Thread: Level Lock Sacrifice

Level Lock Sacrifice

Now. No level 1-50 was meant to gain 1300 damage for 25 seconds; this is an extraordinarily stupid oversight by the developers.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Now. No level 1-50 was meant to gain 1300 damage for 25 seconds; this is an extraordinarily stupid oversight by the developers.
    I'm confused... doesn't the Trader have to be level 105 to use the special? And isn't the buff only 600 at that level? Isn't the 1300 +dmg version only available if the trader has volunteer 10 trained which is level locked to 210+?

Or did you mean that there should be level requirements on the team cast buff too? Wouldn't teaming restrictions act against using it with people of much lower level? Or isn't that enough?

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; May 25th, 2010 at 23:16:30.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Or did you mean that there should be level requirements on the team cast buff too? Wouldn't teaming restrictions act against using it with people of much lower level? Or isn't that enough?
    X
    It's not enough: people are teaming with 220 Traders in PVP to gain a gigantic advantage in lowbie PVP. You can literally throw a ql1 Aero Borealis Corona and a ql1 BigBurger on a level 1 NT and defeat every level 5 twink in the game with 5 button presses (Sacrifice/Fling/Burst/Aimed/FA).

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Sounds like it needs the target level lock. But I'm trying to think whether I've seen a 'Team Cast' effect which included a conditional in it based on the targets' stats though... I'm wondering whether it's even possible. The check would need to be inside the Team Cast element - but I'm not sure I've seen any checks of any kind inside the Team cast element of nanos before...

It strikes me also, that there must be other team effects that could be similarly disruptive. Wouldn't a crat aura giving 133 AAO 410 AAD be similarly massively unbalancing in low level PvP? Or Fixer team HoTs mebbe? Some single target effects have been given target level locks... but I could imagine there'd be quite a few team ones that could be massively overpowering.

X

alphaing a CT in less than 10 sec is completly stupid...

and take a look at Gazzump while you are here.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

The check would need to be inside the Team Cast element - but I'm not sure I've seen any checks of any kind inside the Team cast element of nanos before...
    Fixer NCU buffs, Trader Umbrals, Soldier/Engineer reflects all work this way.
    It strikes me also, that there must be other team effects that could be similarly disruptive. Wouldn't a crat aura giving 133 AAO 410 AAD be similarly massively unbalancing in low level PvP?
    Yea, that too. Though it isn't as potent as 1300 straight damage bonus.

you need to be in pvp range afaik to get the crat aura tho

and leave my gazump alone dont nerf my fast as light way of levelling alts at lowest levels plx

more on topic, 1,3k add dmg at low tls does sound pretty idiotic
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Yeah, don't nerf gazump. How else are we supposed to get to level ~30?
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Fixer NCU buffs, Trader Umbrals, Soldier/Engineer reflects all work this way.
    Cool. Then it should certainly be done.

X

Rock, Paper, Scissors.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=273343

But seriously, fix it I guess.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    Rock, Paper, Scissors.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=273343

But seriously, fix it I guess.
    problem is not PvP... it's PvT....

a QL 15 CT lasts less than 15 sec vs 1 or 2 guys with fling burst FA and +1300 DD
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I remember when Sil was a player and he complained about the outside buff mechanics in lowbie pvp.

There needs to be adjustments made.

Sounds like it needs the target level lock. But I'm trying to think whether I've seen a 'Team Cast' effect which included a conditional in it based on the targets' stats though... I'm wondering whether it's even possible. The check would need to be inside the Team Cast element - but I'm not sure I've seen any checks of any kind inside the Team cast element of nanos before...
    Fixer SL runspeed buffs nuff said

Not only do lowbi traders screw over lowbi pvp but so do the high lvl ones. Awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniker View Post
    Fixer SL runspeed buffs nuff said
    Cool. Then it should certainly be done.

X
    Already had that exchange earlier in the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    By FC fixing the low level experience.

Bump for saetos!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    Not fail at life. Med-suit+AI wep and im good from 5-30.

Sacrifice should be locked to 100+ on targets. It is 650 damage add in pvp at any level...is this fair? Obviously not, but in that same case neither is +500 aad and +300 aao or other +100 or higher damage add auras.

This all falls in line with "You do not need buffs that are more effective than the entireity of your toons equipment and toolsets at lower levels."