Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The best reason why rage shouldn't be nerfed

The best reason why rage shouldn't be nerfed

Traders dominate pvp tl 1 to tl4. The best viable setup to counter them in an enf chaining rage. With the nerf of rage, traders will become even more oped at those tls. So please either address traders and completely rework their toolset or dont' lock rage.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

have only the top rages have a cooldown then. but i dont see that happening.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    Traders dominate pvp tl 1 to tl4. The best viable setup to counter them in an enf chaining rage. With the nerf of rage, traders will become even more oped at those tls. So please either address traders and completely rework their toolset or dont' lock rage.
    how about nerfing traders at low level instead ?

and at TL1/2/3, I m far from sure that raging enfo are the best counter to traders ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

It's being nerfed? Link plx.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    It's being nerfed? Link plx.
    rage is supposed to get a cooldown timer (clicky

but roots are getting a cooldown too... so ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I dont get his thread....

Do your guys even know what balance is?... it's way out of content about balance if you take 2 op professions and say they need to stay the same or they cant kill each other.. while the rest of the professions is left in the dust.

by balance we need to see major changes in this part of the game

tl3 traders def top profession. they can beat nr3 agents,and enforcers. So you guys expect the rebalance patch to fix every tl giving u all an equal chance at everything? Lmao, what are you smoking. Do you really think fc or even us individual players can forsee all the outcomes of the rebalance patch. This is what's going to happen, billions of credits invested in twinks are going to be useless. People going to find the next oped twink and roll it. FC's slow development cycle isn't going to help to make the quick nerfs. So ya the rebalance sounds great in theory, looks shoddy in practice. It's plain common sense.

Roots being nerfed isn't going to help one bit in countering the drains.
    rage chaining enforcers give u a shot at countering maybe one drain b4 your toon is oe and can't self a single nanos. Once u get drained u can't evac out of there and game over when facing a trader.

Just nerf tl1/tl2/tl3 traders. It's just silly how overpowered traders are at those levels. Nerfing them would give other profession twinks a chance at those title levels as well.

tl4 traders are also pretty strong. You be suprised how oped a lvl 109 trader is.

As long as drains won't be level locked - traders will be OPd. It doesnt matter if drain lasts 3 mins or 30 seconds, it still does, can be refreshed while target isnt available to do anything.

The only chance to rework this, as i see it - trader drains should be similar to AAO/AAD drains. If you drain AAO from target and pop AAD drain - it overwrites AAO one, and vice versa.
    Split trader drains into 2 categories - weapon skill drains and nanoskill drains. Alright, my enforcer won't be able to cast nanos, but weapons will still be 100%, then again, if weapons are 75% - then I'll still be able to cast my nanos. That will help people to either escape, or simply kill traders using barrow strength and other tools to remove roots.

Besides, nanite drains and all others are pretty OP as they are, while still have pretty low nanocost. I'm clearly sure trader drain nanos should have their nanocost increased greatly, so lowbie traders won't be able to spam those for long on multiple targets without losin all the nanopool.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Enfs need a new nano called Nerd Rage, only usable on forums after their nerf...

kthx
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

you do realise with the change in nano based perks and nanos since they wont take in calculation the AAO enfos wold have been to OP with rage? Since at 220 1200 NR buff it is verry OP.
    I vote for time lock on rage same with traders especialy artys idea about spliting them.

Good idea OP, nerf tl 1-4 traders.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    if you take 2 op professions and say they need to stay the same or they cant kill each other.. while the rest of the professions is left in the dust.
    that is the best low title PVP sum up ever made. that's 100% and sadly true : traders are the unlimited drainers, so FC gave enfoz too much AAO to counter, and made notum repulsor totally over the scale than needed for the same reason.

i strongly advice to get notum repulsor adjusted, trader drains capped but including AAO debuff, and then eventually check rage/AAO procs on enforcers along with those ...

we might endly get low title PVP diversity instead of only traders (and few enfos).

ps : again, dividing drain lines to weapon & nano sucks a lot ; wether you got 2x2 lines (blue & red for each) making a mess of 4 lines to deal with, wether you got 2 lines like now (e.g. blue for nano, red for weapon) but no laddering anymore (a little nano draining side = adds unequality to different professions facing the trader), newer twinks are strongly nerfed for reaching CL/weapon requirements compared to older, etc ... too many issues created, essence of trader specificity killed. don't do it !
    Last edited by bitnykk; Apr 22nd, 2010 at 18:12:18.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    As long as drains won't be level locked - traders will be OPd. It doesnt matter if drain lasts 3 mins or 30 seconds, it still does, can be refreshed while target isnt available to do anything.

The only chance to rework this, as i see it - trader drains should be similar to AAO/AAD drains. If you drain AAO from target and pop AAD drain - it overwrites AAO one, and vice versa.
    Split trader drains into 2 categories - weapon skill drains and nanoskill drains. Alright, my enforcer won't be able to cast nanos, but weapons will still be 100%, then again, if weapons are 75% - then I'll still be able to cast my nanos. That will help people to either escape, or simply kill traders using barrow strength and other tools to remove roots.

Besides, nanite drains and all others are pretty OP as they are, while still have pretty low nanocost. I'm clearly sure trader drain nanos should have their nanocost increased greatly, so lowbie traders won't be able to spam those for long on multiple targets without losin all the nanopool.
    will **** over my trader but w/e

give this
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    The cooldown will be shorter than the duration of rage. It the trader can drain you through rage odds are you're boned anyway...

Say no to level locks!

Personally I am completely opposed to any kind of level locks on items, because the original AO skill and twinking system is a part of AO that I greatly enjoy.

If you look at most other rpgs, there are usually are only 3 kinds of requirements to equip an item:
    1. A level requirement
    2. A race requirement
    3. A class requirement

If you see another player’s character of level X, race Y and class Z, that character is able to cast/use/equip everything every other XYZ character can. The only other requirement than XYZ is to acquire the item first. AO is different, here the requirement used to be reaching a certain skill. With twinking higher skill levels could be obtained on 1 character than on another character of the same level/breed/profession combination. 2 players both of XYZ could be using different nanos and wearing different items, because 1 of them was better at twinking (and not because of hand-me-downs) or because they focused on different skills. If nanos are level locked, reaching the nanoskill requirement at the level lock is trivial (or becomes trivial after an expansion or 2), making the only real requirement the level. Like in those other games.

If everything gets level locked, there will be a point where there is no twinking left to do.

If only a selection of the nanos get level locked, those professions who are held back the most by level locks will be left behind as those professions less affected by level locks can twink more. Those professions who are less affected by level locks will also gradually improve more as more stat inflation comes along, leaving the less fortunate professions even further behind (we’re already seeing this a bit).

If anything, I would love to see less level locks, not more.

For trader drains in specific, another big reason why I would rather see no level locks on them is because we would no longer need to ladder them. As soon as you reach the level lock, casting them will be trivial. I personally like the system of laddering: the longer the trader drains the more powerful he gets + the trader has to keep on draining to keep his best drains up.

Level locks are also not absolutely required to limit what drains traders can cast at what levels. Traders are able to cast their top drains way before other professions can cast their top nanos, not because of an absence of level locks, but because trader drains have nanoskill requirements that are much easier to reach than on the equivalent nanos of other professions.

As an example:
    • Uncontrollable Body Tremors
      • The top original AO doctor debuff
      • To use requirements:
        • Biological metamorphosis >= 862
        • Psychological modifications >= 862
      • 722 with OSB mochams
      • Solitus doctor nanoskills at level 200 (just ip):
        • Biological metamorphosis = 696
        • Psychological modifications = 659

• Plunder Skills (Advanced) (if you can cast Plunder, you can do Divest)
      • The top original AO trader drain
      • Nominal to use requirements:
        • Psychological modifications >= 853
        • Time and space >= 853
      • Real to use requirements:
        • 520 PM & TS (853 - 170 - 163)
        • 380 with OSB mochams (compare that with the 722 of UBT and you know why traders rock at low levels)
      • Solitus trader nanoskills at level 200 (just ip):
        • Psychological modifications = 659
        • Time and space = 659
        • Not much lower than that of a doctor.

My ideal would be that (for this example) traders and doctors can cast their top pre-SL debuffs at around the same level (and ideally they should also be roughly balanced when both are casting their top nanos). To do that ubt and the top drains would have to have roughly the same requirements: real to use requirements of 853 PM & TS for Plunder Skills (Advanced). In other words: nominal to use requirements of 1186 PM & TS for Plunder Skills (Advanced). This may look very high, but when taking the ladder into account it isn’t.

If the lower drains are then also scaled accordingly, there is one less obstacle in the way of a more balanced lowbie experience. All this without implementing level locks or inventing new game mechanics.

(I haven't mentioned the nanite drains because they diverge from the other drains and because I consider them to be a part of the gigantic mess that was created with SL and the other expansions after that.)
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

tbh, traders drain me typically one the 2nd shot and i have close to 2k nr with vile rage proc running. and then i try to run but their entrprenueral trail nano is game ovver.

If traders dominate lowbie PVP already, then what does it matter if they nerf rage or not? It won't change anything.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Traders can still be beaten (less so with OBs but still doable), and people like trying out other professions. If rage is nerfed it means Professions with roots and snares will actually have a reason to use them vs the mass of enforcers there are crats ONLY defense low level is their roots/snares in PvP really and even then once an enforcer is in range they would be killed rather quickly (1-10 seconds).

I'd personally rather have them lower the NCU cost that rage removed on nanos to a more reasonable level, than have it on a local cooldown.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast