Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legacy and LTC popularity

Legacy and LTC popularity

Ok heres a few questions for you all, I'd like you all to think about these before posting and give structured responses.

Who is your favourite Omni-Tek Legacy Character and why?
    These would be the Directors that appear at the OAM such as Ivan Sergeyich, Tarkhan Zora, Max, Rita etc

Who is your favourite Clan Legacy Leader and why?
    These are the Clan leaders such as Simon Silverstone and Alan Jacobi

Who is your favourite LTC and why?

These are the average joes that you can find wandering around like Fishman, Turms, Penelope etc.

Who is your least favourite Omni-Tek Legacy and why?

Who is your least favourite Clan Legacy and why?

Reasons can be anything that makes you like them, even if your character doesn't from the characters story and personality to the way they are played by the person behind them though would prefer it to be based on the characters story rather than how good you think the ark RPs, an example answer post would be something along the lines of:

Favourite OT Legacy: Ivan Sergeyich
    Why: Because I love drunkards and vodka, and he manages to be one while still holding authority and pulling off the police commissioner role.

Favourite Clan Legacy:
    Alan Jacobi
    Why: Because who doesn't love money, this guy loves it and that aspect of greed is done well with the freedom clutching clan stance. His constant smoking may get annoying at times but he's a sociable person and quite a character.

Favourite LTC: Turms
    Why: Hes full of mystery and intrigue while giving off an air of menace, the fact that hes definitely a bad guy has never really been hidden but you still want to chat with him.

Least Favourite OT Legacy: Lt General Rosuma
    Why: Never been a big fan of military people and this guy is as military as it comes, he has no real character or hooks and rarely do I find myself being intrigued by him.

Least Favourite Clan Legacy: Aideen Landau
    Why: Pretty dull, never seems to do much but sit around drinking tea, and as good as tea is its not enough to keep me interested in this character.

That is all an example but feedback like that would be great, you can say as much as you want about why you do or do not like the character but please try not to use reasons like "because there the the only one I see" or "because Im affiliated with em" or just "because" those sorts of posts will not give any real feedback.
    Last edited by Pheats; May 27th, 2010 at 13:18:40.

Favorite OT Legacy: Robert Rosuma
    Why: Because he holds a tremendous amount of power over the planet. He is the only legacy leader, beside MAX, who does not always have to answer to Tarkhan Zora. This means that with one telephone call he can assume total control of Rubi-Ka – and how can you not like someone in a position like that?

Favorite Clan Legacy: Alan Jacobi
    Why: I was always partial to Jacobi despite having no direct interaction with him. From a distance I always viewed him as the antithesis of Trousers and the whole of Omni-Trans.

Favorite LTC: Node7352
    Why: The History of Omni-Trans, prior to having our name stolen by ARK, is full of dissent over principals and loyalty to the Corporation over Loyalty to your department. While the NPC hasn’t done much lately – which is kind of saddening – it was the reason I decided to come back and I hope to see more inter-corporation dissent in the future.

Least Favorite OT Legacy: Omni-Trans Director Baljian
    Why: I’ve witnessed a lot of spiteful acts in my time in RP, but she has to be one of the largest. The Legacy served absolutely no purpose other than to heckle me for OOC reasons. The player(s) behind her should be ashamed and so should the events department for allowing something this God awful to have happened.

Least Favorite Clan Legacy: Simon Silverstone
    Why: He’s pointless. If you’re going to have a Legacy Leader who’s supposed to rage against the neutrals have him rage against the neutrals. I’ve seen my fair share of Sents and Red Freedom attacking Omni-Tek but I don’t ever recall hearing of the Sents attacking Newland City, Borealis, Hope or any other area the neutrals occupy. I see him as a strawman and this makes him about as useful as AJ.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

First just noticed a funny mistake, you might want to correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    That is all an example but feedback like that would be great, you can say as much as you want about why you do or do not like the character but please try to use reasons like "because there the the only one I see" or "because Im affiliated with em" or just "because" those sorts of posts will not give any real feedback.
    Should be "please try not to use reasons like..."

MAX.
    Because he is so different from the rest. To me he symbolises what OT is supposed to be. From what little experience I have had with him and from what I've heard and read he is devout to Omni-Tek, a staunch loyal employee? his desicions are based entirely off logical and interpretation of the facts he has, with no emotional compromise. Something which i think i can get in touch with.
    I like the fact that he has a presence even though he isnt around much.
    His shadow hangs across Rubi-Ka. Almost everyone talks of him in hushed tones as if he is the bogey man because of this. He is also a bit of an engima, he is an android in position of great power as head of Omni-InternOps, who knows what he knows? Could he be listening to what were saying where ever we might be?
    He scares the crap out of me and i think i like that about the character.

Simon Silverstone.
    He is a man of principle, who takes and talks no nonsense. He has his reasons and is entirely focused on what he is about. I also see him as one of the big three. Him, Alan Jacobi and Henri Radimen seemed to be the real leaders of the Clans no matter what.
    He has reason to hate Omni-Tek, and the Neutrals. (Got to love that hate whenever i see him on a neutral character.)
    I also liked it that when neutrals were invited to go to a session of the Council of Turth he kept up with the wanting us either dead or gone. preferably the first.
    He also comes across as having a raging inferno within him barely kept in check, and stopped from bursting out and burning all those in his way. Though not a hot head, like Red Freedom could be described. (Edited to add i also like the goat skull hat, as it is really unique.)

Difficult one as i like many for different reasons.

Zephrem Toog King and General Hekkat, as they're more of a duo to me.
    They both come across as an average person doing the best he can, and not expecting anything more from anyone else. He always seems very laid back and easy going and easy to talk to and interact with, even though he is a busy business man at heart who would rather not see Newland become embroiled in anything but its own affairs.
    Toog is great because of his paunch and his calm demeanor, ready to play a mediator.
    Hekkat seems to be me like one of those big and powerful dogs which lets the kitten mess about and attempt to annoy him, but holds himself in check and only unleashing that power when necessary. He also seems to take no nonsense as well, or at least instantly dismisses anything which is a waste of time and not a threat to Newland. I think im seeing a trend here with the characters i like..

Who is your least favourite Omni-Tek Legacy and why?

Difficult as i havent met alot of them, or met them enough to have a decently informed opinion on them, and overall the LTC's are pretty good.

Jessica Lonare.
    Because I'm really sure of what is motivating her and the relatively little power she seems to have. She seems squishy and insecure where she should surely be the opposite and confident, surely to reach sucha position as she holds she would have had to fight hard for it know what she was about. She also seemed to have little other depth to her.
    Then again I love to hate her, as she is head of Omni-Tek in Borealis and thus something of a target for my character to attack, even if my character believes her to be a figurehead.

Sylvesster the talking reet.
    I never got to the bottom of it's story but it always stuck me as a really really weird character. It just didnt seem to fit with AO that well in my opinion, leave the talking animals for a different game. AO is science fiction, yes a combination of science and fiction, where the impossible is possible. But a talking reet? with that high level cognative function. And if he was yet another escaped Omni-Med experiment, they really need to work on their security measures. It was humourous at best to me which is the only reason i rped with it.
    Last edited by Lasliana; May 27th, 2010 at 15:08:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    First just noticed a funny mistake, you might want to correct.

Should be "please try not to use reasons like..."
    shhh no you didn't...

Sylvester isn't a legacy, though I dont mind hearing which regular LTC's you dont like either... also can't reets talk to a point like leets can?

shhh no you didn't...

Also sylvester isn't a legacy
    But i didnt like him!
    Most of them are well thought out and well played.

Fair do, personally not a fan of the cutesy animal ones myself... but some people like em..

Fair do, personally not a fan of the cutesy animal ones myself... but some people like em..
    Guess I am guilty, hehe He was one of my favorites.

Pretty hard. It's Max or Eva. If I have to pick one I have to say Eva Pourais. She is the "caring mother" that sometimes have to set some of the young ones on the right path. The carracter has both warm and cold sides

The only one I have ever meet is Silverstone a few years ago so I cant really say much about them

Think I have said it before. Tinkerbots without a doubt. Sad that she isn't around anymore
    I had some pretty long and good conversations with her and she could drive a person mad with her pink obsession. The carracter had good depth and was much more complicated than you should think from the surface.

Who is your least favourite Omni-Tek Legacy and why? I dont realy have any candidate, but if I had to pick one I guess it would be Rosuma. I have never really been a fan of the millitary

Again I cant really say
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Favorite OT Legacy:
    McVert - The way he came across on DNW was just perfect. A genius with no morals at all, someone you just loved to hate.

Least favorite OT Legacy:
    Ivan - A russian who likes his vodka too much, maybe with a hidden sadistic streak in charge of the police force...stereotyping much?

Favorite LTC:
    Alerich vom Walde (once again DNW only) - A lunatic who predicted the end of everything and talked to everyone about it...or just a wall if no one was around or interacting with him. His antics were just so much fun to watch. "The end is near!"

Okay I'll bite, even if I should be working
    Most of my reasons are personal and pertain to my interactions with them.

Omni Legacy
    Well I don't really know any of them cause ya know Neutral. But I'll say Ivan only cause he dropped the charges on Foos.

Clan Legacy
    Silverstone, only cause of that special relationship between him and Foos.
    And I'm going to get on that Christmas card list if it's the last thing I do!

Sure Pheats leave out the Neuts, granted only two but still come on man.
    Hard call between Toog and Hekkat. Maybe Toog cause a good argument between Foos and Toog can always be fun.

Favorite LTC
    Do I even need to say it? Alright Tinkerbots, but other then obvious reasons. I like Tinker the most cause I felt she promoted RP the best. You didn't need to know a lot about storyline, she was easy to talk to. And she did get a lot of people that never rped into rp, or at least got them to check it out to see if that was for them. More LTCs like this are needed. Well just more LTCs are needed. As I see them as the main promotional tool for Events and RP in this game.

For the most part I like all the LTCs, I think they do a great job and are some excellent RPers.
    And I like Turms a lot too, but mainly cause so many find him hard to talk too and that just gives me a chuckle. Turms is really pretty easy to interact with if you know how to talk to him.

As for Least favorites
    I really don't have any. I don't know the Legacy's well enough to really have an opinion.
    But from a character perspective, Zawar would be my least favorite LTCs. But Zawar knows all too well the "love" Foos has for him.
    Honestly ooc I do like that character a lot, he's such a sleazy villain, and my hat goes off to the ark behind him. Playing that kind of character can be very hard and draining on you.

Alright I need to stop screwing off and get back to work.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Funcom employee

Technically only OT and Clan have "Legacy Leaders" - Those being the Clan/Department heads (and people such as Zora or Radiman). Any other recurring Events characters are, internally, considered LTCs (Long-Term Characters). =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

M'mm H'mm. More Neutral Hate. We see how it is..

Edit: Hopefully to prevent a long drawn out explanation of what 'legacy' means, which we all understand, I'd like to point out I'm busting your balls.
    Last edited by Trousers; May 27th, 2010 at 16:28:55.

Were discriminated against, everyone hates us!.
    First Simon and the Sentinels, then Omni-Tek and now Funcom shows their true colours!. Its all because we decided to be outside the box i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Technically only OT and Clan have "Legacy Leaders" - Those being the Clan/Department heads (and people such as Zora or Radiman). Any other recurring Events characters are, internally, considered LTCs (Long-Term Characters). =)
    Okay this is one of those things that makes me want to scream. See now over the years I've been told differently.
    There is so much misinformation, one day it's this and one day it's that. I know I was told by Events that Toog is a Legacy, and both him and Hekkat are listed on the main site with the other Legacies.

Now if you're saying it's not the case, that's fine. But this is one of the main problems with RP in AO. Lack of concrete source martial, or if it's there it's not being shared. It always seems like FC, Events, and players all have different ideas on how things work, what is and what isn't.
    Not to derail the thread, but it's like "just what do the clanners do with their notum?" First they could ship if off world, then they couldn't. Too many times does it seem too many people are confused over things that should be well known facts that should be easy to get too.
    I'm not going to get started on changes in the timeline.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Perhaps he was an LTC when he was created and the Elections were going on, Toog is now the head of a faction group which have players that report to him. If that doesn't classify as a 'leader' I think we all have grounds to lose faith in the RP System.

They are classed as legacys for our rules, their just not as impressive as the others...

There relatively new and dont really hold much power compared to the others... plus their neutrals! (I kid!)

The reason I didn't put a question about them is because there is only 2 that could be considered and there not really that separable.
    Last edited by Pheats; May 27th, 2010 at 16:47:17.

Kintaii says No, Pheats says Yes.

*gets popcorn and sits back*

Ya see what I mean? LOL

Funcom employee

So maybe we *should* standardize this sorta thing.... >.>
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Just call them all Long Term storyline Characters and be done with it.

Think the main reason its a bit muddled with the newland ones is because they were never meant to be permenant (or at least Toog wasn't) which is something that we will be bringing up in due course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast