Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balance documentation

Balance documentation

(information current as of Nov. 13th, 2009)

Update, pretty please.

Aye, that would be fantastic, please.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

+1, WTB General Perklines documentation.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

/signed
    Gone for good
    R.I.P. :
    Bushidobrown 220/20 Omni Soli Crat on RK1
    Dafunky 170/24 Omni Opi Trader on RK1
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Drimachus 220/22 Trox Keeper
    Raljahz 218/19 Opi Agent
    Kyngsize 214/11 Trox Shade
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA
    Dafunky 170/17 Soli Trader
    Dizzastarr 170/18 Trox Adv
    Slashwrist 170/11 Trox Agent

ssshh... we're working on some ways to better get data out there, and in a much easier to view format.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    ssshh... we're working on some ways to better get data out there, and in a much easier to view format.
    auno.org perk planner plix, and show differences per perk line / action too
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Hm i like this idea, scrolling through the pages of documentation they posted gives me a bit of a headache :P
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    ask to Auno :PP

but all this silence is somehow suspect... kinda you are missing the words to tell us that some of us are goin to be ubergimped ;S
    Last edited by Drakeep; Mar 5th, 2010 at 00:14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    ask to Auno :PP

but all this silence is somehow suspect... kinda you are missing the words to tell us that some of us are goin to be ubergimped ;S
    some of us already are :/

Are we there yet? Come on. We still didn't see potential general perkline's changes.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Starting to feel like Lost Eden, lol.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

They probably still are nitpicking about GTH & BR

scary long silence... :s
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Sadly if FC had THEIR own tools website for players that allowed things like perk planning they could clone it to a "beta balance" site and update the data there and let everyone play with them there. The concept of building my perk plan and seeing how it performs before doing it in game in nice. Being able to do that with the balanced versions would be even better. Imagine you could compare pre and post balance of the same plan. Better stop dreaming before I get to excited.

But instead we will be tortured with more charts and tables in coloring that is only getting crazier I am sure.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

It would be nice to see some new documentation, but I'd guess that they're hard at work with specifying all the changes that will be needed to all the nanos (cooldowns etc), the healing change decisions, the ground up rebuild of all pets and also the complete rebuilding of some professions they've announced. In particular, I'd imagine the nano changes will represent a huge piece of specification work and will probably be the next major piece of documentation we'd see.

Since it's very likely that there'd also need to be a re-tweaking of all the perks once the nano, pet and healing changes have been firmed up, that would also include new perk documentation. I can't see them spending the time updating the perk change docs only to have to do it all again after those major other elements are in place.

Sadly if FC had THEIR own tools website for players that allowed things like perk planning
    I suppose in a sense FC do have this available... as Jayde who built Anarchy Mainframe did go to work for them. Since he doesn't run it himself any more, I'd guess he'd probably give it to them fairly willingly. But there's a fair bit of time invested in maintaining and updating the websites - and trying to do that for different build versions available as they come through development would only worsen that.

Whether they'd really see the benefit especially when Auno and others are doing it for free...?

X

Update please. What's going on?

I'm actually hesitating to use even that free month you offered me.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    I suppose in a sense FC do have this available... as Jayde who built Anarchy Mainframe did go to work for them. Since he doesn't run it himself any more, I'd guess he'd probably give it to them fairly willingly. But there's a fair bit of time invested in maintaining and updating the websites - and trying to do that for different build versions available as they come through development would only worsen that.

Whether they'd really see the benefit especially when Auno and others are doing it for free...?

X
    It would require a couple of database tables, then with some php+ javascript magic a perk planner can be done in a couple of working days...

The problem is that if I can do it, the data is from FC and we know all about it already. The interest would be to publish new info this way.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

So much easier if they just made AO2 from scratch instead of going the microsoft way to patch old patches.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

And give up several YEARS of effort? I'd be gone in a heart beat and wouldn't look back.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast