Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

From extraction daily:

Fletcher Rhees: Thank you for your help! I have kids you know. My husband is travelling with them as we speak. The agency got a new home in Terra for us. Well... I hope I won't ever need your services again... Bye!

Not sure how far is it with gay marriages in AO but I'll drop it here anyway :P
    Vetus
    Mikrometa

from the daily mission in which you have to deliver a dot:

past week each time i delivered the dot to

Xenobiologist Grimes
    Level: 125

i did not get any reward. mission stayed in mission window, dot got removed and also i had no more item to give to the npc. but i did not get any reward. did this quest on five different characters divided on three different accounts, but no succes.
    Also petitioned it, got the item to give. still no reward. did that four times and received the opportunity to fetch a new daily.. which i got was the same daily, and same problem..

Heh, got the same problem with "Experimental Software" mission just now. I did it about 3 times before and all was fine and dandy, but this time I didn't received any reward, DoT is gone, analyzer is gone, but the mission is still running. Waiting for my petition to be answered right now :/
    Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. --George Bernard Shaw

Funcom employee

Confirming that there is a 50% random chance of Experimental Software to fail.
    Very sorry for the inconvenience!
    Will be fixed in the next patch.

Linde
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

At lvl 200 at least on the Clan "Shop Lifter" mission I find the second and third item are pretty much always to always health first-aid stims. Could be randomized a bit better.

Right, playing my lowbie omni (level 24) non-twinked char, I pulled some daily's. Here's the feedback from those.

Infestation Mutant Domain:
    The eremites are too hard for their level. They're too fast, and hit too hard. It's impossible for even a ranged char to kill the eremites before they get out of range, and also impossible to keep up with them while running. Getting direct aggro (attack - stop - re-attack) stops the mob from running, but will very likely kill any non-twink attempting the mission due to the large damage output of the eremites. Also the Mutant Domain zone contains a rather large number of rollerrats and spiders who aggro on sight, making it hard to navigate trough the zone without pulling a gazillion adds on yourself, resulting in death.

Spying (not sure the exact name):
    Requires to travel to a dungeon in The Longest road. While this is generally not much of an issue, there are a few clan humanoid mobs right outside the gates of the mining outpost (foremans) of level 60 or so (didn't check exact, too busy running for my life). These mobs aggro on sight and are capable of killing a lowbie in a few hits.

Mobs on most missions I pulled were around my level, but I hope lower level chars (10-15ish) get lower level missions, as completing these with the current mobs would be impossible for them.

Though, I must say I like these low level ones, they give fairly new players a sense of being important to the cause. There's threats, and your taking care of them. The spying one is a small, but nicely designed dungeon with great use of game mechanics available. Everything was well explained and pretty noob-proof.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    At lvl 200 at least on the Clan "Shop Lifter" mission I find the second and third item are pretty much always to always health first-aid stims. Could be randomized a bit better.
    I wish, I always get battle prepaird nano rechargers or portable treatment clinics. Nice high ql stims would be nice.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I wish, I always get battle prepaird nano rechargers or portable treatment clinics. Nice high ql stims would be nice.
    Which is why I indicated the level. Perhaps what you regularly get depends on the char lvl like when I kept getting portable surgery clinics for all three at a higher lvl on the one char. Although in general a bit more randomization as to what you get would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    Also the Mutant Domain zone contains a rather large number of rollerrats and spiders who aggro on sight, making it hard to navigate trough the zone without pulling a gazillion adds on yourself, resulting in death.
    There is a newish whompa exit right near the eremite mission.

The other end is in Omni Ent in the whompa cluster that also has Rome and Trade.

It is labeled "Mutant Domain".

There are usually no mobs around it nor in-between that whompa and the short trip to the eremite mission area.

Quote Originally Posted by MartekO View Post
    There is a newish whompa exit right near the eremite mission.

The other end is in Omni Ent in the whompa cluster that also has Rome and Trade.

It is labeled "Mutant Domain".

There are usually no mobs around it nor in-between that whompa and the short trip to the eremite mission area.
    I found that out as well, after completing the mission for the second time. Looks like I'll need a new map.

A Contingent Spy - Death By Box!

I have tried this mission thrice now, and am glad for the chance to redo it from the start if I should die unluckily, but I think the Safe Place To Hide nano may not be working correctly.

The first death was because an Omni-Med Surgeon critted me for 904 points of damage - ouch. The 2nd and 3rd times were because I was spotted in my box, even though the "safe" nano was still in my NCU (you can see it in my NCU window).

I know that if you pass through a safe place then move away it takes a few seconds for the NCU to clear, but I had been boxed and these dudes had been talking for a few minutes when I was spotted and killed. Screeny.

A fun mission for sure, and I have successfully completed in on other toons in previous patches. Just wanted to make you aware that I'm having trouble tonight.

Best,
    Gora

edit: I found a spot as far away from the other crates as possible and successfully completed the mission. I guess it's a problem when my box touches their box. Selfish Ommers....
    Last edited by Gora; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 10:06:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    I guess it's a problem when my box touches their box. Selfish Ommers....
    That sounds wrong on so many levels.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Would funcom just make the Extraction NPC passive aggro? (Aggro only after is attacked, like Leet)

it keep breaking my calm, and if the mob AI got bugged and it run away, the NPC will be bugged and wont move anymore.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Eremite Mission for lowbies

Infestation Mutant Domain:
    The eremites are too hard for their level. They're too fast, and hit too hard. It's impossible for even a ranged char to kill the eremites before they get out of range, and also impossible to keep up with them while running.
    My level 24 frooby gimp Adventurer was able to complete this mission with minor problems. The key to catching the eremites is that you may have to chase quite a few until you get the ones that run into and get cornered by either the river or the cliff faces. I think it was about every fourth or fifth one. Once cornered they stop and fight. I admit I did have to make full use of the Addy's limited healing, but nothing twinked, we are talking store bought 30-40 level imps, starter pistols etc.

Getting there can be problematic. One of my best noob experiences was taking several hours one evening trying to sneak safely around various 'higher than you' mobs out in that desert while trying to reach a mission that was going to provide this baby froob enforcer with a Parry Stick that seemed uber compared to the starting weapon. It was very immersive, and I remember how bright the stars were, just like they are when you are away from city lights.
    Last edited by babaoroody; Sep 9th, 2010 at 02:55:14.
    Babaoroody
    - TL5 Clan Enforcer/Atrox - Rimor (RK2)
    Babacratus - TL3 nano Crat
    Babaente - TL3 nano NT
    Tireen - TL3 solitus TRD
    Babaengy - TL4 Engy
    Babaemphee - TL4 MP
    You should read my Blog here.

i've had one tonight on the "rats!" mission (instanced alien city playfield) : all was going well when suddently the ratkiller machine didn't kill rats passing under itself anymore ... i could be wrong but i don't think timer was out as the machine was still there, and the mission still in its window.

i also had a comportemental glitch where some rats (not all of my train) would turn back & run away very fast nearby the machine (barely toward the direction i trained them from) like if they were aggro bugged & resetting, while nothing was preventing them to see me.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Sep 8th, 2010 at 00:05:09.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by babaoroody View Post
    My level 24 frooby gimp Adventurer was able to complete this mission with minor problems. The key to catching the eremites is that you may have to chase quite a few until you get the ones that run into and get cornered by either the river or the cliff faces. I think it was about every fourth or fifth one. Once cornered they stop and fight. I admit I did have to make full use of the Addy's limited healing, but nothing twinked, we are talking store bought 30-40 level imps, starter pistols etc.

Getting there can be problematic. One of my best noob experiences was taking several hours one evening trying to sneak safely around various 'higher than you' mobs out in that desert while trying to reach a mission that was going to provide this baby froob enforcer with a Parry Stick that seemed uber compared to the starting weapon. It was very immersive, and I remember how bright the stars were, just like they are when you are away from city lights.
    Good points.. but

1. When chasing eremites around, moving out of the vicinity of the ruins will get you in range of a dozen rollerrats and a few bloodcreepers.
    2. My soldier, for one, doesn't have the heals your adventurer has, and TMS 1 won't help all that much.

For certain professions and equips this might indeed be a challenging but possible mission. Considering the added whompahs that help with traveling (I hope clanners can't pull this mission). For other professions though, I keep the opinion that runspeed and damage of eremites needs to be slightly toned down.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Confirming that there is a 50% random chance of Experimental Software to fail.
    Very sorry for the inconvenience!
    Will be fixed in the next patch.

Linde
    ok, nvmd...been burned 3 times so far.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

(I hope clanners can't pull this mission).
    Clanners get this mission in south west Aegean, near the Rhinoman Village. Talk about trying to stay near the mission coords....

/on-topic

Mission "Like fine wine" given by Dante Karall, the local bartender at Neuters r Us.

Mission markers are way off. Instead of showing to ToTw it points north of Golem Island, in DAV.

Mission does not update upon acquiring the mission item (Fine Berry Wine).
    Last edited by Shareida; Sep 14th, 2010 at 22:31:30.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Mission "Like fine wine" given by Dante Karall, the local bartender at Neuters r Us.

Mission markers are way off. Instead of showing to ToTw it points north of Golem Island, in DAV.

Mission does not update upon acquiring the mission item (Fine Berry Wine).
    Actually that's not a daily mission. A good ways back they added various NPCs that when you talk to them send you to do tasks in the dungeons of RK, that's one of them.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast