Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This might get confusing... (Official Fourth Wall Discussion Station)

Nice as this forums work is, I think Kintaii could make a far more significant impression and positive thrust for Roleplay in AO by tackling the main AO website.

Good point Dagget. Ya know there is one really good thing about this section.
    At least we'll have to place to shout out sure to be unheard complaints about changes in the storyline from now on.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Hmm I think I'm going to log off now before i get myself into real trouble.
    But really finally happy to see something new.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Btw, since this is an OOC board, I'd like to go on record and say to all the people that I have flamed in Editors News: Bubba and I are not the same person. Similar, possibly, but not the same. Therefore, if anyone I have offended with my IC behaviour then I can only say... its in character. Not meant to be a personal hit unless I technically make it to be one. Either way, I'm a fairly peaceful guy IRL. Here endeth the disclaimer according to Saint Carebear.

And I guess, im outta the closet now. :/ hrm...

Btw, Annarina.. I know you moderate me every now and then, but its kinda endearing how you moderate me. :P You tend to keep it simple.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Going off topic here but i agree with Dagget the site needs to be added to or re-worked with greater info about the Clans and the different clans as well as their leaders, the same for Omni-Tek and whatever you can about neutrals. Heck could we have some articles about the tech and the science behind it a little as well. I know its asking for alot of writing and work, but i think it would be worth the effort.
    I look every now and then at the Eve Online website and they have tonnes compared to the AO website. ( I enjoy reading the Eve Chronicles.)
    Again sorry for going off topic.

Keep up the good work, Kintaii and events and the rest of ARK, im looking forward to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Therefore, if anyone I have offended with my IC behaviour then I can only say... its in character. .
    I am greatly offended by your constent rude behaviour to me ingame. I may have to file a harrasment report :P .. just kidding big guy .. But you have made me wonder if people think i am actually like Cora lol.

On Topic:

I love these forums, gives us a easy place to arrange and discuss stuff ooc, where we can keep track of it alot easier instead of having hundreds of emails to go through

Cookies to ARK, and more cookies to kintaii!
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

I dig it. I see a lot of good coming out of this.
    Point Blank

Funcom employee

Just as a side note, on the topic of the main website - Both Means and myself are hopeful that at some point in the future we can look into getting a new front page with more information about both the game itself and the universe of Anarchy Online.

In the meantime, though, I'll be helping out a bit in the future in keeping the front page maintained - Who do you think started adding in the FwM posts a couple of weeks ago? Just takes time to get everything where I want it to be. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Not wanting to sound like im whining or trying to cause a fuss, but isnt the posting the FWM and patch notes to the website front page something that the Community Manager should be doing, or shouldnt there be an automated system which could do that?
    I know on my org's site all we have to do is make a thread an announcement and we can have it automatically posted to our front/home page.

Funcom employee

With the content management system we use, doing an automated system is unfortunately out of the question - I'm sure its *possible* to rig something up, but it'd probably end up being rather hacky and wouldn't perform like we'd like it to. Mostly comes down to the system we use for the site, though, at least to my limited understanding.

And, though I'm not the Community Manager of AO, Famine (and Waldgeist/Tarib) tend to find themselves really busy with other things, and I've volunteered my own time to help keep things up-to-date where needs be. =) This often leaves me in charge of a lot of the day-to-day operations regarding the forums and, now, the main website. So while I'm certainly not a replacement for Famine or Waldgeist or Tarib I do handle a lot of the basic community management for Anarchy Online these days - They still lead things up and are The Main Dudes™, but I take care of a lot of the practical stuff. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Is there any possibility of getting the old timeline back? The new look just plainly sucks and cumbersome when you're looking for a specific event or date. The old version even had some pictures and looked much better.

Funcom employee

No, sorry - This is what we can do with the content management system we were given. If we have the opportunity to get a new website in the future then there may be a different timeline for that. At the moment, though, what we have is what we have.

Edit: Pheats actually has a copy of the old timeline from the previous website - It's partially busted and hideously out-of-date, but surprisingly enough all of the old thumbnails and such are still there. We're going to get one of the Events guys to take a look at it and see if they can't bring it up to speed (as well as fix all the broken links) so we can offer it as a rar'd-up download. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Speaking of the main site. Looking at the old AO site through a way back machine. It used to be so much more rp friendly. There used to be stories about the storyline. I understand that would be a lot of work and resources are limited.
    Just pointing something out.

While I'm pointing something out. If I should come off over jaded or negative in some of these post. A lot of it is due to hearing things and not seeing any action from FC or ARK at times. And this has been built over years. I will say things seem to be a lot better, but old wounds take the longest to heal.
    I mean I asked at an ark player meeting years ago about the possibility for an ooc rp section on the forums. So long ago in fact I think Kintaii was there as an ark. And I know others have asked for it as well. Now I know a lot of players ask for impossible things, new pfs, revamps of meeting rooms, ect... But an ooc section on the forums for RP? We're not talking about something that sucks up a lot of resources or takes time to set up. But it still took years to come into play.
    This is where my jaded responses come from. Well there are a few more reasons but I'll keep this simple. Well and there's that whole lack of communication it seems at times. From all sides, nobody is innocent in that one.
    However, my brain is a bit all over the place so this might not make any sense what's so ever.

I'm not sure if this is a Client Side setting, or Server Side - but the [Server] Buzz forum's default filter is set to only show posts since [Last Day]. This is making the forums look ... well ... more barren then they usually do. is this a Server side setting that can be tweaked to say, [Last Month]?
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

You can control that option for yourself Trousers.

UserCP -> Edit Options -> Tread Display Options -> set the "default Thread Age Cut off" to your desire.

By the way, I want to say a big thanks to Kintaii and the events people for starting up these thread, and so forth. I have found this to be truly interesting, and hope the interest continues.
    Last edited by StanimirB; May 27th, 2010 at 21:17:09.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by StanimirB View Post
    You can control that option for yourself Trousers.

UserCP -> Edit Options -> Tread Display Options -> set the "default Thread Age Cut off" to your desire.

By the way, I want to say a big thanks to Kintaii and the events people for starting up these thread, and so forth. I have found this to be truly interesting, and hope the interest continues.
    No, Kidding. But I'm asking if the default is a server side setting or not. Because if the server side default is [Last day] the forums will appear to contain next to no posts by default.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Funcom employee

The vB backend system is still kinda confusing to me, but I actually managed to find the setting - Changed it to where both Buzz forums are set to show "all" threads by default.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    No, sorry - This is what we can do with the content management system we were given. If we have the opportunity to get a new website in the future then there may be a different timeline for that. At the moment, though, what we have is what we have.
    While having the graphics back would be nice, my main beef with the new timeline is the way it presents events.

The "most recent event first" format is great for following the latest news (or would be if it were updated more frequently), but it's really awkward reading for people trying to follow the entire timeline:
    "Go to the last page, scroll to the bottom of the page, read a paragraph, scroll up a bit, read another paragraph, repeat until you finish the first paragraph on the page, go back a page, scroll to the bottom and repeat"--is OK for catching up on a day's worth of Twitter, but it's incredibly awkward when you have to read two dozen pages that way.

Just saw the post with that massive LTC list.

Brilliant work Kintaii/Pheats
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Dont thank me, it was Kintaii that turned his brain to mush doing it, all I did was pick at it and distract him with questions and comments!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast