Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Why does the clan agency handler want me to work for "The Company"?
    The Company = Freelancers
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    The Company = Freelancers
    And, The Corporation = Omni-Tek (Hyper-Corporation).
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Place the Bomb
    ----------

What is the point of the aliens, except for some AXP?

Get mish, zone in, right click bomb device, get your instant level - right click exit device --> Done!

In no way, shape or manner do you have to fight any aliens or reach a certain location to place the bomb and complete the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Place the Bomb
    ----------

Get mish, zone in, right click bomb device, get your instant level - right click exit device --> Done!

In no way, shape or manner do you have to fight any aliens or reach a certain location to place the bomb and complete the mission.
    i only did it once, before the patch, but back then it wouldn't let me place the bomb in any other place than the boss room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    That's funny, I did that on a 112 trader and didn't encounter any mob over 130 (the bantlings at the very end were that level).

A couple days later I observed a friend doing the Illegal Cargo (ie. find crates) mission on a 135 advy. He initially went the wrong way and found bright red mobs. I guided him back to the right branch of the dungeon and he completed the mission.

Edit: If you look at the map in this guide, I believe the branching point is in the bend in the very first corridor. There's a door on the right-hand wall, while the corridor continues curving to the left. If you enter through the door, you'll quickly find yourself among high-level mantises. I'm pretty sure the Mantis Queen is this way. Continue along the corridor towards the Smuggler section, and you'll never see a mantis above level 130.
    Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    As the above poster said, I am right, you are not - but it's not an argument. I ran to the 190ish Mantis crowd myself the first time. The corridor makes an S-turn to the left and right again at the place where the door to the Mantis Ravagers is. You'll find that later in a more open room, you can jump up to a walkway that also leads to the Queen - you'll encounter 190ish Nano-Mantis there. This is not the right direction.

I completed the mission on my 115 shade - with help of GSF and lots of creative kiting / training / finally losing aggro. The Mantis that are 3rd from the bottom on the list to kill take a bit of searching to be found, there are doors on the map, try using them at that point.
    Guys, trust me, I've been in Smuggler's Den once or twice. This ain't my first rodeo, I know the route. The 190 mobs were just inside the entrance. Like if I didn't have aggro, I could run there in maybe 15 seconds from the entrance. And no, there was the 1 door to them. It didn't branch off before that. It branches off after where I found them.

Quote Originally Posted by Essessceeaych View Post
    Guys, trust me, I've been in Smuggler's Den once or twice. This ain't my first rodeo, I know the route. The 190 mobs were just inside the entrance. Like if I didn't have aggro, I could run there in maybe 15 seconds from the entrance. And no, there was the 1 door to them. It didn't branch off before that. It branches off after where I found them.
    All right, I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume that someone had killed the high-level mantises at the entrance both of the times I've done the mission (got it again yesterday). Now, let me show you a picture:

http://www.tdb.fi/~tdb/smugglers.jpeg

The door in those screenshots was about 7 seconds in with my endgame runspeed, so it could well be around 15 seconds for a TL4. Are you certain you didn't pass through that but continued along the S-shaped corridor? Can you point out from a map where the unavoidable high-level mantises are?

All right, I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume that someone had killed the high-level mantises at the entrance both of the times I've done the mission (got it again yesterday). Now, let me show you a picture:

The door in those screenshots was about 7 seconds in with my endgame runspeed, so it could well be around 15 seconds for a TL4. Are you certain you didn't pass through that but continued along the S-shaped corridor? Can you point out from a map where the unavoidable high-level mantises are?
    I've been in smugglers den quite a lot, and can confirm this is the way the dungeon works. High level mantises don't spawn anywhere in the way from the entrance all the way to the actual smugglers. I've said this multiple times myself as well, if you don't go trough that door, you'll be okay. But most people just run trough the door straight away because it seems like the way onward.

There is of course always the chance of someone training the high level mantises, but in all the times I've been in smugglers I haven't seen this happen once. In the case of training, the above still applies, your just very very unlucky.

I guess I did go in the door of death. It's not very good design to have a quest that has you separated from mobs almost double your level by a mere door. And it's not a good design for the dungeon. Should be better lighted so you can actually see the other corridor.

I was confused about it, probably because of my 220's RS, the dungeon is almost a blur.

Having to do missions in static dungeons is a terrible idea to begin with.

Wanted to add to 'bug' list:
    Dante Karall NPC inside Neuter'R'us for Daily mish (bar hopping, xxx plumbo leaflet)
    can not be right clicked to open dialog while standing in front of him.
    You must run behind him and place yourself in the corner at which point you can both select him and talk.
    It is likely some odd placment issue but I wanted to add it since I can see how it would be annoying to anyone who does not figure this out.

One Foggy Hill.

Firstly, it was confusing to arrive at the place with a lone Sprout up and nothing happening when I enter the shrine. Even though I had read the reports of this and the green hill mish, and having a mission marker, I had to check the zone for other possible locations to make sure I was at the right place.

Second, the sprout kept KSing me. Out of the first spawn, I got only one Dark Enigma kill. On second attempt I mezzed everything, including the sprout. This proved to be not very easy, since one of the Dark Enigmas had DoTed the sprout, which broke the mezz on it, and it then proceeded to attack the Dark Enigma. Fortunately it did not have aggro on the others, and I was able to wait for the DoT to end and then mezz the sprout (I wasn't sure what it would do if I attacked a Dark Enigma while it was around).

For the first problem, I suggest increasing the number of spots for doing the mish and having the system actively avoid sending two players to the same spot at the same time. For the second, please make it so that mob damage isn't counted at all when determining loot rights (and thus kill credit) in these missions. Out in the wild the current behaviour is ok, as it prevents players from exploiting various guards to kill hard mobs for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemaron View Post
    One Foggy Hill.

first round, kill 3 Dark Enigma. have no calms so the Enigmas killed the Sprout. kills done, newmission tab the Sprout. respawn after 10minutes, tab done, new missi kill 3 Dark Enigma...
    loop.
    also without a dying sprout it gives the loop.
    I have tried this "One Foggy Hill" many times also ... it only seems to work if you are somehow lucky enough to have 4 dark enigma and can kill them very fast.

I tried this daily mission last night with my gimpy trader helpped by my martial artist. We could not kill all 3 dark enigma that spawned fast enough to get credit for all three, but sprout was in fine shape. We waited for next spawn ... we got credit for third kill and message mission complete with new mission to be sure Sprout was Ok ... killed remaining dark enigma ... Sprout is doing "FINE" wandering around with nothing to kill. HOWEVER, second part does not update, tried talking with Sprout to confirm he felt fine ... no conversation just trade window ... stay around until Sprout despawns, nothing, mission resets as if we did nothing. Sent "bug report" petition with copies of all related chat window ... no one came ... left toon logged in ... no one came ...

I think this mission is seriously bugged ... Please fix or stop giving it out. It is the only mission my gimpy trader has pulled so far ... guess I am back to deleting them all.

Colrain

p.s. FC if you are interested I kept notepad copy of chat window I was able to copy ... and time stamp from submitting petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Daily mission : extraction.

This mission got major bug. Do you guys got any plan to fix it?

1. If you die in a mission. you come back, the NPC gone.
    2. If you saw the NPC, but you did not talk to her first, you kill all the mob in the mission, then comeback she disappear.
    3. There is a door in the mission room that is bugged.
    I experienced another bug with this same mission.
    I found the NPC. Had her sign the Omni form, and we ran to the door, shooting on the way. At some point she either died, or lagged behind. When I exited the mission, nothing happened. I went back into the mission, and re-located the NPC. She again asked for the Omni form, but now I had no form because she consumed it on my first attempt to rescue her.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    We waited for next spawn ... we got credit for third kill and message mission complete with new mission to be sure Sprout was Ok ... killed remaining dark enigma ...
    The check on the enigma sprout mission only lasts a minute or two at the most. As a result by the time you killed the other dark enigmas the check on the enigma sprout mission timed out and you got the kill the dark enigmas mission again.

That's how it works. It wasn't a bug, just very poorly designed.

Daily Mission : One green Hill
    Save the Bulky Ottous. Kill 3 Feracious Ottous.

It was working a while ago, mobs spawning instantly. now the Geracious Ottous are NOT Spawning on some of the hill.

First the extraction mission is buggy unable to complete, now this One green Hill Daily mission bugged? then the Penumbra is rubberband?(use to be ok and not as bad as today)

Actually I was going to continue my subscription for may be 1 full year. What now? Are you trying to make sure I am not going to do that?
    Last edited by Ceenah2; May 24th, 2010 at 03:11:22.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Place the Bomb
    ----------

It makes sense, to a degree. Kill the Aliens by Hand, or just chuck the bomb into the ship and let the venting of the atmosphere do the work for you. Either way, you win.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    I have tried this "One Foggy Hill" many times also ... it only seems to work if you are somehow lucky enough to have 4 dark enigma and can kill them very fast.

I tried this daily mission last night with my gimpy trader helpped by my martial artist. We could not kill all 3 dark enigma that spawned fast enough to get credit for all three, but sprout was in fine shape. We waited for next spawn ... we got credit for third kill and message mission complete with new mission to be sure Sprout was Ok ... killed remaining dark enigma ... Sprout is doing "FINE" wandering around with nothing to kill. HOWEVER, second part does not update, tried talking with Sprout to confirm he felt fine ... no conversation just trade window ... stay around until Sprout despawns, nothing, mission resets as if we did nothing. Sent "bug report" petition with copies of all related chat window ... no one came ... left toon logged in ... no one came ...

I think this mission is seriously bugged ... Please fix or stop giving it out. It is the only mission my gimpy trader has pulled so far ... guess I am back to deleting them all.

Colrain

p.s. FC if you are interested I kept notepad copy of chat window I was able to copy ... and time stamp from submitting petition.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    The check on the enigma sprout mission only lasts a minute or two at the most. As a result by the time you killed the other dark enigmas the check on the enigma sprout mission timed out and you got the kill the dark enigmas mission again.

That's how it works. It wasn't a bug, just very poorly designed.
    It still seems "buggy" to me, but I have figured out how to deal with it ...

Problem to avoid ... If you kill the 4th dark enigma before you tag the sprout the whole mission resets even if the tagging part of mission has not timed out.

So, if you solo this daily you have to get credit for killing 3 dark enigma while sprout is still alive ... not 2, not 4 ... 3 only. Once you have credit for 3 tag the sprout. If this takes 2 spawns be careful with your count.

If you need help with this one, bring a crat friend who can Area-Mezz preferably the top rk area mezz and team up of course. You run in and trigger spawn and then back off. Have friend (or yourself if you dual-log) keep their bot on wait/follow so bot does not mess things up and attack sprout, first mezz all the spawn, then send bot after first dark enigma, keep casting area mezz as the sprout will keep breaking it, once bot has killed 3rd dark enigma switch back to toon with mission and tag sprout, wait for mission complete message, then you can kill the 4th dark enigma if you don't want to be chased, casting area mezz all the while. Then you both can leave area.

Colrain

Did "green hill" mission on The Longest Road again today. When I come to spot - bulk and 2 ferocious ottous were here. Doing it while 2 bulks and 6 ferocious attack me was real fun and challenge for 192 MA, but looks like it were unintended fun ;(
    I think mobs shall reset/despawn here if someone fails, or at least bulks shall not attack players without reason.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

'One Foggy Hill'

Did this last night with my doc, went through ok. Killed the Dark Enigma's and tabbed the Sprout and mission complete.

You get more problems with this one if you team in my experience.

As a side note, I have been killed by these Dark Enigma's before but didn't seem to lose any exp, despite having dinged the previous day and not saved since. Anyone else have that experience?

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    I finally dinged 175 and got something other than "place the bomb"

But now Im in Longest Road trying to trigger the "one green hill" mission.

From what I can tell from previous posts, the ottous are supposed to spawn when i near one of the logs. But after having run around in circles for 20 minutes teabagging the 3 logs, I can safely say nothing happens.

Am I missing something, or are these mobs on some long spawntimer.

Extended location information:
    - 996.7, 1316.3, 20.1 (996.7 1316.3 y 20.1 795)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:795 GS=0 SG=0 R=795, resource: 795
    - zone: 3736, area: "Nano canyon"
    Server id: 3127, character id: XXXXXXX, time: 2010-05-14 16:09:16 (UTC)
    Version: 18.3.5_EP1, map id: 18.3.5.0_12.05.2010_15.10.39, build: 48821.
    Same happening to me, same condition. May be related to us being level 175? just like the door to alien ship worked only for people over 150?.

Btw, a friend of mine came to see if he could trigger the spawn, lvl 190, but nothing happened as well.

When I run on the hill top, I see a small white cloud where the trigger should happen, but no mob spawn on me.

I am a patient kind of person, so I tried for almost one hour with no result.
    Too many alts to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Daily Mission : One green Hill
    Save the Bulky Ottous. Kill 3 Feracious Ottous.

It was working a while ago, mobs spawning instantly. now the Geracious Ottous are NOT Spawning on some of the hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    But now Im in Longest Road trying to trigger the "one green hill" mission.

From what I can tell from previous posts, the ottous are supposed to spawn when i near one of the logs. But after having run around in circles for 20 minutes teabagging the 3 logs, I can safely say nothing happens.
    It's likely the same problem as the Foggy Hill mission. It has a set lock out timer of about 20 minutes before a new batch will spawn. So if before you came someone just did it now you have to stand around and wait

Quote Originally Posted by Qlskdo View Post
    When I run on the hill top, I see a small white cloud where the trigger should happen, but no mob spawn on me.

I am a patient kind of person, so I tried for almost one hour with no result.
    The Foggy Hill one is the same, cloud then they spawn. I have seen them not spawn even when you get a cloud as well so maybe it can skip a spawn.

Sending us to a private zone for these kinds of things would be better.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast