Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: GTH and BR changes. (Info from Means)

Quote Originally Posted by Tergxj View Post
    only feature that needs to be changed i the non-cancellability of the beneficial part, especially when the negative duration is that tiny. Sounds like reverse engineering the GTH timer locks as a cruel joke on us hehe.
    I guess you're right, that is the simplest, and probably best solution.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

A question about the GTH version currently on test (since i couldn t catch a 220 trader there yet) :

"3. Casting this nano will be subject to a 60 second local cooldown preventing this nano from being repeatedly cast."

Means trader got only 1 chance to try and lands it on a target ? if it s countered, target has a 60 sec cooldown ? or is the cooldown on trader's side ?

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    A question about the GTH version currently on test (since i couldn t catch a 220 trader there yet) :

"3. Casting this nano will be subject to a 60 second local cooldown preventing this nano from being repeatedly cast."

Means trader got only 1 chance to try and lands it on a target ? if it s countered, target has a 60 sec cooldown ? or is the cooldown on trader's side ?
    The 60 sec cooldown only starts (on the caster) when you successfully land the nano.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    The 60 sec cooldown only starts (on the caster) when you successfully land the nano.
    So like we're back to where we were? Spammable nano that removes all your nano pool no matter how much you got with no drawbacks on caster other than a lockout on successful land? Apart from traders being able to rip through NS2 and gain beneficial reflect from it, no LE nukes to even try to kill the trader before you're out of nano. If that is FC's idea of balance NT's future seems rather depressing.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Wrangelin-o-question! Have the GTH Attack/Recharge times been changed? was kinda expecting some sort of local cooldown to make it less spamable without interrupting regular nano casting. Seems like it is still a "Lockout" instead of a local recharge on test, right?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Wrangelin-o-question! Have the GTH Attack/Recharge times been changed? was kinda expecting some sort of local cooldown to make it less spamable without interrupting regular nano casting. Seems like it is still a "Lockout" instead of a local recharge on test, right?
    The GTH on Test is from a few weeks ago...this is not the version that will be going live.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

So after rendering BR useless for anything else than being the lazy men's reflectgraft, can't wait to see what GTH will turn into.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Or, give doc/NT specific def against it, while keepin its general power versus anyone else ? to got approx the same effect versus everyone. Is the 15 seconds duration problematic as it is ? Maybe don't nerf it just because it cripple NTs ? Does it even cripple doc in this design ? (7 or 8 seconds @ 0 nanos only afterall, perk heal remaining). What s pissing me off for NT is no NBG, extended time to refill pool, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The GTH on Test is from a few weeks ago...this is not the version that will be going live.
    Thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean it will have a local recharge to limit spamming, it will stay cooldown with fast recharge, or does it just mean "Hehe, you just wait and see!", cuz that would be real mean, Means!

...Nah. I know you guys are still working on it, still we're interested in the current draft of the changes.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    Or, give doc/NT specific def against it, while keepin its general power versus anyone else ? to got approx the same effect versus everyone. Is the 15 seconds duration problematic as it is ? Maybe don't nerf it just because it cripple NTs ? Does it even cripple doc in this design ? (7 or 8 seconds @ 0 nanos only afterall, perk heal remaining). What s pissing me off for NT is no NBG, extended time to refill pool, etc.
    It's meant to be extra effective vs NTs.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

so "if" the positive effects of casting gth on ones self does get removed, could we get a self only nano delta nano to fill in for those who don't care for PvP? I liked the fact that i could cast gth on self and focus on crowd control instead of my nano pool. sounds greedy i know. =(
    "One can know Victory and yet not achieve it." ~ Sun-Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    so "if" the positive effects of casting gth on ones self does get removed, could we get a self only nano delta nano to fill in for those who don't care for PvP? I liked the fact that i could cast gth on self and focus on crowd control instead of my nano pool. sounds greedy i know. =(
    Wat situations is this necessary in PVM? Sure there are specific encounters that drain ALL your nano. I think they are meant to do that and there are things available to give you nano back to enable you to cast some things in those situations as well. I don't see a need to have an insta-used nanopool filler for PVM. I mean, some traders don't even max nano but we need a 100% filler? I don't think so.

Between all our tools, we have more than enough ways to get nano for 'nano-challenged' situations.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

i iz atrox!!! and you use to many syllables in your question!!, but really i just think its a handy tool, i could probably make due without it but i like that it is there for me to use.
    "One can know Victory and yet not achieve it." ~ Sun-Tzu.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456