Thread: PvP in General

PvP in General

Iv been thinking about how great this idea was or would be and i would like to know what you guys think about it.

Concerning OSBs how about only make it so toons in your lvl range can giv you OSBs. Just like how it is when you get a tower flag BUT designate an area in each city like Bor,Rome,Athens like the BYs with a treat machines where you can get OSBs. That way you need to know ppl hav alts to get the buffs you want and not spam random ppl with tells or get random spam from ppl. That way you can still twink the FK out of yourself but when it comes to towers only OSBs in you lvl range.

Let me know wutcha think! =]

Quote Originally Posted by Wiir2000 View Post
    Iv been thinking about how great this idea was or would be and i would like to know what you guys think about it.

Concerning OSBs how about only make it so toons in your lvl range can giv you OSBs. Just like how it is when you get a tower flag BUT designate an area in each city like Bor,Rome,Athens like the BYs with a treat machines where you can get OSBs. That way you need to know ppl hav alts to get the buffs you want and not spam random ppl with tells or get random spam from ppl. That way you can still twink the FK out of yourself but when it comes to towers only OSBs in you lvl range.

Let me know wutcha think! =]
    that... wouldnt do anything...
    1) that would leave people w/o friends who have or who have themselves the alts for the osbs at a disadvantage...
    2) people would still bug the crap out of random people, but the clause "meet me in by #xx" would be attacked to the end...
    3) people that are serious about pvp, theyll go through the trouble of getting their osbs in those designated areas before going into battle or logging to save them anyway...
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Well you cant fight in BYs anyways so you cant do that and thats not the point serious or not im not talking about the troubles of getting OSBs just not having them makes the same ol enf trander agent twinks at low lvls change up this wouldnt even affect higher lvls like tl5 cos they in teaming range of of high lvls (TL7) and you can still get the same OSBs there and not my fault you dont hav friends =|

Good idea but the execution should be a little different.. Just make it so OBs are cancelled when getting flag or entering grace, and all flags act as a tower flag, essentially eliminating pockets and OBs altogether. Means twinking is still easy and while pvping you can be buffed/healed only by people in range (maybe add flagging to healing a flagged target to help with unflagged pocketing). And you've got a better more balanced pvp experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Original View Post
    Good idea but the execution should be a little different.. Just make it so OBs are cancelled when getting flag or entering grace, and all flags act as a tower flag, essentially eliminating pockets and OBs altogether. Means twinking is still easy and while pvping you can be buffed/healed only by people in range (maybe add flagging to healing a flagged target to help with unflagged pocketing). And you've got a better more balanced pvp experience?
    This is almost perfect. The only issue with this is that the game needs some way of determining the level of the person you got OBs from.

Say you were in team with a friend and you're both around level 25, he's a doc and you're a sold. Neither of you are currently flagged but you exchanged HP buffs/reflects and then proceed to get flagged attacking someone. If this system doesn't check the level of the person who buffed you they would both lose their level-appropriate buffs.

Ye.. I thought maybe that as long as they can keep their selfed buffs, the friendly buffs dont take long to buff up after flag. I thought about a grace period-like idea but it doesn't seem practical with normal flag.. At towers theres no problem at all from what i can see. Just if you want a buff from someone in range you have to wait till you flag, I can't think of a way to solve this easily other than the checking level suggestion which i'm not sure is possible but if the devs can do it that would make the whole thing perfect. So any suggestions on other fixes?

I like the OSBs, I just don't like them in pvp when sites are dropped in split seconds because a few TL2 froobs are running a trader buff. I find there is a lot more skill involved when players are appropriately buffed at tower wars, rather than fully buffed NR toons or GSF, wolf, rrfe, behe, HnQ toting toons that spend more time running away than pvping.

If I had to choose between OSBs for twinking and pvp, or no OSBs for either, I would have to choose OSBs for twinking and pvp.

But we're still leaving OSBs for twinking.. Just not in pvp, meaning low lvls don't have ridiculously high RS/hp/heals/nanoskills/damage and in the case of traders godmode..

ya like what i was thinking of still being able to twink with OSBs just not wile pvping cept if they in lvl range =D i like Originals idea just to help out with balance and fun factor. Plus you can still get your OSBs for pvm like dmg buff on lowbis cos its not flagged or pvping!

i love originals idea, i mean even if going into gas you had to rebuff eachother that would give people much more of an inclination to team pvp instead of just having high lvl buff toons and trying to solo kill everyone... (what usually happens under tl3)

the problem isnt in buffing in towns and such or even OSBing to twink, but in what you can bring into gas with ya... osbs should be allowed for twinking purposes (implanting, equipping things like colar, armor, etc) but not for fighting, for the simple fact that not only does not everyone have access to the same buffs, but ncu is a concern as well (even if you have the access, whats to say you can fit them all... when the opposing trader deff can)

got my vote original! XD
    Last edited by rayje-defunct; Mar 22nd, 2010 at 23:27:28.
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Quote Originally Posted by Micromgmt View Post
    This is almost perfect. The only issue with this is that the game needs some way of determining the level of the person you got OBs from.

Say you were in team with a friend and you're both around level 25, he's a doc and you're a sold. Neither of you are currently flagged but you exchanged HP buffs/reflects and then proceed to get flagged attacking someone. If this system doesn't check the level of the person who buffed you they would both lose their level-appropriate buffs.

In general, i think this is a great idea. It would help to significantly round out low-level pvp and make it much more skill based than OSB-based, as it is now.

I agree with the above quote about this being a flaw, but i can see some easy ways to resolve it. The simplest solution would be to add a flag to the buff that is set when the buff is originally cast to determine if this buff is valid or not during flag/pvp. Essentially, the flag would determine whether the original caster was in pvp range of the target when it was originally cast. This type of approach would not add significant database, data model or coding changes and should be -relatively- easy to implement.

BUMP for this idea, maybe i'd actually do lowbie pvp...
    Proud Member of Paradise

Great ideas keep it coming! BUMP! =D

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3735/toweridea.jpg

Pretty self explanatory I think...

the current tower field is just the red part, you enter, you got some time before gas takes effect yada yada...

The blue part i added is the buffing zone, this area is 75%, in this zone all of your buffs go off (perhaps after a time limit, just in case you fly over active towers and dont mean to) and in this area you would rebuff. Also in this area you could only recieve buffs from people in your pvp range. so a 21 trader twink cant get mochams HnQ and GSF but can get weaker versions of the three, if there happens to be a fixer or MP around. In the buffing zone there should be a message that doesnt fade on your screen where the usual supression gas messages are
    messages may in include the following:

upon entering the buffing zone:
    "Entering Buffing zone, 10 Seconds before NCU wipe takes effect"

Leaving the buffing zone into the war zone:
    "Leaving buffing zone, suppresion gas will begin to take effect in 3 seconds"
    This is incase someone isnt done buffing and accidentally enters war zone, alternatively there could be a visible barrier but that is too cheesy imo.

If one went into the war zone before the buffing zone's NCU wipe, their NCU would be wiped upon entering the war zone.

Tbh its more like conervting towers into a form of BS, IMO BS is a pretty fair system (other than the fact a level 21 can be attacked by a 49) and so if we wanted towers to be fair, we could look a little at BS (while BS isnt perfect, its method of handling OSBs is pretty nice)

Edit: After reading Original's post a second time, its easier than my idea. I Just have had this idea for a while and wanted to share
    Last edited by Kuegen; Mar 25th, 2010 at 22:14:50.

Naw that makes sense Kuegen NCU wipe kinda like i was thinking after reading other posts on other threads but like the old BS pets an all get wiped