Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Breed balance via Nano/Heal Delta

Actually I know quite a few opi docs, though that doesn't really matter. The reason I didn't use them as example is that they'd be in the middleground on the delta changes. The effects of delta changes between opi and trox or nanomage wouldn't be as extreme as trox to nanomage, as intented.

Of course there are preferred breeds. I didn't say there aren't now, did I? However many professions had more then one prefered breed at some point. Doctor, the profession I focusing on is one such profession where both soli and nanomage are the prefered breed.
    There is the option of doing the trox and opi doc though, and you get a bunch of disadvantages but you're not being the cookie cutter build and you can do some other weird stuff that the cookie cutter builds cannot do.. this is even more true with the upcoming breed perk changes.
    Contrary to what you think, even with most using the preferred breeds there is diversity by the simple fact that not all pick that one and take some more or less small disadvantages. With new breed perks there are even more options for different builts.

Those perks will add breed differences and will hopefully produce more diversity. Give it a chance before wanting a cookie-cutter best of all possible breeds for the different professions again.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Keep in mind that healdelta/nanodelta changes will have to be taken into consideration for every profs nanos and gear, or it just won't be possible to balance it out.
    This means either:
    a) Go on with the balancing efforts, ignoring the severely broken hd/nd mechanic, eventually find out hd/nd needs fixing, fix it somehow, then rebalance everything again. (nanocost, healing)
    b) Realize it's broken now, fix it somehow, rebalance stuff.
    c) Forever ignore the severely broken hd/nd mechanic

I would go for B.
    Last edited by Demoder; Aug 14th, 2010 at 15:20:04.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    That's bull ... there are alot of other things the breeds will offer in perks to make up for whatever diversity is offered in ND/HD.

But i see your point. I want implications for being an atrox breed on a ND/nanopool/casting dependant profession, but without the 'averageness' of the proposed nd/hd changes for solitus/opifex. I would revoke any comment on the subject due to the balancing not being completed by a long shot. Deltas do need looked at but, but if profs are already getting changes like big nanocost reqs (MA recently) then i can see its pointless to suggest anything right now.

And ^^ i would go for option d) go forth with rebalancing taking into account ND/HD changes that have been thought about but not revealed to the community
    Last edited by Dreamer; Aug 14th, 2010 at 21:01:48.

I highly agree about the fixing part making delta actually work to at least some degree at pre 2s stages of the game. I just don't agree the ratios should be screwed around with in such a heavy degree as some suggestions in this thread before the breed perks are finalized or as you suggested be designed with breed perks in mind as well.

Giving one profession superior nano regain abilities and the superior casters breed perks will result in everyone doing that profession, while other casters that happen to have rolled the new poor choice will get nerfed nanodelta and useless perks to casters. I admit... I personally will be glad for each less atrox I see in the game, but FCs goal of the rebalance really shouldn't be to F* off a bunch of people for their breed choice at a time it didn't matter. That'll only earn us more leaving players.

Last but not least... I apologize for hijacking your thread like this Demoder. As I said, contrary to my reservations about changing it too soon or heavily, I think you are right in the fixing of the delta systems. Making it useful earlier and adding in some breed differences in line with the breed perks.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

You're forgetting about the 1 time breed change that has been mentioned by FC. Nobody is going to be screwed due to their past decisions, they'll be given an out.
    Waiting for a cure.

**** that.... if u think that everyone should use the breed change to create some cookie cut setup ur a moron....
    one of the whole points of playing AO is that u got choices and now some of u idiots wants to nerf those choices cause u dont think it feels right that every breed has the chance of being every profession,..... seriously stop whining already
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Moonbolt: Please reread my posts before you flame my thread again, thank you.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

was a reply to Mostadios comment about the one time breed change...
    like everydoc or trader or crat or w/e should be forced to be nanomage to work even remotely in AO would kill the diversity we have with the breeds.
    but i guess u took something aimed for someone else personally.. it happens.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Except, moron, is hardly a viable way to call someone when making a point.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345