Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadKnow View Post
    A qiuick reply to some of the problems here.

The Leaflet distribution misssion: it is fine to split the stack however the 1 you split from the others still must be right clicked in order for it to be the correct item to turn in.

Enigma Dog mission:
    No idea where is whole having social idea came from... I have now completed that mission many times with my social tab on and nearly full... (On 4 diffrent toons mind you) What I can say is that IF you happen to be in a yalm it will not work. Since I know many people are quickly traveling from Hallow Island to the mission handler I suspect that yalms or other modes of transportation are being used in which case it could cause this issue.

Rome Agency building is a geometrical bug storm: This I will say is 100% true it is much more of a pain when I am on my agent as he seems to easily find cracks. If you never jump inside the building it is better but I have found many holes leaving me somehow swimming O.o
    Well i had the show social tab enabled and tried 2 times to get control of the dog, After both times failed The hostile program was uploaded, But i did not have control of dog. i unchecked the option show social tab the 3rd time i tried i had control of the dog.
    Apprentice Snakeyees..220/25/70 Fixer
    Twinke..........................220/12 MP
    Patchadams.................220/61/19 Doctor
    Sparkanator...............220/19 Neutral Engineer
    Katariina......................220/17 Crat
    Malagant......................208/12 Keeper
    wouldabeen.................174/11 NT
    *~ In loving memory of Beardedone; a good friend that will forever be remembered~* You feel the core of your being shake as BEARDEDONE has reached enlightenment!! Take care old friend.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -Gaute Godager-"There will be no camping in the Shadowlands" LOL OK!!!

it may be very possible that the social tab has something to do with it but not sure how many other people have had this issue. It seems most people are attempting to control the wrong dogs *Brain dogs are not Enigma dog*

Another thing that could be happening is that if you have a social weapon on when doing this thus running a "Hostile" nano then this could cause it to not work as there is no attack option while weilding social weapons even if they are little leet dolls.

In order for this to work the results have to be recreated not that anyone should bother to try this but if an item is causing this issue when removed it should stop. I say this because clearly not everyone is having a problem doing the quest with social on. Now what I can say is that the 30min time could be knocked down to say 15 if this is going to be an issue...

I've done the enigma dog mission twice, both time with social tab enabled and some armor equipped in it. Social weapons interfering with it does sound plausible.

perhaps not a bug but when you got a mish and you cant do it cause youre too feeble to kill 5 catlo pinotties and you think ohwell new one in 18 hours and you dont actually kill the mish yourself it keep on going endlessly. after 24h I kill the mmish myself and hey! I gotta wait another 18hours...

Quote Originally Posted by toadbreath View Post
    I'm not sure if that's a bug but anyways..

The mission was "One Green Hill" in The Longest Road. Unlike all other missions I had so far, there was no <M> marker to the location, nor there was an option to "Upload Mission to Map".

Apparently there is more than one hill you can use. My well equipped level 179 enforcer found this mission extremly hard. Had to do two spawns of the hill & kite till bulky got aggro off me, as it is impossible to take on four of them at once solo. Squishy professions, froobs, & new players will have a very hard time soloing this.

The first time I managed to get credit for killing 3 (I think bulky kill steals you) & mission updated, when I targeted Bulky to check it, the mission reverted to it's original state, instead of giving reward, so I had to kill another 3 (bulky might have to be at a certain % of health).

Quote Originally Posted by Johael View Post
    Apparently there is more than one hill you can use. My well equipped level 179 enforcer found this mission extremly hard. Had to do two spawns of the hill & kite till bulky got aggro off me, as it is impossible to take on four of them at once solo. Squishy professions, froobs, & new players will have a very hard time soloing this.

The first time I managed to get credit for killing 3 (I think bulky kill steals you) & mission updated, when I targeted Bulky to check it, the mission reverted to it's original state, instead of giving reward, so I had to kill another 3 (bulky might have to be at a certain % of health).
    Don't know if there is more than one hill, I found a log and waited a good 30 mins...then I went next to the log, and surprise, all the mobs spawned. My 190 enfo got hammered pretty badly. Had to bring help to finish it. Don't think a 190ish can solo it, not sure.

Don't know if it's been reported. Using the item to charm the dog while yalmed, will fail, and you will run the 30 mins hostile nano saying that you charmed a dog already. I also think the dog receives a nano making it uncharmable by others, not sure.. anyway after 30 mins I removed the yalm, and looked for a fresh new dog.

BTW, I was surprised we could not use the Trained Dog to redo the quest. I mean, it's in the name, it's trained for it, but can't kill nada? Maybe it's on purpose so that it can't be abused on other types of mobs, or worse, PVP .

One green hill extremely annoying...

I only managed to find one hill (going by the name, makes sense)

on a shade it took two-ish attempts:

First time, i was in perk reset, didnt have my big perks. The feracious outtos die very quickly and arent that hard. But they killed the bulk because i was slow the first time. when i waited for respawn, they all ganked me and i died before i could get acro up.

Second time, i had my full set of perks (i was 185ish at the time). Killed all the feracious, managed aggro well between the mobs to keep the bulk and myself alive. Unfortunately i only got the kill on two of them. Although its been around forever, i still consider it a bug that just because a mob gets the last hit, it KSes you. The bulk was 75% hp but i had to wait for respawn....

Second spawn, i only have to kill one, so i get it. Still annoying that i had to save two bulk for the one mish. (glad spawn time was like 5 min)

waypoint would be nice too, it may be very hard for froobs, but as long as you arent some inf leecher, i dont imagine too much trouble with this mish. (Maybe for a couple of profs)

Also, the mantis mission for 170s~ is much to hard, they have way too much HP, pretty good AR and they gang up on you. i couldnt get past the first set. (As a trader, i think i might have been able to to, but as a shade.... evades dont cut it)

Did the One green hill mission on a 177 doc.

Each time the feracious outtos all decide to aggro me the instant they spawn, and the damage came in so fast and heavy that i was unable to get off more than one heal before dying.

CH didn't help much as they killed me in recharge when attempting a second time.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

As there were a few "One Green Hill too hard" kinds of reports, I think I should just state quickly that it seemed rather easy on my Engi (184/185 at the times I did the quest, well equipped) -- pets, area debuffs and bio cocoon made it a very easy experience. Guard on the Slayer and follow / attack on the dog ensured aggro was on the right things.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

I've not had any trouble with social tab interfering in the Enigma Dog quest, though I've not had any weapons equipped in the tab at the time, only armour. It might be weapons/items in the hands disabling offensive actions that does it?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Got a question about the flag you get from "hacking med supplies"...

I went to OA to hack a basic, then adv, then sup med shop, and got a "special flag" for 15min. => all good
    Seems the flag doesnt end upon death (like tower flag).=> all good
    Seems the flag allowed clans to attack me without him getting the flag => all very good (similar to tower flag)

But, is it normal I couldn't fight back the toon fighting me ? Wehn you attack someone tower flagged, you dont get a flag, and other cant attack you, but the toon you are attacking can retaliate...

Now, is it because the clan didnt actualy press Q but only nuked me ? or is it the goal of this flag ?

(in that case, the issue would not have been different if I could have attacked back, but I wandered in OA after finishing the quest to do some PvP... not to get killed without any mean to engage the opposit player...)

In the future, I guess I ll will grab a normal flag too
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

what i noticed a few times with that flag is that it doesnt seem to last 15 minutes.
    done the quest on 4 or so times now on my mp. each time i pick the OA shops (i know where those are ) and there's no way it took me that long to complete.
    what i do is hack basic -> run to advanced -> hack -> run to superiour -> hack -> run to jobe whompah -> rome green -> rome red -> rome blue -> agency
    every time i select myself afterward the flag is gone. this could be intended (maybe on talking to the android or something) but just wanna make sure
    there is also no way that run took 15 minutes, i might be slow, but i'm not THAT slow >.>

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellarisa
    what i noticed a few times with that flag is that it doesnt seem to last 15 minutes.
    The flag is cancelled when you finish the mission.

aha! very cool, saves me from having to wait till flag runs out after i finished it (she's always the first of 4 toons that i do dailies on)
    thanks for the info
    Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Don't know if it's been reported. Using the item to charm the dog while yalmed, will fail, and you will run the 30 mins hostile nano saying that you charmed a dog already. I also think the dog receives a nano making it uncharmable by others, not sure.. anyway after 30 mins I removed the yalm, and looked for a fresh new dog.
    Put simply, If you cant attack, this fails.

This includes
    1) Social weapons
    2) Parrot
    3) Yalm
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    From what I've seen, mish completes as soon as either side has over 400 points, whether you're winning or losing...which is nice.
    If thats the case, thats not so bad at all!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    If thats the case, thats not so bad at all!
    Not in the ranges that actually have a running BS (and even TL5 and TL7 seem to have problems lately). There are still lots of levels that lack an acceptable solution for gaining VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Don't know if there is more than one hill, I found a log and waited a good 30 mins...then I went next to the log, and surprise, all the mobs spawned. My 190 enfo got hammered pretty badly. Had to bring help to finish it. Don't think a 190ish can solo it, not sure.
    There was an engi doing the quest at the same time I was, he said he went to another hill. Yes you have to be right by the log to pop the mobs.

My strategy for this quest now is to run away as soon as they spawn, kite around the hill until a couple peel off to attack the bulky, then pull the other two away & kill them. Rebuff & wait 5 min or so for hill to be ready to repop, repeat the first step on one, target bulky, done. Note that the bulky from the first pop is probably still up, I think targeting it reset my mission, so make sure you target second.

Defector mission for Omni.

The defector is not there. I even tried leaving and re-entering the area about 10 times, which is annoying as all hell because you can't get out the way you came in and the mobs were impossible for me to kill solo so I had to sneak the entire map 10 bloody times.

Not being able to take a new mission for 18 hours because the mission you got was bugged/impossible and you had to delete it ruins the entire daily system for me.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast