Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

I don't know, I just walk to the stack of crates near the one wall, sit down and use the box disguise as soon as it says "this is a good place to hide" and I've never had issues.

I've had the quest on way lower level characters and not been spotted, perhaps the scaling of the persons perspective (as this was originally a lowbie only quest) is off and can bypass whatever mechanic hides you in the box?
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    Did you not read my post at all? I've done that 20 times. The issue is not getting into the box, it's being detected once I'm in the box. The stupid surgeon bumps into it or something.

And Siyra, you must know the perfect spot, because this is a constant issue with me. My point is there shouldn't be a perfect spot, anywhere where the nano "safe place to hide" pops SHOULD be a safe place to get into the box and not be detected.

Sadly, that isn't a case with my last 20 missions there. The chance of being detected > the chance of me completing mission. I must have a fat ass that pokes out.
    You did not state even once that you actually sat down.
    Since the quest info tells you specifically to sit down, it's kind of important to make sure you actually do sit down.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 30th, 2010 at 17:28:06.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Since the quest info tells you specifically to sit down, it's kind of important to make sure you actually do sit down.
    I had this quest once - I sat down in the proper place, used the disguise and was spotted by the two level 100 npc's.

I went back, cleared the mission again, sat down again, used the disguise and was not spotted.

I did one thing different, the second time - I didn't target the NPC's

I have no idea if that fact is relevant, or not.

Re: Terminate the Alien Cocoons.

It would appear that if you wait for an extended period of time to complete this mission, the "Cocoon Gun" will disappear from your inventory. You can not buy a new one (From the items shop) as the game reports "you already have this unique item".

I'm pulling "A Contingent Spy" mission at level 127. The last part, the box, is very very very very frustrating.
    Different things seem to set them off. For instance if your pet happens to go OE, they'll spot you. Perhaps you had a hostile aura running or something like that.

Really? It isn't completely obvious? You can't even get into the box without sitting down first. It won't let you. I said numerous times, I WAS IN THE BOX.

Your help is like telling a noob, "You have to shoot your gun at him" when a newbie asks, "How do I kill Abmouth?"

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Different things seem to set them off. For instance if your pet happens to go OE, they'll spot you. Perhaps you had a hostile aura running or something like that.
    I've waited for all hostile nanos to expire and I purposely terminated all my friendly nanos (except safe place to hide). Doesn't seem to matter.
    Last edited by protozo; Dec 1st, 2010 at 05:43:03.

Really? It isn't completely obvious? You can't even get into the box without sitting down first. It won't let you. I said numerous times, I WAS IN THE BOX.

Your help is like telling a noob, "You have to shoot your gun at him" when a newbie asks, "How do I kill Abmouth?"
    I am sorry I tried to help you with your problem. I assure you, it will not happen again after this post.

I will give you one last tip: You've been very hostile in every post. If you reduce your hostility, it might encourage people to bother helpig you, or even spend more time when they do.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 1st, 2010 at 02:52:20.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I am sorry I tried to help you with your problem. I assure you, it will not happen again after this post.
    Thank heavens.

And this is a bug thread. I am not looking for help. I am reporting a bug.

When information is vague and unhelpful, first principles state you should try to extract more information and provide basic checks first.

Its exactly why you have to check the FAQ after you file a petition, not because they think youre stupid, but because it might be something simple or known that youve missed.

Its why theres also a world of difference between "i was in the box" and "i followed the instructions, went to the box and sat down inside it".

Also, sometimes things arent "bugs" theyre "noobness", and once you eliminate noobness (ie player error) whatever remains might well be a bug.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Its why theres also a world of difference between "i was in the box" and "i followed the instructions, went to the box and sat down inside it"..
    There is absolutely NO difference. My post was meant for those that are actually familiar with the mission. Those that are familiar know perfectly well you cannot stand and enter the box. It's impossible. You can't even get in the box without "a safe place to hide" running. There's a huge message that pops up saying you cannot run the box nano without sitting. It's so obvious, why even mention it?

Assuming everyone is a noob and treating them as such is not helpful. I've done this mission a lot. I've researched this mission a lot to find answers. My questions in my OP were rhetorical. I'm reporting a bug, not looking for help. I thought the title of the thread kind of gave that away.

It's so obvious, why even mention it?
    Because thats how helpful and useful bug reports work, you mention everything you did and tried, in clear and simple steps.

The thing is, and I know this from experience, when you create something you know how it works when used correctly. Once other people get hold of it, you need to be told what was done to make it "not work", that way you can try and recreate it the issue and hopefully fix it.

Demoder was offering a tip because he completed the mission successfully.

Just saying "its impossible" and "nothing works" and "its bugged" isnt helpful or useful at finding anything wrong.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Funcom employee

I'm pulling "A Contingent Spy" mission at level 127. The last part, the box, is very very very very frustrating. I find the good place to hide, run the box nano, and lay perfectly still. I don't even move my camera angle! I put my keyboard down, praying the woman surgeon doesn't open fire. Without fail, she open fires every time. I'm like wtf, I didn't even move! I hear placement of the box works, but I gotta say, sometime that works, sometimes it doesn't.

If she even touches the box, well you gotta start the whole thing over because she just detected you. Ok, I'll start over and move the box a little closer to the other boxes. Nope, no good, detected again. Ok, I'll touch the boxes with my box. Nope, no good, detected again. Ok I'll place a bit away from the other boxes. Nope, no good, detected again. Ok I'll place it in this random spot. Nope, no good detected again. Ok I'll place it a little further away from the other boxes. SUCCESS. I don't have to restart the mission! Woohoo! WTF, didn't I already place it away from the other boxes the first time?

The next day comes around, I pull "A Contingent Spy" mission. I place the box in the EXACT same spot as the previous day (away from the other boxes) when I had success. Nope, detected again. DAGNABBIT, WHERE DO YOU HAVE TO PLACE THIS BLASTED THING?

This is really frustrating. Maybe you can change her walking bath to the other part of the room. I'm laying still, this shouldn't be happening.
    I'm unable to reproduce the reported bug in A contingent Spy.
    Turning or selecting the NPCs during the scripted event will not make them aggro you.
    Standing up and moving away from the area will make them aggro you.

Can you verify you have the nano called "A good place to hide" in your NCU the whole time during the scripted event?

Please let me know which profession(s) you play when this occurs.

Lindelu
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Standing up and moving away from the area will make them aggro you.

Can you verify you have the nano called "A good place to hide" in your NCU the whole time during the scripted event?

Please let me know which profession(s) you play when this occurs.
    (For the record, I have completed this mission successfully many times. I have also randomly failed many times.)

Thank you for the reply. I lay perfectly still, so the issue isn't with moving (ie, the nano terminating when moving). I don't even move my mouse. I've noticed the female surgeon possibly bumping into the box if you place it too far to the desk.

I haven't noticed if "A good place to hide" nano was actually running when she attacks or not. That's a good idea to check for. I will have to watch for that closer next time. Is it possible the nano "A good place to hide" is on a time limit, and simply runs out before the conservation between the NPCs ends, ensuing the attack?

If for some reason the nano "A good place to hide" stops running BEFORE you can sit and plop down the box (for instance, you move out of range and the nano ceases), running out of the room and back in and over to the boxes seems the easiest way to get to reactivate the nano "A good place to hide". Before some of the failures, I've run out of the C room and back in a few times, trying to get the nano "A good place to hide" to reactivate so I can plop the box down. I then maneuver the appropriate spot, sit, and enter the box. Maybe running out and back in lessens the nano timer of "A good place to hide", cutting it short?

I've had success many times with my Atrox soldier and no failures. I've had many failures with my solitus doctor. I've had mixed results with my opifex fixer. Level is around 126.

Thanks for looking into it.
    Last edited by protozo; Dec 1st, 2010 at 14:34:16.

One thing I heard a while back regarding "A contingent Spy" is someone had Essence of Behemoth active and was spotted. When they did it again and removed that nano first they had no problem. Maybe there's some issue with scale modification items/nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleincour View Post
    To many posts to read through to check if this has been posted already.

My soldier can not pull AI and regular daily mission at the same time. Pulling one after the first is completed doesn't work either. It works on my other characters so it's bugging me that thos one can't.

No idea whats causing this. Only thing I can think of is that the full perk reset mission is running on him but I dont think thats the cause of this.
    I solved this. It was an error on my side. There was a daily mish running since back a few months which I hadn't completed.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

I've had success many times with my Atrox soldier and no failures. I've had many failures with my solitus doctor. I've had mixed results with my opifex fixer. Level is around 126.
    one thing Id like to know about these characters, if its any importance to the issue, is How tall are they, how fat are they or how small are they or are they skinny? id love to know so I could try my best to replicate this if lindelu hasnt yet also would be nice to know the exact location you are when it finds you, I know when a person is attacked it is least on their mind, but try to open another chat window before you go into there just for system messages and if it attacks you QUICKLY press Shift F9 to get the Coords where your sitting, so that way you can post it to here to help better service the devs and Bug hunters.
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I can confirm "A good place to hide" nano was indeed running when I was stationary and detected in "A Contingent Spy" mission. (The timer is 30 minutes, so the time running out I guess isn't the problem.)

I did notice I still had the nano "Nice and Clean" running at this time. This is the nano that appears after you are cleaned of nanobots. It seems right as it ran out (it's like a 30 second timer), I was opened fired upon. Perhaps "Nice and Clean" conflicts with "A good place to hide". I'm usually pretty fast to enter the room and plop the box down. I'll test it further. Just my latest theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    try to open another chat window before you go into there just for system messages and if it attacks you QUICKLY press Shift F9 to get the Coords where your sitting, so that way you can post it to here to help better service the devs and Bug hunters.
    I don't think it's a problem with the person size or the location of the box (just my opinion, it could be possible). I've literally have tried every single possible location. I've had success one day with a location and failure the next.

If you're up to testing it, maybe try to sit and activate the box while the "Nice and Clean" nano is running with at least 20 seconds left on it.

I will try to get my coords next time. Another thing I noticed was the words "Hide Place" that popped up over my head right before I was attacked. It looked like green, like those numbers that pop over a mobs head as you're fighting them. Maybe "Nice and Clean" nano terminating retriggers the nano "A good place to hide", and in that moment, she opens fire? I'll see if I can reproduce it.
    Last edited by protozo; Dec 2nd, 2010 at 12:38:23.

Here's one:
    http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6161/dailybug.png

I think it's supposed to say "Alien Agency Handler"
    this bug caused me to search APF for 10 minutes for an NPC named "Alien Handler"
    Last edited by Xyphos; Dec 4th, 2010 at 08:34:22.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast