Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Means can you explain ...

Means can you explain ...

Why doctors has 100% NR check for UBT ?
    Why crats has 80% NR check for init.debuffs ?
    Why traders has 90% NR check for drains ?

Considering crats has access to pets(and nano attacks on pets) and trader has AS ....i think NR check should be different.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

When he can write about GTH/BR about changing how cocoon works it means he knows howto play this game i guess. So he can answer also another question about game working.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post

Considering crats has access to pets(and nano attacks on pets) and trader has AS ....i think NR check should be different.
    What would you want for us? Our UBT lands quite well. Maybe even too well for certain professions like pet profs. On the other hands it's hardly useful against "combat" profession in pvp.

What I can understand is your gripe with the crat init debuffs, seeing as they overtook that role from us but see it from another perspective - they were unwanted for raid encounters before. Some problem many support profs still struggle with and as docs we are very well off in that regard.
    I'd like to see less ubt resistance for non boss mobs as well though.
    The reason they have a 90% check is that they have to spam more then one nano though. Imo it should be collapsed down to one or two init debuffs, and then given a 100% check.

Traders don't have 90% check on both drains btw, and as much as it hurts casters, they need one drain to land quickly to have a chance against high ar professions. Maybe focus can be shifted to rely more heavily on the aao/aad drains instead of nanoskill/weaponskill drains.

As unhappy as I am with gth changes or the init debuff situation, the debuffs of other professions do have reasons for their checks and we can't just compare them to UBT like that.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

The Crat Init and Dmg/Init debuffs all have 100% NR check - except for Nanite Advanced Red tape at the top of the init debuff line... and that's despite the Normalised version being introduced in the same patch as the Nanite version.

The question should perhaps be, why does only the Nanite version of the init debuff have a lower def check?

Given that the Nanite version has double the casting requirements of the others, the lower Def check may well be to do with the different conditions at high level where the NR of other players (and some mobs?) ramps up massively - and Crat's nanoskill budget may be a bit weaker at that high level, causing FC to decide to make the top one land a bit more easily. It's been a recurring feature of Crat hostile nanolines, that they get progressively easier to land as you go up the line towards higher QLs.

Can't say for sure - but since the two introduced in the same patch have variation in def check, there's almost certainly a clear design reason associated with it of some kind... and there has been a general shift towards debuffs getting lower Def checks over the years to help casters land them more reliably as Nanoresist budgets and Notum Repulsor usage increased. So it's probably a good bet that it's something along those lines.

Xenon explained the Trader drains design, which is very straight-forward and an important balancing point for traders, who have no green nanoskills (so need to fight to land their first debuffs) and no green weapon-skills (so rely on draining to get anything approaching a good AR).

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; May 22nd, 2010 at 21:04:01.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post

Traders don't have 90% check on both drains btw, and as much as it hurts casters, they need one drain to land quickly to have a chance against high ar professions. Maybe focus can be shifted to rely more heavily on the aao/aad drains instead of nanoskill/weaponskill drains.

Very Very Very few profs can perk a trader after that first drain lands with the high def traders can get now. Most profs can't cast their top nanos if drained, that 90% check is on a drain that hurts enough byitself imo

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    The Crat Init and Dmg/Init debuffs all have 100% NR check - except for Nanite Advanced Red tape at the top of the init debuff line... and that's despite the Normalised version being introduced in the same patch as the Nanite version.

Malaise of Zeal has 85% nr check

Quote Originally Posted by saxobul3 View Post
    Very Very Very few profs can perk a trader after that first drain lands with the high def traders can get now. Most profs can't cast their top nanos if drained, that 90% check is on a drain that hurts enough byitself imo
    Yeah, I am aware of that, and I don't consider it perfect either. If they land the drain it cripples the target but if they don't drain it the trader is in deep ****. They are susceptible to alphas. I'm not saying that traders aren't powerful and I'm more then happy when there are no traders in BS. In fact I only do BS when there are none, but there is some kind of balance in the drains vs combat profs. Whoever is faster / has better counter/landing luck is likely to win. A high def check on drains would leave the trader too vulnerable.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

I tell ya what, you give crats a heal nano or two and you can have our NR check!!!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Malaise of Zeal has 85% nr check
    Sorry... it wasn't listed in the Auno nanolist for Crats and doesn't appear on Ao Mainframe at all (in the list or on search). It would be another case of very top of the line having a lower def check for crats though, so would fit the pattern.

It's weirdly built that nano though... Auno quotes its QL as -1, it has a completely different patch history and has different att/rech compared to the rest of the line too. Just a kinda 'off' nano all round given the line. If you hadn't told me it existed, I'd have said it probably wasn't in game....

X

Why not take it a step further and ask why it is that Crats can not only ultimately land init debuffs easier than a doc with UBT, but also debuff MORE than UBT, PLUS being able to init debuff bosses, AND not have their debuffs be removed by a virus scanner or perk.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    ... AND not have their debuffs be removed by a virus scanner or perk.
    Answer to that... because FC wanted crat init debuffs to work on bosses/mobs immune to ubt. Having them unremoveable with virus scanners needs to be fixed though. Same as the MP dominates. Annoying as hell.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

/aggree with the op they should all be 300% nr check ^^

When he can write about GTH/BR about changing how cocoon works it means he knows howto play this game i guess.
    The way they handled BR tells me the opposite.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    The way they handled BR tells me the opposite.
    BR nerf was fine. It's supposed to be situational, and now it is. End.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

It supposed to be a counter to the never-ending soldier hordes, now it's useless. End.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

It supposed to be a counter to the never-ending soldier hordes, now it's useless. End.
    a counter, sure, a 1 button iwinlolololinvincible, no.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

It needed adjustment, but not this.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

I agree that NR checks need to be looked at but needs to be very carefully looked into by those of funcom, and the professionals to see if they can all agree on a set of terms
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

NR checks are overrated anyway.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Honestly, BR still quite effective, you just have to time it right, just like any other PVP tool you have. I don't see how that's not reasonable. Just because traders can't use it for solo /win on soldiers anymore doesn't mean it's useless, unless that's all you are capable of doing and intend to cry about how gimp you are without adapting your gameplay.

As for the OP, what are you expecting? I think the answer you are going to get is "Why not?"
    Last edited by Obtena; May 25th, 2010 at 22:13:51.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast