Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AS pistol

AS pistol

So, I'd like to know when the AS pistol is going to be deleted from everyone inventory/equip slots.

As I recall, the AS pistol was a "temporary" measure put in game to help "balance" {Edited by Prevention: Inappropriate} support professions.

I'm curious, because I'm actually interested in PVP, {Edited by Prevention: Inappropriate}

Ya, PVP would be nice without instakill from support profs.

Ever since this pistol was introduced, support profs became over the top OP'd, while every profession that can't use pistol effectively became wtfstomped.

sooo, anyone care to comment on this "temporary" fix?
    Last edited by Prevention; May 11th, 2010 at 07:08:44. Reason: Inappropriate language and behavior

Actually
    Trader/NT/Soldier/Enforcer/Agent/Fixer are viable without it. The problem is your toolset, not others.
    Last edited by MassDebater; May 11th, 2010 at 05:55:13.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

How about fixers?

you mean only MA's, shades and keepers are the nerfed ones?

hmm. I sort of can't wait to get some goodies.

Your right fixers too.

Added
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Pretty sure the AS update will render the 11 sec AS'ing crat/doc/trader/mp a thing of the past. Since you'll have to actually hide instead of shoving a rifle/pistol/bow up someone's nose and saying 'you can't see me, I get a blind headshot crit'.... unless your concealment exceeds their perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Pretty sure the AS update will render the 11 sec AS'ing crat/doc/trader/mp a thing of the past. Since you'll have to actually hide instead of shoving a rifle/pistol/bow up someone's nose and saying 'you can't see me, I get a blind headshot crit'.... unless your concealment exceeds their perception.
    are you sure?

I don't think I read that. <--would love to be wrong here.

Hmm where did you get that info from?
    Afaik the "new" non agent AS will have a 3 sec interruptable execution time and it will have defence checks as well. But I never heard anything of what you mention here.

If it is so good equip one on your MA or tl5 keeper and go on rampage
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

As will have a 3 sec "cast" time for everyone, interuptable by melee classes, conceal is not needed.

A 2nd action, available to agents only (apparently) is being put in, thats insta-use but has a defense check (similiar to burst, or thats whats been said).

hope this clears up any confusion
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    As will have a 3 sec "cast" time for everyone, interuptable by melee classes, conceal is not needed.

A 2nd action, available to agents only (apparently) is being put in, thats insta-use but has a defense check (similiar to burst, or thats whats been said).

hope this clears up any confusion
    News to me. Unwelcome news. But if 2 of you guys believe it then there's probably something to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Actually
    Trader/NT/Soldier/Enforcer/Agent/Fixer are viable without it. The problem is your toolset, not others.
    You're not being honest.. All those profs (except enfos, NTs) either already have AS natively, or use AS as an addition to their "classic" specials.

Matter of the fact is that EVERYONE is looking for a Lust in Pande. You can't deny that.

Hell, I might get some too since soldiers will have access to the full Pistol Mastery perk lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Hell, I might get some too since soldiers will have access to the full Pistol Mastery perk lines.
    As soon as rebalaning will hit live (i'll be grandfather by then) - you won't even consider going AS just because you'll need to stand still for 3 seconds to fire it while being able to be interrupted by melee with 100% chance, especially while soldier's FA reliable enough.

AS pistol as it is now is pretty OP in hands of specific profs, while its going to be useless after rebalancing due to 3s timer to fire AS.

I can't see a problem with almost every profession being able to use AS pistol, but I see one with all those professions being able to reach pretty fast AS recharge cycle while having it on. WTB more accurate recharge template and appropriate AS support toolset given proportionally to those professions.

Ideally, if specific profession got high AR + good perk damage output - it should have AS recharge longer than the ones who rely on AS only.

I can't see any possibility to balance AS pistol and other weapons without implementing huge scale of changes to items stats for such weapon skills. Plus, changes of a kind will require at least 1 more full IPR given to the players who already used their one, just because such changes will change outfit prototype of players.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

If I understand it correctly you need to successfully conceal from a player/mob to be able to as instantly like you can today. If they can see you you get 3s (interruptible) cast time on it.

If I understand it correctly you need to successfully conceal from a player/mob to be able to as instantly like you can today.
    That hasn't been said by FC to my knowledge. Can you point us to a source?

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post

X
    I believe it was in one of the FWM posts but I can't seem to dig it up. I suppose it might just be a persistent rumor...

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post

X
    It has.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

aimed shot will be instant in pvp if you are concealed an the victim cannot see you, not sure if its the same for pvm or not
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

I'm happy enough for it to have been said... but would still like to see that source to be sure. If somebody could provide a link, that'd be cool.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; May 11th, 2010 at 16:59:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    As soon as rebalaning will hit live (i'll be grandfather by then) - you won't even consider going AS just because you'll need to stand still for 3 seconds to fire it while being able to be interrupted by melee with 100% chance, especially while soldier's FA reliable enough.

AS pistol as it is now is pretty OP in hands of specific profs, while its going to be useless after rebalancing due to 3s timer to fire AS.

I can't see a problem with almost every profession being able to use AS pistol, but I see one with all those professions being able to reach pretty fast AS recharge cycle while having it on. WTB more accurate recharge template and appropriate AS support toolset given proportionally to those professions.

Ideally, if specific profession got high AR + good perk damage output - it should have AS recharge longer than the ones who rely on AS only.

I can't see any possibility to balance AS pistol and other weapons without implementing huge scale of changes to items stats for such weapon skills. Plus, changes of a kind will require at least 1 more full IPR given to the players who already used their one, just because such changes will change outfit prototype of players.
    Yep, hopefully specials such as Full Auto will be more reliable. Agree on your other points.

Although I dislike that AS pistol... My real concern and cause for absolute frustration is it being available to advs, in the hands of advs it caps way too often and is just ridiculous on so many levels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast