Thread: does faction have an effect on daily rewards?

does faction have an effect on daily rewards?

So my trader bit 200 the other day. I still had 2 dailies to hand in (and a doja ). So I ran to p7 and killed a heckler to trigger the entering shadowlevel boxes. I go to hand in my mission and I received 50ish sk ... . I thought maybe it glitched so I handed in the other one hoping it would correct itsself. But the same thing happened. Same with the doja. This tiny amount of sk can't be right. Anyone know what the issue is?

At 200, you get 16k SK for a daily... modified by (faction/50 000)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

yu just need more faction, sk amount is decided by faction. 50k faction yu get max sk on kills/rewards so 0 faction 0 sk:P

Necro! Just FYI and for others who are interested, there's a substantial dropoff in daily rewards from 199 to 200(as you can see in this post: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ission+rewards).

Even if you have max relevant faction for your side(or lack of) of 50k, the daily reward of 16k of SK at 200 is a lot less than the daily reward at level 199, 22018170 xp(or roughly translated to SK, 22k SK). If your faction is a lot less than 50k, that makes it even worse.

So, if you're looking to park at 200, maximize your xp gaining efficiency by parking momentarily at 199, doing dailies then till all level 9s researches are full, then ding 200, then do level 10s.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Even if you have max relevant faction for your side(or lack of) of 50k, the daily reward of 16k of SK at 200 is a lot less than the daily reward at level 199, 22018170 xp(or roughly translated to SK, 22k SK). If your faction is a lot less than 50k, that makes it even worse.
    This is because mission or quest rewards are capped so you will not gain more than 20% of the XP/SK you need to get to next level. 16K SK is 20% of the 80000SK you need for level 201.

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    This is because mission or quest rewards are capped so you will not gain more than 20% of the XP/SK you need to get to next level. 16K SK is 20% of the 80000SK you need for level 201.
    I think this is purely coincidental that 16k SK is 20% of the 80k SK you need to level to 201.

Daily mission rewards are NOT capped to 20% of the XP/SK you need to get to next level as you stated, as is obvious from daily mission rewards with levels <100 where the daily mission rewards are the equivalent of whatever XP you need to get to next level. Even after 100, the daily mish rewards are wayy above 20%, with all the levels <200 returning at least 30% on daily mish completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    you gain 30% of a level with a daily at 199, you gain 20% of a level at 200.

19% at 201
    18% at 202

etc etc until 215 to 220 where you gain 5%

and beware : Faction "reduction" is applied before research cap.

so ... if you do a research 1 at 220 and kill a mob giving 500 SK, you ll still not have a capped research hit if yo udont have 50k faction ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

with regards to the faction "reduction" before research cap, I'm not certain it does based on my limited testing. See my post here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...85&postcount=5

Would like to see someone either corroborate or disprove my results with their own.

FYI, did some more testing on research cap vs faction here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho....php?p=6038366

Just to clarify, in case anyone may be confused ... the faction that is used in the sk calculation is not your 'side' faction, it is your guardian faction from killing hecklers, LotV, etc.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious ...

Colrain

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    Just to clarify, in case anyone may be confused ... the faction that is used in the sk calculation is not your 'side' faction, it is your guardian faction from killing hecklers, LotV, etc.
    True for neuts as this is the faction they use. For sided toons I'm pretty sure it's Redeemed/Unredeemed.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    True for neuts as this is the faction they use. For sided toons I'm pretty sure it's Redeemed/Unredeemed.
    Yes thats correct, its Guardian faction for neuts. For sided toons, its Redeemed faction for clan, and Unredeemed faction for omni.

No, I think it is Guardian Faction for everyone ....

The SK formula looks to Guardian faction to translate 'XP' into SK ... it does not check your side and apply redeemed/unredeemed.

Why else would I see all sides at LotV parties?

Colrain

No, I think it is Guardian Faction for everyone ....

The SK formula looks to Guardian faction to translate 'XP' into SK ... it does not check your side and apply redeemed/unredeemed.

Why else would I see all sides at LotV parties?

Colrain
    The SK formula calculation is based on Redeemed for Clan, Unredeemed for Omni and Guardian for Neutrals and has been that way for as long as I've played. I have toons in all 3 factions.. that's how they all work.

People do LoTV farming for 1 of 4 reasons:
    - Neutrals: To get Guardian faction needed for their sk calculation
    - Non-neutrals: To get Guardian faction needed to get into each SL zone (30k requirement for Pande)
    - Everyone: To farm high QL (up to ql 300) rings and such.. same type of gear that drops from catacomb bosses but LoTV repops fast so its more effecient to go there usually and just spawn camp him.
    - Docs and whatever other professions can solo it: For oldschool bragging rights (maybe?) but doubt they are actually 'farming' it, lol.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Feb 10th, 2012 at 01:14:21.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

What jill said...

Well I guess it is obvious that I only play neutral toons ... assuming you all are correct.

I could swear I have been in 'mixed' teams at LotV where sided toons joined because they wanted their guardian faction above 49k ... but maybe they were all neutrals or maybe not all sided toons know what you all know ...

Colrain
    Last edited by Colrain; Feb 11th, 2012 at 19:48:35.

Well I guess it is obvious that I only play neutral toons ... assuming you all are correct.

I could swear I have been in 'mixed' teams at LotV where sided toons joined because they wanted their guardian faction above 49k ... but maybe they were all neutrals or maybe not all sided toons know what you all know ...

Colrain
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are people that do not know. The AO official manual is lacking in many ways and bad information often gets passed from one person to another. The veteran population is constantly shrinking (or playing amongst themselves) and therefore not passing the good information to the 'next generation' of AO players. This is a problem seen in many areas of the game.. which is why newer people struggle harder now than we did when we were newbies.

I just checked AO Universe and at first glance I didn't even see a guide there and that's one of the more comprehensive AO information sources around.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Feb 11th, 2012 at 20:46:44.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata