Thread: NPC Question/Discussion Hut

NPC Question/Discussion Hut

In the little village close to the Mining headquarter in Clon**** there is a npc that is called Halle Ford. He is a clanner. ( Pos: 867.3, 4040.3, 11.2, Area: Clon****.) In his dialog he says among other things:

Odis Mady over at the notum cannon facilities has graciously allowed us to stay here, as long as we dont do anything to disrupt his operation. I try to tell all clan-members who come by here not to make a fuzz. It'll only reflect badly on out little colony here.

He seems unfinnished, like there was a plan with him and when you ask: I have another question. it just stops and you dont get any options.

Do anyone know the plan around this npc . Why it is there and his story?(Or if there was any plan or story).
    I have always been curious about this npc
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Who/what is 'Jane Law'?

lvl 200 NPC in Bliss. Won't talk to any of my chars. Not a blue name.

Funcom employee

Went ahead and merged the two separate posts, as they're dealing with the same topic - Might as well encourage others to post on the same topic in a centralized thread. =)

First off, the easier one:

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    lvl 200 NPC in Bliss. Won't talk to any of my chars. Not a blue name.
    Looks like it's an NPC that was placed out for something to do with the Daily Missions, but was never actually used for anything. Just consider it another random person hanging around for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    In the little village close to the Mining headquarter in Clon**** there is a npc that is called Halle Ford. He is a clanner. ( Pos: 867.3, 4040.3, 11.2, Area: Clon****.) In his dialog he says among other things:

Odis Mady over at the notum cannon facilities has graciously allowed us to stay here, as long as we dont do anything to disrupt his operation. I try to tell all clan-members who come by here not to make a fuzz. It'll only reflect badly on out little colony here.

He seems unfinnished, like there was a plan with him and when you ask: I have another question. it just stops and you dont get any options.

Do anyone know the plan around this npc . Why it is there and his story?(Or if there was any plan or story).
    I have always been curious about this npc
    Oi.

Ok, looking at the character in our tools, it looks like the chat was created in 2002 - Looooooooooong time back. It doesn't look like he was actually created for any specific purpose: Nothing in his chatter seems to point to him having had a questline tied to him at any point, nor does any of the annotations on his chat/NPC entry mention anything about a quest. Looks like he was mostly just designed as a filler/chatter NPC - Something I wish we had more of in-game, honestly.

You're right, though, in that his dialog *does* kinda just... end. And looking over his chat in the tool it's a right mess. I dunno - Maybe if I get some spare time and a wild hair up my rear I'll go back and rework his dialog tree at some point. Might even give him some clothes. ;P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Why is there a bunch of Omni Guards in Newland Desert, Pos: 3020.4, 1823.7, 26.6, Area: treacherous turf.
    I've never found a reason for their presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    Why is there a bunch of Omni Guards in Newland Desert, Pos: 3020.4, 1823.7, 26.6, Area: treacherous turf.
    Probably put there to balance out the Clan outpost just a few hundred meters away. Great fun can be had by training one group of NPC's onto the other.

Indeed its a good past time.

EEP! So went into Neuters and the chairs are broken! I know this is an NPC thread.. but I doubt anyone but RP folks would even notice. Beware that table - you'll land flat on your rear!

-Fali
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

I also found it very difficult to target either Dante Karall and the Bartender in there. Its like the whole PF is out of sync, and theyre almost stuck behind an invisible wall.

Funcom employee

Yeah, Neuters is a little bit borked at the moment... it may get fixed in our next update, but I'm honestly not sure at the moment - Will have to check when I get back to the office on Monday.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I also found it very difficult to target either Dante Karall and the Bartender in there. Its like the whole PF is out of sync, and theyre almost stuck behind an invisible wall.
    Confirmed, I had to move behind Krall to select him. I tried as much as I could to target it while standing in front of him and I couldn't.

The door in the rock behind them is one of those QL5 dungeons, like all the "restricted access" doors in omni and clan cities. IIRC, all the NPCs inside are omni.

But, those omni guards also (along with the named omni NPC who stands behind them) used to march into the clan outpost and fight the guards there years ago. Every time they died, they respawned back by the rock and began marching toward the outpost again.

I wish I had been able to see what would happen if the omni NPCs made it past the watchers by the bridge. Sometime near the release of SL their behavior was changed so they would only stand in one place, and I was still too low-level to risk attacking the watchers to find out.

I don't know why their behavior was ever changed to make them stand still--it was always kind of fun to watch the two sides fight, and sometimes I still have to aggro the omnis and train them to the clan outpost just for old time's sake.
    Last edited by Keldros; May 30th, 2010 at 09:49:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Great fun can be had by training one group of NPC's onto the other.
    On a related note, when in 4Holes try blinding Brian Horn, then training him toward the Unionists and/or whompahs. Great hilarity ensues.

Devs should put more stuff like that into contested areas on RK and SL--little NPC battles like that breathe new life into the conflicts of the game. ((And to go one step further, it would make some great lowbie quests if PCs had to provide some sort of support service to one side or the other))
    Last edited by Keldros; May 30th, 2010 at 09:30:24.

Other fun NPCs: (only works for neutral/omni)

When visiting APF, talk to the bartender. Pump him for all the information you can get about the Unicorns and why their dropships can fly in the outzones while yalms can't.

Then when you can't find out any more from him, see what the Unicorn Security Administrator will tell you on the same subject.

After things settle down, try talking to the bartender again.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Other fun NPCs: (only works for neutral/omni)

When visiting APF, talk to the bartender. Pump him for all the information you can get about the Unicorns and why their dropships can fly in the outzones while yalms can't.

Then when you can't find out any more from him, see what the Unicorn Security Administrator will tell you on the same subject.

After things settle down, try talking to the bartender again.
    I've done that one before lol.

Oh, hehe. When you talk to Rita Deluth in the barcrawl mission and she ask if you are some kind of leet activist it should be an opition to say yes
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

I just got reminded of this but.
    Why the hell are the NPC's in that special room in the new underground bar Clan?
    If theyre Criminals, theyre more likely to be Neutral.
    If theyre part of the Battlestations fixing theyre more likely to be Neutral to be able to fight for either side.
    If theyre Borealis Freedom Fighters, they are Neutral.

Please explain why you have clan NPC's in a special bit of a neutral bar? as it makes no sense to me.

Funcom employee

Those NPCs should be neutral, aye, and was probably just an oversight in exporting the NPCs - Easily fixable, though, and I can hopefully get it changed in the next update.

As for who these guys are... think about it for a few.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As for who these guys are... think about it for a few.
    neutral BS side hopers that want only farm VictoryPoints and are always joining winning side and then slack inside?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Every single profession is underpowered when compared to advys. Learn to live with it. At last they dont alphakill you so you are not underpowered but rather somewhere near the very top of the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by unback View Post
    neutral BS side hopers that want only farm VictoryPoints and are always joining winning side and then slack inside?
    Wrong forum