Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Questions? Ask!

A simple token, that can be named differently depending on the event/date, a kind of "I was here" token could be an option. When I partake in an event, it's not to get a headline on IRRK or phatz, it's to be part of the story and have good memories of the fun I had. Having such a token would be a nice "Forget me not" to remember it by.

Wow, you guys are quick...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    After the first few months of the meetings were done we often found ourselves sitting there scratching our heads and asking "Ok, uh... now what?"
    Now? You give players the tools and references to build a good event proposal, of course! The boundaries which ARK needs to work within when it comes to events can be stated so that players don't end up with a refusal because their event could not be done with working parameters.

When people understand, they are usually more willing to support than when they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As noted above, with part of my desire being to decentralize the roleplaying in AO a bit, I think that sort of thing might get a little easier
    I'm reading "decentralizing RP" in a more than one way. Decentralizing can also be done by supporting incoming ideas from player base. Granted, you'll probably still receive some... inconsistencies, but there could at least be elements that could be used to spark events.

Since I enlisted my toon in the CoT, I have made it clear that not only a chosen few could send email to ARK-Events, and I posted the address, so that RP would not be funneled through two or three individuals. That was an attempt at decentralizing RP from any potential circle of select few, by promoting a line of communication so that players could give it a shot. Was it effective? I don't know, I don't read ARK mail Was it worth it? If only for the choice it leaves to contact ARK or not, hell yes.

If possible, try to implement things that can be kept up with... If you set that players must wait for ARKs' green light or decision before specific things can be done, then make sure that these players receive that decision. If it can't be done, then it's like sending people in a dead-end. "They said I had to wait for approval before sending the names, and if the event is to happen, we need approval of these names... I've been waiting for 3 months now and the names are still not approved..." (not an actual example, just a fictive one).

You may or may not have the manpower to do as much as you'd like, but I'm inclined to think that focusing on stepping stone elements and making them work out will save a lot of time and energy, on the long run. Hey, might increase the player base in the roleplaying community and, why not, in the ARK program

Question:

Inside of the Pyramid behind the Temple of Home are a portal and The Building Block of All Life.

Will more emphasis be placed on the Importance of Home and explaining it either through Dynamic Events or Static Story?
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Question:

Inside of the Pyramid behind the Temple of Home are a portal and The Building Block of All Life.

Will more emphasis be placed on the Importance of Home and explaining it either through Dynamic Events or Static Story?
    Your making that up. The really mystery is who shot ross, and whats in that damn CoH chest, they gave us a broken key to. And im guessing it was Kintaii who made that key
    Last edited by Lasliana; May 29th, 2010 at 22:49:49.

I have a question.

Is there anyone in Events who can play in North America time zone evenings?

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Question:

The Bloooooooock... /bows head solemnly in reflection.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Trivia: At one time (pre-SL) that block was located inside an incon****uous building in Home, because I found it in a mission. NPCs could hit over it for melee damage, but I couldn't cast over it, most likely due to the overwhelming power of the Source. After the portals to the Shadowlands were opened, the block was moved across the city and into the Temple for safe keeping.

Regarding events and continuity: Sometimes story arcs just seem to be dropped for no apparent reason...for instance, several of us had a mission from the MICEE5 events, but once we got all the items we were supposed to have, nothing happened...going on two years now, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    I have a question.

Is there anyone in Events who can play in North America time zone evenings?
    We have a couple, but not as many as would like, the team is very much predominately european.

And Keldros, as happens often arks leave and without enough information to carry on storys they made, as such they often get dropped or changed beyond recognition.

We try not to let this happen but there's a limit to what we can do, specially if characters integeral to the story become unavailable.

I have a question, I think it would fall under rp.
    So how come FC changed the org naming rules so you can't using Omni in the names anymore?
    I don't want to get into how it was done over night and nobody was told about it.
    But I would like to know some reason as to why this change took place.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    And Keldros, as happens often arks leave and without enough information to carry on storys they made, as such they often get dropped or changed beyond recognition.

We try not to let this happen but there's a limit to what we can do, specially if characters integeral to the story become unavailable.
    I'm wondering if ARKs who play LTCs report the logs of their interactions. These can be added in an LTC character file, either after each session online or on a fixed time basis, but regularly.

It may be a lot of reading to do for the ARK taking relay of an LTC, but they could have at least something to work from.

Logs are in .txt format, so they can be searched with standard search options. If a specific name is searched, it can be found if present in a log. From there, a couple of chat softwares can filter chat logs as needed.

Just a thought.

Yep logs are generally kept, specially on the major characters that often get transferred but you can't always get everything from a log that made up a character.

And also there's plenty of LTC's we cannot transfer to new people even if they know how to play em.

So still waiting on that answer on how much leeway we're allowed with coming up with inconsequential source material.
    I have a few projects I'm working on, and would just like to know how far I can really go with something without getting anyones panties in a bunch.

For example who, when and how made Newland City? Other planets? Purpulsion systems being used for space travel. What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen chriop?
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

That's a question I'd ideally like to let Kintaii answer (or at least have a discussion with him about if first)

With regards to the RSS, who has permission to publish Articles? I only ask as an article i had written today was revised and then validated practically straight away - cookies to Nin for the speedyness! But after all day it hasn't been published?

I'm not complaining, im pleased with the speed of the RSS atm. Just being a curious cat :P
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

It takes more than one editor/publisher to review any single article for publication. This also makes sure that something that would be missed by one, has a chance to be caught by the second pair of eyes before it actually hits the forums. We have worked hard to make this process happen much quicker than it had in the past. And I am a workaholic........
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Ah i see Thankyou, and theres no doubt about it being quicker! Used to take up to 2 weeks at one time to get an article out (no offence) now it's 2 - 3 days :P Love it

@Agentcora:

Director of Omni-Pol Alpha Division? Please 'splain There's quite a few things I don't know about the structure of Omni-Pol, I wasn't aware of that Division, so I'm curious.

Alpha Division technically doens't physically exist anymore ingame, the actuall org was disband when i previously left. However members of it still exist thus Alpha Division lives and is currently just an IC org, whereas my current "The loony Bin" is just ooc. As for Alpha Divission itself it is just a local division of Omni-Pol, seperate to the core division where only ARKs can play

yeah so I got a question about Newland.... (yeah yeah as always)

Foosball33: I take it you work here?
    Dante Karall: That I do! Lease holder and bartender extraordinaire - The most awesome of the awesome, friend to billions and your most righteous host Dante Karall. Totally at your service, dude.
    Foosball33: So you own the place?
    Dante Karall: Well, sorta.

The ICC actually owns the place - They pretty much hold the rights and stuff to joints like this out in neutral areas. But anyone who's got the cash can get ahold of the lease and claim the place for their own; you gotta pay a monthly fee to keep your name on the lease, but as long as the ICC sees that the place is being taken care of and stuff they're totally cool with whatever, you know?

So, like, I had some cash saved up and I decided to give it a shot - Next thing you know, I'm the dude in charge! It's been totally, totally sweet - Get to hang out with all sorts of cool peeps, watch the GSP parties goin' down, and all the beer I can drink!

Umm yeah someone want to explain this? Now is this just Dante being clueless, or did someone just say, "To hell with the storyline, I like this idea best lets go with it"?

I could say more but I'll pass on the forum infraction...

Funcom employee

Explain to me where its wrong and what part of established storyline it contradicts and I may look into changing it.

(and yes, will answer other questions in this thread when I've got a bit of time - as for now its nearing 6am and I'm going to actually try to sleep. ;P)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast