Thread: Omni-Tek Affiliate Meetings - Location

Omni-Tek Affiliate Meetings - Location

Ahoy and good evening!

I'm coming to you tonight to propose a change in the way in which the Monthly Omni-Tek Affiliate Meetings are conducted.

Tonight's Focus will be on the location in which the meetings are held.

Currently the meetings are held in the Omni-1 Headquarters District at the Omni-Administration Building. While this makes a lot of sense, I don't feel that it is the best choice of locations for the following reasons:

a) Its a 25% Gas Zone. This opens every player who wishes to attend the OAM up to Player vs. Player engagement. This is a problem because not every player who wishes to attend the meeting is equipped to deal with a PvP engagement. Also, this threat of death does not loom over those who wish to attend the Council of Truth or Newland City Council meetings.

b) The location is cramped. The Omni-1 HQ District is a compact zone that is built up rather then out. While this is beneficial for providing a short walk from the Grid Access to the meeting room, it does reduce the amount of room available to gather prior to being allowed into the meeting.

c)The Location allows for few Meeting Day alterations. The OAM is a high risk event for Omni-Tek since the majority of the Planet's VIPs are all gathering in one room. This should be presented by a massive increase in security. This however cannot happen in Omni-1 HQ since it serves as the drop off point from Pandemonium. If players were to drop down into a nest of AF troopers and Unicorns there would be cries for blood.

What I am proposing is that the meeting be moved from the Omni-1 HQ Administration Building to the Omni-Mine HQ in Clon****.

Reasons why I think this is a good change:

a) It's a 75% Gas Zone. Clon**** is a much larger zone then Omni-1 HQ but it is tremendously safer for the average player. The city itself is devoid of monsters and the higher suppression gas level will prevent players from becoming the victim of unwanted player vs player conflict.

b) The playfield is significantly larger and more open then Omni-1 HQ. Previously players would gather at different spots before the meeting (Rompa Bar, Baboons, Omni-1 Trade, Org HQ, etc) and would need to zone several times to reach the meeting. Since Clon**** is so large and with such high suppression players will be able to gather outside the Omni-Mine HQ, at the Bronto Burger, Park, or any of the number of tables to socialize prior to the start of the meeting,

c) The location is highly alterable. Due to it's open size and no way to accidentally drop into the middle of it, it is a fantastic candidate for Meeting Day improvement. This could include adding additional Omni-AF Troopers, Slayer Droids, Mech Dogs and Unicorns to give that “High Security” feeling, as well as placing Omni-Tek Banners on the ground and placing parked ships outside the building to give that “The Directors have arrived” feel. Below you will find screen shots of the parking opportunities.

d) As far as I am aware the population in attendance of the OAM is currently quite low. This alone would be is an opportune time for such an alteration to the process to occur since it will impact a relatively small number of people.

e) Unless it has been changed, since it's been quite a long time since I've been allowed onto the playfield, the FP itself use to be called 'Omni-Mine HQ'. So what better reason then to restore the playfield to the building it was originally intended for?

This concludes my suggestion on how and why to change the OAM Meeting location.

Thank you for your time.

-Pants

Omni-Mine HQ
    Clon**** Rec Facilities
    Close-Up, Omni-Mine HQ Building
    Ample Space to Gather and Decorate
    Ample Parking for all of Rubi-Ka's biggest VIPs
    Last edited by Trousers; Apr 25th, 2010 at 00:45:39.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

After a brief conversation I am retooling my previous proposal to suggest a change from Omni-1 HQ to Rome Green.

Most of the reasons are the same as for Clon**** with a few exceptions -

Reasons why I think this is a good change:
    a) It's a 75% Gas Zone. The city itself is devoid of monsters and the higher suppression gas level will prevent players from becoming the victim of unwanted player vs player conflict.

b) The playfield is significantly more accessible to new or low level players. Currently all Omnis start in and tend to congregate around Rome Blue due to the Spawning Location, Subway, Mission Agency, etc. The travel from Rome Blue to Rome Green is Shorter, more straight forward and safer than the journey to Omni-1 HQ.

c) The location is highly alterable. Due to its open size and no way to accidentally drop into the middle of it, it is a fantastic candidate for Meeting Day improvement. This could include adding additional Omni-AF Troopers, Slayer Droids, Mech Dogs and Unicorns to give that “High Security” feeling, as well as placing Omni-Tek Banners on the ground and placing parked ships outside the building to give that “The Directors have arrived” feel. Below you will find screen shots of the parking opportunities.

Below you will find screen shots of Rome Green, including how a Unicorn Dropship could be deployed for when the CEO arrives.

-T

Rome Green District

Omni-Administration Building

Rome Green Plaza

Plaza with Unicorn Lander
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||