Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 28th, 2010- Concealment please

Alium Dungeons \o/

Great stuff..keep it up!
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

new playfield sounds great. why not, instead of bounties though, have the same type of quests that sector 10 has, but reward you with an nice lump of creds. ie, kill 50 ensigns, receive 10 mil. this would do 2 things:

first, it would stop people from camping spots for long periods of time

second, it would reward teaming up with others, rather than current soloing for creds/loot that is sector 10.

It may not be a perfect solution, but it is a far better step in the right direction than how things work in sector 10. sector 10 rewards those who have the creds to twink, to be able to make the creds.

when you see the poor level 150 keeper with a ql 150 kyr sword and carb armor getting instakilled by gradeII's, you feel sorry for them, but the design is against them from the beginning, and they're probably trying to make credits like the rest of us, and teaming up doesn't really help their cause that much either, because loot in sector 10 in a full team can be disappointing.

years back, i made alot of credits farming pearls, while constantly getting trained by 220's who would spam "get out of dungeon now!" at you in vicinity/tells/ooc etc. sector 10 is no more civil than that from my experiences there (and im probably guilty of doing many things in sector 10 as well).

the only solution is to promote teaming by making it worth the while and to make teaming more rewarding than soloing. You could make it instanced, you could... but its also an opportunity to bring people back together, socializing and teaming randomly to have fun. it could even become a higher level version of what totw used to be when it used to be retardly busy. either way, the "mine mine mine" attitude that is prevelant with sector 10, should be heavily considered with making the new sector.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; May 28th, 2010 at 22:20:37.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    It has been stated that it should go in on the next patch which he now said is next week. So apparently next week or the week after if they don't make it.
    Where was that stated? Not saying it isn't true.. I'd just like to read the posting because there might be other info there I also seemed to have missed.

Thanks in advance.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

oh now wait a minute....

If the solitus head people aren't building the new engine, and the 150-200 instance developers aren't concentrating on rebalancing then where the hell are the people you employ to rebalance and the people you employ to do the graphics.... because surely you have programmers and graphics designers and neither seem to be working on what we want.

In fact, you seem to be developing another instance that will get playtime for about a week, for rewards you can't put in game for fear of unbalancing even more prior to the rebalancing.

I would like to point you to the guy in front of me in this thread with the dates in his sig and ask you what the hell you are playing at inventing brand new user requirements when the entire user base would love for you to be moving forward with rebalancing and engine.

Why keep inventing new requirements when you have 3 years of promises to make up....

Oh, and 150-200? really? No-one but no-one sticks around at these levels because Penumbra is dead due to the completely unbalanced SK of 220 inferno missions. How about putting one of your few personnel who you employ to program on this, or are we a little top heavy with head designers / grass designers and tree designers to have anyone left for actual programming work.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    This and...

Any news on newly emerged (old school) pet bugs being looked into as well? Some of the details are on the MP forum section.
    And it takes until page 3 to be brought up. This is probably a good sign for FC that they've ****ed up MPs so much that no one even bothers playing one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ... msyteriously...
    Spelling.

....Mysteriously...

as in ''my spelling did mysteriously go wrong''

Report nr. 1235412512. Iceland, 28.05.2010.

I demand Bugsy points. NAO!
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by DePreach View Post
    oh now wait a minute....

If the solitus head people aren't building the new engine, and the 150-200 instance developers aren't concentrating on rebalancing then where the hell are the people you employ to rebalance and the people you employ to do the graphics.... because surely you have programmers and graphics designers and neither seem to be working on what we want.
    Well, the graphics artists working on the heads (in Bejing) have nothing to do with the engine coders, while the Oslo graphics artists are working on the new bodies and new textures. As for the 150-200 instance, I don't see there is any indication that it is anything more than internal discussion yet. I assume the Dev's are primarily working on bugs/rebalancing/new player experience. The engine coders (not to be confused with either graphic artists or developers) are working on the engine, as always (the part about converting old playfields into the new, stand-alone client and planting grass and trees and such).

That accounts for everyone, it appears.

Thanks for the update means... good to hear of the work taking place on the new dungeon, etc.

Just wanted to mention and I'm sure that it's been brought up before.. the daily missions are great. I have a few toons that partake on a regular basis.

On that note though... pre-175 the daily missions give good xp, and combined with the BS mission you can get a decent amount of xp in a day, even if a team isn't running at the time you are on. However, things take a pretty serious hit post 175. Because BS isn't running during this time, and you don't quite qualify for the 200+ missions, you hit a hard place. for people that can just go chill in Inferno and do missions it won't have much impact, but on a portion of the population that aren't having as much assistance it will.

I think you mentioned it previously, but at that current rate it would be really nice if the 175s - 200s could do a few different mission types a day (or w/e) so that while their progress slows down, it doesn't stagnate totally.

Oh, and on a side note. Another thing that I think you mentioned, but it would be really nice to choose between the easy and more complicated missions. Dual logging so that I can take my 133 crat down to smugglers to kill mobs 30 levels higher that group agro quite easily is less preferable than something he/she could do itself.

Still though, love the updates and the improvements that we have seen.

Kinda pissed that we have to wait another week (really 2+ weeks in you consider patch day) in order to loot burden again. Some of us are waiting on that item only to be able to finish twinking some of the harder stats (psy, intel..)
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Stuck in sneak

When I sit while sneaking.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Current plan is to get this version to TestLive as soon as possible with the intention of seeing it hit the live servers next week. This version should see further tweaks to daily missions (rewards at multiple stages of multiple step missions, no longer having to return to the agency after deleting a mission), Conceal checks and more.
    Wow, I feel bad for agents and shades. Funcom keeps them broken for 2-3 weeks as if it's no big deal and makes them wait on a patch with several other fixes before getting fixed themselves.

I wonder how "Means & Co." would feel if they had to wait beforehand for 5-10 seconds every time they wanted to make a simple action IRL...

...oh wait, based on how long the new engine is taking, I'm guessing they very well know how it feels.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Wow, I feel bad for agents and shades. Funcom keeps them broken for 2-3 weeks as if it's no big deal and makes them wait on a patch with several other fixes before getting fixed themselves.
    Cry for MPs -- their bugs haven't even been acknowledged yet, and the profession is unplayable at the moment.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Funny thing is Burden has been dropping off backyard leets for the past couple of weeks. I got all my alts hooked up - there's still time before they fix it!
    I was wondering why every backyard was being camped by 220s today.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Triskweline View Post
    Cry for MPs -- their bugs haven't even been acknowledged yet, and the profession is unplayable at the moment.
    Wow. I didn't know about the MP issues since last patch until you said that.

I guess they gave up caring....all evidence points to that anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    i was wondering why every backyard was being camped by 220s today.
    omw.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Now, now, that's not entirely true...

my 220 MP is still useful for healpet'ing my alts..

Where are the new heads?
    Now I am disappointed -.-.^^
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Come on Means. Let them check those pets and fix them along with conceal/burden issue.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

The whole pets being messed up thing affects all pet users. It's like we're back to where we were like a couple of years ago when you had to wait for your pets to show up if you ran longer than a few meters, and sometimes they don't show up no matter how long you wait. Which was the norm for years. Then they fixed it for the most part... And now they broke it again, yay.

Yay for ninja breaking stuff?
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

Means, regarding the 150-200 alien zone, will that be something coming soonish or something like the coming PvP zones which were first mentioned in March 2009 along some other things we haven't seen yet, like new non-PvP VP gains?

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Where was that stated? Not saying it isn't true.. I'd just like to read the posting because there might be other info there I also seemed to have missed.

Thanks in advance.
    It was in the 18.3.4 patch notes also mentioned here regarding the beacon warp problem. While I remembered it as the next update the actual wording was "an upcoming update." Although after exploit and emergency patches it stands to reason it would come in the next planed patch.

---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Drmorte View Post
    On that note though... pre-175 the daily missions give good xp, and combined with the BS mission you can get a decent amount of xp in a day, even if a team isn't running at the time you are on. However, things take a pretty serious hit post 175. Because BS isn't running during this time, and you don't quite qualify for the 200+ missions, you hit a hard place. for people that can just go chill in Inferno and do missions it won't have much impact, but on a portion of the population that aren't having as much assistance it will.
    There are DOJA chips in SL from plain outside mobs, Alappa, Alb and Pand to try to farm for lvl 1-220 chars and another type in team Dark Ruins for lvl 150-200 chars (the DR chip is on it's own lockout timer). It was also said elite missions for below lvl 200 chars will be added later (you're not going to ask me to look that reference up for you too, are you?). Then if you're counting BS/VP missions they don't really work prior to 150 any better than they work in the 175-209 range. Which is why so many were disappointed once they found out they were BS dependent rather than BS independent.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast