Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

dono if it's been said before, but i somehow managed to get "Basic Shop Lifter" daily mish 3 times in a row..so...dono if it's normal or not, but it's weird...

I did have a mission for 2days ago "one green hill" or something. Did in mech. BUT NOW i cant get new mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    I do not want to wait in 9am:/petiton status 4 in que
    10 am /petition status 3 in que
    11am /petition status 4 in que
    11.05am alt f4

11.10am
    I got help.....
    I don't know what happen. But at lest its fixed for me.
    Last edited by Aunce; May 16th, 2010 at 06:30:25.

Steal OT Employee Thing

The mission where a Clanner goes into an OT base just above Clon**** to convert an OT employee suffers from the following:

1) if you calm your way into the mission, the guy you 'convert' runs around attacking mobs anyway
    2) you cannot heal this retard,
    3) he will attack calmed mobs, even though his health is suffering and he's theoretically a trader (and so should know better)
    4) the retard does not follow you. Rather, he runs into a room full of opponents and takes a bunch of damage.
    5) after awhile, he is dead. He doesn't re-spawn (least that I've seen). The mission fails because you have been sent to join up a massively brain damaged trader.

Clan doesn't need any more brain-damaged anything.

Obviously this mission intends you to kill all the mobs first. However, killing is a much weaker toolset for the trader/nt/crat... given even remedial sanity on the part of the person we're springing.

If a daily mission is supposed to be a covert operation it shouldn't require players to act like a blitzing enforcer. Even missions intended to be for blitzing enforcers shouldn't force us to play like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

The biggest issue I had recently with the extraction quest was that every bodyguard in the mission was 170+ versus a 150 mp. If not for letting the cacao demon & tumulten go around the corner & clear the mobs it never could have been cleared because, despite wearing the highest symbiants possible for its level, my mp is not wearing 1.5bil in AI armor, so it can not handle more than one of these 170+ bodyguards at a time.

I experienced a bug too.
    I slowly cleared the area, spoke to the NPC, gave the faction change form to the NPC, then the bodyguards respawn (as expected). The NPC proceeded to pull 3 mobs & disappear. The NPC did not die, it just disappeared. I slowly cleared the mission again & then had to delete it because the NPC never returned. I even left the building & returned, to make sure the NPC did not respawn, before deleting the mission.

P.S.: There are many more bugs from the daily missions reported in this 5 day older thread.
    Last edited by tazalanche; May 16th, 2010 at 07:24:38.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    One Foggy Hill.

Firstly, it was confusing to arrive at the place with a lone Sprout up and nothing happening when I enter the shrine. Even though I had read the reports of this and the green hill mish, and having a mission marker, I had to check the zone for other possible locations to make sure I was at the right place.

Second, the sprout kept KSing me. Out of the first spawn, I got only one Dark Enigma kill. On second attempt I mezzed everything, including the sprout. This proved to be not very easy, since one of the Dark Enigmas had DoTed the sprout, which broke the mezz on it, and it then proceeded to attack the Dark Enigma. Fortunately it did not have aggro on the others, and I was able to wait for the DoT to end and then mezz the sprout (I wasn't sure what it would do if I attacked a Dark Enigma while it was around).

For the first problem, I suggest increasing the number of spots for doing the mish and having the system actively avoid sending two players to the same spot at the same time. For the second, please make it so that mob damage isn't counted at all when determining loot rights (and thus kill credit) in these missions. Out in the wild the current behaviour is ok, as it prevents players from exploiting various guards to kill hard mobs for them.
    This happened ot me also. In addition, the next day I got the same mish and after killing all 4 dark enigmas, my mission did not update correctly. Instead I ended up with a mission called 'Enigma Evacuation' that has no description and no waypoint. I had to fly back to the Agency office and target the Admin Robot for it to update, whereupon it looped back to the kill mission again and I had to wait for respawns.

ION My advy has so far received the Enigma Dogs mission to the exclusion of all others with 2 exceptions. I thought the 'random' nature of the daily mishes was meant to mean an unpredictable mixture.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Sometimes looking at these missions it feels like they were all (for any lvl of mission) tested by 220s in combined and so forth. Shouldn't they be aimed at the average player and for the lvl 1-220 ones average fr00b? A scaling aspect for mobs and such wouldn't be a bad idea as some for a set range apparently lack that.

Maybe they could add another option, hard. Hard are of course harder than "straight forward" but give a bigger reward. They should also require you go at it solo, as in your own instance through the teleporter so no outside help.

Anyone else experienced funny things with the "shoplifter flag" ?
    Btw, I ve tried to get a normal flag in addition to the special flag, in order to be able to retailiate if attacked... and didnt get it...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

once u start the quest shoplifter it takes normal flags and replaces it, and to get rid of it you got to complete the quest
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    once u start the quest shoplifter it takes normal flags and replaces it, and to get rid of it you got to complete the quest
    and do you confirm that this special flag allows other to attack you with you being able to attack them ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I do not confirm that, as I do not originally pvp, however I am sure it is possible
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Embrace of Shadows mission

I don't know if this counts as a bug or not, but once you figure out how to enter the new zone south of ICC for this daily mission (go south thru zone border that map says can't be crossed) you can not see the icon on the planet map representing your toon's location and if you use the "center on character" button on planet map nothing happens. It is as if you are inside a mission and the planet map can't find you, but you are not since others can be in this same "new zone" with you doing the same daily mission. On the planet map it appears the same as if you are in any other playfield, except no location icon.

Hope that explains it well enough ...

Colrain

edit: The "new zone" is called Uturn Canyon with Uturn Forest further south.
    Last edited by Colrain; May 19th, 2010 at 22:33:09. Reason: new zone name

Kill 5 Eremites

Pulled this mission and found area. First Eremite that I "popped" out of ground ran west and went into the side of the mountains and I could not kill it at all. I waited for 5 minutes then went afk for 30 and eremite was gone or had reset itself. Finished the mission and went back for another after the time limit and was given the same mish again. Is this a bug? My toon is a level 18 clan MA doctor.

As well the junior clan advisor keep sending me to the clan Party mixer and he kept giving me the living cyber armor mish. I had done this already after being sent to him the first time. Is this a bug?

Like all the changes and the small touches such as ring grahics and SL imp mob parts are very cool. Thanks for the work!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Got the mish to pew level 190+ mantises in Smuggler's Den on a level 100ish character. I realise this mish is probably meant to encourage teaming, but 3 or 4 level 100s taking out the mantises in in Smuggler's Den? Seriously? The mission being given to level 100s has got to be a bug.
    I got this quest on a lvl 101 adv. Deleted it without trying, I know the level of mobs in Smugglers Den. Got it again when the adv was 110. Figured "what the hell" and attempted it. Killed the first 3 mobs I'm supposed to kill. --->
    Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    You most likely got a mission to pew pew level 100ish mantises. If you go the wrong way, they will be level 190+.
    This is where you're wrong. There's 1 way inside, and there are 2x 190+ mantis mobs sitting there waiting for you. I got one down maybe 4 bars before dying. And that's on a 110 adv in full pred, cotwk, CDR+JEPP. So not exactly an average equip.

Quote Originally Posted by Essessceeaych View Post
    This is where you're wrong. There's 1 way inside, and there are 2x 190+ mantis mobs sitting there waiting for you. I got one down maybe 4 bars before dying. And that's on a 110 adv in full pred, cotwk, CDR+JEPP. So not exactly an average equip.
    That's funny, I did that on a 112 trader and didn't encounter any mob over 130 (the bantlings at the very end were that level).

A couple days later I observed a friend doing the Illegal Cargo (ie. find crates) mission on a 135 advy. He initially went the wrong way and found bright red mobs. I guided him back to the right branch of the dungeon and he completed the mission.

Edit: If you look at the map in this guide, I believe the branching point is in the bend in the very first corridor. There's a door on the right-hand wall, while the corridor continues curving to the left. If you enter through the door, you'll quickly find yourself among high-level mantises. I'm pretty sure the Mantis Queen is this way. Continue along the corridor towards the Smuggler section, and you'll never see a mantis above level 130.
    Last edited by Mikenche; May 19th, 2010 at 07:50:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Essessceeaych View Post
    As the above poster said, I am right, you are not - but it's not an argument. I ran to the 190ish Mantis crowd myself the first time. The corridor makes an S-turn to the left and right again at the place where the door to the Mantis Ravagers is. You'll find that later in a more open room, you can jump up to a walkway that also leads to the Queen - you'll encounter 190ish Nano-Mantis there. This is not the right direction.

I completed the mission on my 115 shade - with help of GSF and lots of creative kiting / training / finally losing aggro. The Mantis that are 3rd from the bottom on the list to kill take a bit of searching to be found, there are doors on the map, try using them at that point.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Enigma dog mission.

The enigma dogs are nowhere near the mission marker you get after talking to the trainer. I found one about 500m north of it, someone else reportedly had to go way up to the zone border before finding one.

I have not tested this myself, but it appears to be possible to complete the mission without charming an enigma dog by killing the balls yourself.
    You can update the mission by killing the balls yourself. However, even though the balls were gray, the going was slow. Since I was on my crat I charmed a Swamp Warg (which is a dog), to speed up the process. Between it and my pet, it took only seconds to kill the ball. So, I don't think it's so much that you need to find an "Enigma Dog" as a dog in the Enigma area.

I could be wrong though. It's happened before.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Daily mission : extraction.

This mission got major bug. Do you guys got any plan to fix it?

1. If you die in a mission. you come back, the NPC gone.
    2. If you saw the NPC, but you did not talk to her first, you kill all the mob in the mission, then comeback she disappear.
    3. There is a door in the mission room that is bugged.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

the quest to visit all the bars sometimes does not update the location of the bar to your map.
    (right-clicking and manually updating has no effect either)

I've had it on the last bar(hope) and one other i can't recall. separate occasions

On a neutral toon, I kept getting the "Illegal Cargo" mission when rolling from the OT agency handler.

I finally decided to grab a mission from the clan agency handler, and I got the same mission. The funny part of this is in dark orange & bold in the following quote:
    Illegal Cargo
    Description:
    Illegal Cargo

The Smugglers Den is filled with illegal activity, but the company has little solid evidence. Your assignment is to locate the crates in the hangar and bring back a sample of their goods.

Breaking and Entring skill will make your job easier, but it's not a requirement.
    Seeing as the only company on RK that might have any interest in preventing smuggling would be OT (and possibly ICC - but I doubt it?), I guess the agency was assigned with this task by one of the aforementioned.
    I expected the clan agency handler to be a little more clan-ized, though - and not hand out "pro-omni" missions to "clans" (anyone rolling from the clan agency). Why does the clan agency handler want me to work for "The Company"? (obvious answer: The clan and omni agency npc's use the same chatscript. May be an idea to flag missions as 'ot agency only' and 'clan agency only'?)
    Last edited by Demoder; May 21st, 2010 at 15:01:51. Reason: Made the question more precise
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

... because in that case, I think they refer to their own Agency, Freelancers etc. instead of company.
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast