Thread: piercing perkline for enforcers- not happening?

piercing perkline for enforcers- not happening?

hi, i read a long time ago about enforcers getting perklines, then meaties told me it isnt happening. can anyone clarify for me about whether enforcers will get piercing? i would find it convenient and would have cool new weapons to try out, but if not no big deal. thanx

i think since enforcers have already perklines to a lot of weapon lines, and melee weapon nanos for all mellee weapons(including peircing), theres no reason to add a piercing perkline.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

ZOMGZ he is back!

About piercing line, with enfs AR a full PM line would be ridiculously overpowered but PM line locked to PM6 (lvl 160) could be interesting. On the other hand my tl5 enf does use piercing weapon and 1hb (you can see his setup im my signature). He already has very very good alpha attack. With combined 1hb and PM alpha he would simply destroy everything that is perkable.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

oh ffs, just put up with 1he/1hb/2hb/2he/me being viable.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    ZOMGZ he is back!

About piercing line, with enfs AR a full PM line would be ridiculously overpowered but PM line locked to PM6 (lvl 160) could be interesting. On the other hand my tl5 enf does use piercing weapon and 1hb (you can see his setup im my signature). He already has very very good alpha attack. With combined 1hb and PM alpha he would simply destroy everything that is perkable.
    what perks does piercing line have? would it be too overpowered? i really just wanted a bit more attack rating because, and for easier putting on medi blade.
    if its too pwoerful we can always lock out 1hb with piercing.

does anyone know what the dev team actually stands on this matter?
    Last edited by thecheeseman; May 6th, 2010 at 08:10:38.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

PM perks are pretty gimpy till lvl 190 yet they are better than normal perks because with similar dmg their recharge is only 30s.

IMHO PM perk line for enfs would be wrong but enfs should have piercing and melee energy in their research. There is 0 piercing points from research and 175 points of 1he/1hb. Same goes with melee energy. Thats wrong for sure as enfs have piercing and melee energy buff lines but lack of research (and perks) make those weapon lines almost useless, especially at lower lvls.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    what perks does piercing line have? would it be too overpowered? i really just wanted a bit more attack rating because, and for easier putting on medi blade.
    if its too pwoerful we can always lock out 1hb with piercing.

does anyone know what the dev team actually stands on this matter?
    yeah it would be overpowered, i have a shade and i've seen the damage those perks can do and giving those to an enforcer on top of what they have currently would be madness, you would likely have the last 2 perks of the line capping on most profs, slap a 30sec recharge on that, combine it with SA FA brawl dimach + enf stuns/other perks, and yeah thats too much. especially with the def checks on 1hb line
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

It doesn't have to be the exact copy and paste of the current PM line.

It is too early to say whether enforcer's will get any new perk line for anything.

Enforcer's have buffs that buff all melee weapon skills, so judging by that alone Enforcer's should be one of those professions that should have the option of using every melee weapon, not at once though.

The problem lately with professionals and feedback is that the devs have been busy with the latest patch so not much is being discussed. However, that still doesn't stop anyone from suggesting a good idea to their representative or posting it in the correct profession forum to be discussed.
    Last edited by MachSchau; May 9th, 2010 at 18:39:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    yeah it would be overpowered, i have a shade and i've seen the damage those perks can do and giving those to an enforcer on top of what they have currently would be madness, you would likely have the last 2 perks of the line capping on most profs, slap a 30sec recharge on that, combine it with SA FA brawl dimach + enf stuns/other perks, and yeah thats too much. especially with the def checks on 1hb line
    Ya, but 1hb perks are getting a nerf, (thank god, er, means)

But that definitly doesn't merit enfs getting PM. The perk alpha could be attempted twice in the duration of one challenger buff. yikes (!)

WTB a less OP piercing line for Enfos (more AR rather than more alpha ability) and a perk line for ME.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Absolutely no way enfs are getting access to piercing mastery, lol.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Ya, but 1hb perks are getting a nerf, (thank god, er, means)

But that definitly doesn't merit enfs getting PM. The perk alpha could be attempted twice in the duration of one challenger buff. yikes (!)
    ahhh, didnt have a very close look at the enf 1hb lines, well even without those perks, having access to the pm line would be waaaaay over the top, maybe add some additional peircing to an already exsisting line maybe? or make a new enforcer based line that buffs piercing but dosnt give the crazy ass perks
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Absolutely no way enfs are getting access to piercing mastery, lol.
    Hello. I would like to Hecatomb people on my ranged advy. Are you cool with that?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    ZOMGZ he is back!

Enforcers could have their own piercing perkline with less powerfull perks for the sake of diversity. Of course enfos with PM line would be ridiculously OPed.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Quote Originally Posted by Szyylin View Post
    Enforcers could have their own piercing perkline with less powerfull perks for the sake of diversity. Of course enfos with PM line would be ridiculously OPed.
    You said what I was going to say.