Thread: Shen Sticks / Ma

Shen Sticks / Ma

Are such things viable? How much damage do they do in comparison to shotguns? Anyone out there doing this?
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Are such things viable? How much damage do they do in comparison to shotguns? Anyone out there doing this?
    I used to do this; even in rather ... ok, really bad ... equipment that took little advantage of the set-up, it did very well. If you focus your damage on Martial Arts skill and critchance, your damage will soar. I'm almost sure it can beat Shattergun/DRapier in terms of DPS.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I used to do this; even in rather ... ok, really bad ... equipment that took little advantage of the set-up, it did very well. If you focus your damage on Martial Arts skill and critchance, your damage will soar. I'm almost sure it can beat Shattergun/DRapier in terms of DPS.
    Why do you use past tense then? Is what you use now higher dps?
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Why do you use past tense then? Is what you use now higher dps?
    Nah. My budget and playstyle didn't support Martial Arts. As much as I love being strong DD, that's not what I played Trader for.

If you prefer strong DD though, you will do splendidly with the Sticks. Experiment with using 1, 2, or none, see how it goes, since we can get a ton of critchance.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.