Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 28th, 2010- Concealment please

Regarding the 'stuck in sneak' issue, it seems to occur most often when you try to sneak and AS almost simultaneously. I've ended up with this often as i have sneak as 2 and AS as 3 on my agent's hotbars, hope that helps reproduce the issue a little easier.
    Khione ::::::: 220|24|70 ::: Lich
    Cynical :::::: 219|24|66 ::: Finalizer
    Scyra :::::::: 218|18|44 ::: Field Marshal
    Oussrahel :::: 174|13|42 ::: CEO
    Lithhium ::::: 168|06|14 ::: Minister
    Tethaealla ::: 126|07|35 ::: Vigilante

Looking at a previous post on running into mish rooms and sneakign to AS and bugging up it reminds me how i aimed shot out of habit and get this bug alsowhere ive done the special and im still shootign and gettign hit but i mstill in sneak.
    I would have to think this is related to the mob not percieving the player in the area, the player hitting sneak but aimed shot so fast afterwards that the aimed shot must hit before sneak initiates with the server or monsters checklist leaving you with a landed aimed shot which is easy to do from max range(or running into a room quickly and tabbing mobs fast with spammed as button) without being percieved or in sneak but also stuck in sneak.
    What would of happened before recent patches i think would be the aimed shot would hit without the agent in sneak and the mob would aggro fast enough that sneak would not be initiated(or the agent would be taken out of sneak) so it sounds like some lag with server(maybe sneak isnt initiating fast enough or something in the mechanic was changed?) and client as Means stated i think in the op.

I havent tried this yet but an idea to test is as someone said roll an rk mish run into a room tabbing and spamming the O key and hit h as you enter the room inside the door.That might recreate the effect nearly every time.
    Last edited by torakx; May 28th, 2010 at 17:24:23.

So about this new 150-200 dungeon. Is it immediately imminent, or do I need to add it to my signature?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    So about this new 150-200 dungeon. Is it immediately imminent, or do I need to add it to my signature?
    I think you already know the answer to that!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    I vote add it!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

"Stuck in sneak" issue :

Should happens MOSTLY in missions, with doors, etc, but can happen outdoor too.

I think it happens when you are able to AS a mob without sneaking in the first place, but fact is that you still sneak cause sneak is on "1" of your hotbar and AS is on "2". So you very quickly hit sneak followed by AS in 0.01 seconds. You will often get stuck in sneak after that, which means you ll be landing regular hit but still visually be in sneak, walk slowly like in sneak mode, and have the sneak button hotkey visually on.

However, the sneak timer cooldown still starts at the 1st hit on your ennemy.

It does happen to me 90% of the time in situations where you rush in mission, open door, sneak + AS very quickly before the mob realised you was here, or even aggroed anyone. I repeat, in case you devs wasn't aware of that, if you try to AS a mob very quickly after opening LoS on it, you don't need to sneak to AS in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    I vote add it!
    Seconded.

P.S.: ZOMG FIRST LOOLLOLOLOLOLOLO!
    Muank - 220/22/66 enfo.

When will the team begin work on the balancing of AO professions and mechanics?

Means,

I have a couple questions:

1. Any chance that there will be any adjustments done to the research caps for level 220's.. especially for level 9 and 10 research. This question is more specifically regarding the daily missions (they work differently on live than they did on test) but if you can comment on the inferno mission rewards also that would be great.

2. When will the new playfield be fully functioning (messages to let you know whose city you're entering, beacon warp working, no more unknown pf)?
    Last edited by Traderjill; May 28th, 2010 at 18:05:45.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Funny thing is Burden has been dropping off backyard leets for the past couple of weeks. I got all my alts hooked up - there's still time before they fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    2. When will the new playfield be fully functioning (messages to let you know whose city you're entering, beacon warp working, no more unknown pf)?
    ^ This

Also, any chance we can get a counter added to the "Rats!" daily mission? becomes a pain having to run back to the exterminator over and over to check if iv hit 100 or not
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Hopefully that patch next week will also include finishing up 3 Craters (the zone with no discernable craters in it now).

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Funny thing is Burden has been dropping off backyard leets for the past couple of weeks. I got all my alts hooked up - there's still time before they fix it!
    Same here, all my mules got a burden now! So awesome!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Issue we would like help with:

We have had reports of players becoming "stuck" in sneak-mode and having to manually cancel this state to exit it. We have managed to reproduce this...but at a rate that is incredibly rare and not nearly predictable enough for us to be able to fix it. If this happens to you on a regular basis it would be great if you could try and let us know exactly what the circumstances are...as this would be incredibly helpful in our efforts to remove the issue.
    My suggestion: make a 220 agent with ~3k conceal and just go kill stuff. it happens to me like every few sneak attempts - (mind that i recently only do aliens both arid and apf's), also happend once or twice in bs - it doesnt matter if i tried to AS mob from sneak or just use normal attack/fling if my conceal was to low for AS; only pressing h again would end the state and produce "you end sneaking' message. didnt notice if it affect concealment lock timer or not. if you want more info or research subject feel free to contact me.

have a good weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Every single profession is underpowered when compared to advys. Learn to live with it. At last they dont alphakill you so you are not underpowered but rather somewhere near the very top of the food chain.

WTB armor and weapon types dropping in new dungeon.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

*wonders why FC can't focus more on rebalancing than adding new playfields.*

and 150-200? why not add a alien playfield for the lower level's?

i know i know there is alot of coding involved with rebalancing.. but adding just more won't make the reabalancing easy...

since the more istances/dungeons/playfields and uniqe encounters you add the harder it will be to do the rebalancing, couse you have to re-code every encounter to reflect changes on each professions ^^

just my thoughts on everything.

then again Thanks for a new playfield and rather quick bug fixes that has come latley ^^

Regarding: stuck in sneak mode

in past three days, i've had this happen at least 2 or 3 dozen times on my trader (that i can recall). only thing i can think of is that i like to hit sneak while im still running and then spam aimshot hotkey immediately after while still moving around until aimshot goes off (usually happens against orange mobs where i have to spam AS)

on the other hand, it could be just random if its happening to everyone.

p.s. - can't wait to see burden mysteriously dropping off ely hecks when it gets back into loot table
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

When you fix concealment, please fix an other bug, too.

At the moment, you can´t sneak, when your Intelligence-Skill is locked...
    RK1
    Corrgard 220 Doc
    Corgard 220 MA
    Corgards 220 MA
    Corgard1 168 Froob-MA

RK3
    nothing more

A new APF for the 150-200 range sounds good. Please don't make it into another S10 type zone though. It may be better to make it instanced like the others than open like S10. Be good if it focused more on AXP than phat loot. Sure it could throw out the odd nice toy but nothing too major.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    BTW.

Are there any other noteworthy items missing from loottables?

Any encounters we shouldnt bother with until next week?

(Imagine if you couldnt get invasion plans to drop, man that would be one pissed off raidforce)
    Be good to know that.

------------

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    It has been stated that it should go in on the next patch which he now said is next week. So apparently next week or the week after if they don't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    WTB armor and weapon types dropping in new dungeon.
    This and...

Any news on newly emerged (old school) pet bugs being looked into as well? Some of the details are on the MP forum section.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast