind of evil surprise when we do something new...they are slowly coming out of the woodwork now We'll try and take care of the issues as quickly as we can.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Evilsaron View Post

you could buy that "standalone" ? if im not all wrong

Funcom employee Orbital Apartment Update

Update re: Apartment

All your paid points are on your character and you can simply buy it again at the shop outside Newland. No waiting.

If you purchased your apartment for credits and have never had the paid points to purchase the apartment you will unfortunately have to petition.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I, for one, welcome our new German overlords.
    I could have sworn you weren't French.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

So, I got this e-mail.. Preserve your Anarchy Online Names and Characters bla bla
    Special Offer for returning players: One Month for 5$/Euro! bla bla..

where? what? how?
    I don't see any 5$/Euro option.
    And when do I have to pay 10 euro to preserve my items? Or 20 euro to preserve my org?
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Means is ****ing cool for helping people.
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfblattt View Post
    A question for clarification. Will chars that have been used as "bots" need to make sure they actually log in to the game to make sure the name isn't lost? Or is logging into chat as they are now be sufficient?
    Forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it. :s FC, could you please clarify if both bots and mules/bank toons will be affected by the name wipe and whether we need to log them in to stop them from being deleted? I'm not sure exactly how the name cleanup will work or what it will be affecting, and Monday 8th is fast approaching...
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    So, I got this e-mail.. Preserve your Anarchy Online Names and Characters bla bla

where? what? how?
    And when do I have to pay 10 euro to preserve my items? Or 20 euro to preserve my org?
    what?... I have not seen any email yet, U must have gotten a scam email or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AhndraCorvid View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it. :s FC, could you please clarify if both bots and mules/bank toons will be affected by the name wipe and whether we need to log them in to stop them from being deleted? I'm not sure exactly how the name cleanup will work or what it will be affecting, and Monday 8th is fast approaching...
    Here is the post that details how the character wipe/renaming will be done:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...1&postcount=33

As far as the question about characters used as org chat bots or other bots -- if just having them logged in to chat is enough, or if they need to be actually logged into the game -- I seem to remember something being said about them needing to be actually logged into the game, but I'm not sure. To be on the safe side, all the orgs I know are logging into the game with their chat bot characters and saving at a save terminal.
    Last edited by tiralee; Mar 3rd, 2010 at 23:09:00.

To clarify: on any previous name wipes that were done, you were required to log the character in for the name that you wanted to preserve.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    Here is the post that details how the character wipe/renaming will be done:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...1&postcount=33

As far as the question about characters used as org chat bots or other bots -- if just having them logged in to chat is enough, or if they need to be actually logged into the game -- I seem to remember something being said about them needing to be actually logged into the game, but I'm not sure. To be on the safe side, all the orgs I know are logging into the game with their chat bot characters and saving at a save terminal.
    I believe it's in-game as it's dealing with inactive characters.

"Player characters level 5 and below on accounts that have not been logged in for 1 year will be removed."

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post

where? what? how?
    It was sent out late in the workday, probably be up later today. If you read that email then it's a matter of years, and the policy is that they delete your characters after like 6-12 months of inactivity anyway that policy just isn't upheld. So really, you always had to pay your subscription always to keep your stuff around. It's just that FC are nice enough to store your characters for years and years.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Are there any probs with the transfer now?
    Yesterday transfer some toons, no one is available now on rk1

OMG, now my Fixer transferred successfully - thanks for that. But now I can't log in to DNW anymore. My 220 Trader's still there (for Tara) but when I try to log my account on RK3 it says "Account closed" logging into RK1/2 works.

Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

I've the same probleme here with transfer and I'm already waiting for 36h. My 220 crat Maxor is still on RK3 altough acc-website says:
    Die neue Welt: Maxor [Server: Die neue Welt, Stufe: 220] Dieser Charakter wurde transferiert (This character has been transfered)

Ingame support said he could not help and two mails at "support@an.." haven't been replied yet.
    Last edited by Toonstar; Mar 4th, 2010 at 12:30:21.

is transfer shut down atm?

all the people that wanted to transfer a toon from last nite on only have a "transfer in progress" note and nothing happens.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast