Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - April 16th, 2010: ohai

Barron's Notes of the OP: [Null].
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    There's a head missing.

Ayyyyye
    Lol! <3

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Ohai!
    I miss the "Xatgunner-prevented-us-from-progressing-much-further" event listed there. There has been huuuuge speculations about how it affected development on various things.
    I think it goes without saying that any delays are obviously Xat's fault

Freakin bananas everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Other than that: cool heads, gogogogoooo Kintaiiii!
    Basically this
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Bah, sneaky Kintaii, popping up on a FwoM before I'm awake when usually I gotta wait until late afternoon local time.

Its all looking pretty good but I think some of the heads need a bit more refinement to bring 'em in line more with the originals.

I hate nitpicking and most of the heads are great but I think they made a mistake with these heads
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Heads are looking good, the hints of asian or african influence have largely disappeared. Still a bit hard to judge them fully, since they aren't being shown in their natural environment (the new engine).

It would be interesting to see some comments or blogs from the Bejing crew about how making these heads compares to making the assets in AoC or TSW (which are constructed rather differently).

I really, really like the Trox head in the first pic... s'the one my engineer has, and it looks great in that screengrab. Can't say I'm terribly impressed with the others, but I'm sure they'll come along nicely.
    Proud Leaders and Members of Obsidian Order: Our Recruitment Thread!
    Khaldore: 220/30 Advie // Khalculus: 220/27 Engi // Medsareus: 209/20 Doc // Khalicokat: 196/20 Shade
    Phearitself: 210/22 Enf // Politikhal: 200/24 Crat // Khavalier: 218/24 Keeper // Gridburst: 203/24 Fix
    Various other random alts.

Necromachina: In AnarchyOnline Engineers play you? Technogen: God, that explains so much more than I ever wanted to know.
    Snakebite: OH GOD! OH GOD! THERE'S SMOKE EVERYWHERE! HAS ANYONE SEEN THE OFFICE CAT???
    Anarrina: I think this issue has been sufficiently discussed. If you have any further questions, please contact life support or email.

Really like the new social armor =)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

The eyes need to be more round on some of those.

hm.... if we talking about "90/10 split"...

90% of all work should be done in time - and max 10% can have a delay - thats how every software company works.

at funcom, theres probably a "10/90 split" :-/

so max 10% of all annouced are in time :-/ even the LoX addon didnt came on the press announced day, neither all other things in past...

you should plan smaller steps to get proper timelines :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelfamilie View Post
    hm.... if we talking about "90/10 split"...

90% of all work should be done in time - and max 10% can have a delay - thats how every software company works.

at funcom, theres probably a "10/90 split" :-/

so max 10% of all annouced are in time :-/ even the LoX addon didnt came on the press announced day, neither all other things in past...

you should plan smaller steps to get proper timelines :-p
    Oh yes, definitely smaller steps indeed...as if the last few patches haven't been far enough apart as it is.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

A critique on the solitus with parted lips.

I hope the face in the middle is not the finished version of http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3273/88070586.jpg. The parted lips on the original look thoughtful and as if the character is about to speak. On this version, it looks worried and as if the character is mentally deficient. That mole is pretty gross, too.
    Last edited by Berinda; Apr 16th, 2010 at 17:34:59.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Nice pix!!

http://means.labrute.fr ZMG!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Ooo more shinies
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    A critique on the solitus with parted lips.

I hope the face in the middle is not the finished version of http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3273/88070586.jpg. The parted lips on the original look thoughtful and as if the character is about to speak. On this version, it looks worried and as if the character is mentally deficient. That mole is pretty gross, too.
    I believe it to be this one:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40629.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    You'll notice it's the same face, just with a different texture and hairstyle.

There may be 51 heads in AO, but there certainly isn't 51 faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Note please that the new heads have animations to them so the render port will not be true to in game results.

@Dagget the production cycle should be the same due to 1 same but evolved engine for all 3 titles and they are really just modeling in 3dmax then exporting them to AO's vector format. So they could if they chosed to just export these models into Ut3 or Crysis or any other game with a 3dmax inport system.

Also please note that the 1st wave of Doc's icon work is on testlive.

This seems to be limited to a few rings right now I'm not sure the full extent of the changes.
    Last edited by Technogen; Apr 16th, 2010 at 19:45:17.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

heads look awsome this time around. yes there are a couple (anyone can spot them) that seem weird or off, but seeing these has removed my fears of the sky falling.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    @Dagget the production cycle should be the same due to 1 same but evolved engine for all 3 titles and they are really just modeling in 3dmax then exporting them to AO's vector format. So they could if they chosed to just export these models into Ut3 or Crysis or any other game with a 3dmax inport system.
    What I mean is, the heads in AoC/TSW are a handful of basic ones that the players can mess with all they please with numerous sliders. In AO, they are creating the full, finished heads as they will be in-game. I'm interested in whether that gives the artists a stronger sense of ownership of the product they are designing.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    <size=4>Also please note that the 1st wave of Doc's icon work is on testlive.</size>

This seems to be limited to a few rings right now I'm not sure the full extent of the changes.
    Partial digested body parts no longer resemble mob parts, but are unique, by body part in appearance (and suitable disgusting)

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    What I mean is, the heads in AoC/TSW are a handful of basic ones that the players can mess with all they please with numerous sliders. In AO, they are creating the full, finished heads as they will be in-game. I'm interested in whether that gives the artists a stronger sense of ownership of the product they are designing.
    I've always assumed it was because every head you can pick at character creation is already out there on an npc somewhere ingame (maybe not all of them, but most), so they have to redo most of them anyway so the npc's don't change their appearance and confuzle everyone.

but on second thought, it could be that messing around with a soli too much can make it look trox, or opi, or nanomage (and same with other breeds being messed around with) and would would have to be restricted to just facial features and hair. shape and colour wouldn't be an option due to a soli looking like a nanomage, or a trox with a soli's head etc, and etc....

oh, and great job on the new heads, looking good.

edit please give some anti-depressants to the opifex female with the white hair in the first picture
    Last edited by Soultrader; Apr 16th, 2010 at 19:34:52.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast