Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 28th, 2010- Concealment please

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Actually it's more 1-5 seconds, which is quite interesting really when you consider that they were planning on putting a ~3 second execution on it anyway with the rebalancing.

Gives some insight into how annoying the ~3 second AS is going to be, doesn't it?
    when concealment is "fixed" agents will be screwed pvm wise, too... don't forget that.
    i doubt hammering the AS button while hitting "H" was ever intended, but without it - it will be like "let's gather an inf team!" - "there's a 216 agent and a 168 soldier on lft" - "take soldier for dmg"
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    when concealment is "fixed" agents will be screwed pvm wise, too... don't forget that.
    i doubt hammering the AS button while hitting "H" was ever intended, but without it - it will be like "let's gather an inf team!" - "there's a 216 agent and a 168 soldier on lft" - "take soldier for dmg"
    Agents will have an extra attack + repeatable AS for PvM....I think it's better to wait for it to hit live then to assume that it will be less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    new playfield sounds great. why not, instead of bounties though, have the same type of quests that sector 10 has, but reward you with an nice lump of creds. ie, kill 50 ensigns, receive 10 mil. this would do 2 things:

first, it would stop people from camping spots for long periods of time

second, it would reward teaming up with others, rather than current soloing for creds/loot that is sector 10.

It may not be a perfect solution, but it is a far better step in the right direction than how things work in sector 10. sector 10 rewards those who have the creds to twink, to be able to make the creds.

when you see the poor level 150 keeper with a ql 150 kyr sword and carb armor getting instakilled by gradeII's, you feel sorry for them, but the design is against them from the beginning, and they're probably trying to make credits like the rest of us, and teaming up doesn't really help their cause that much either, because loot in sector 10 in a full team can be disappointing.

years back, i made alot of credits farming pearls, while constantly getting trained by 220's who would spam "get out of dungeon now!" at you in vicinity/tells/ooc etc. sector 10 is no more civil than that from my experiences there (and im probably guilty of doing many things in sector 10 as well).

the only solution is to promote teaming by making it worth the while and to make teaming more rewarding than soloing. You could make it instanced, you could... but its also an opportunity to bring people back together, socializing and teaming randomly to have fun. it could even become a higher level version of what totw used to be when it used to be retardly busy. either way, the "mine mine mine" attitude that is prevelant with sector 10, should be heavily considered with making the new sector.
    QFT. get rid of bounties altogether in S10, make the pullable missions/quests provide decent cash flow so they can be accomplished in teams, and make them provide more cash for tougher mishes. like: kill 10 vectors: 2m credits, kill 20 cha II's 10m credits. so teams could work together to help out those players who can't do it solo.

Like world said, it is a horrible sight to see a fresh faced newbie rolling in to S10 with 250 AI deaths and only 2k kills, and hasn't even made enough money to buy 1 of the top level symbs for infantry in S10 (they are running 40-80m a piece, due to such high demand).

teaming=social. S10 as it currently is=promotes solo farming and mega hostility.

if you make it soloable they will come... if you dont they will not.

sad fact is people dont want to team if it means splitting up the lewt unless they have no choice and if its creds they can farm it else where easier so they will never use the pf. Offer something new and different in the way of items and require a team to finish it. Test it against super twinks to make sure its going to be team based and then make sure that with a three man team of different toons its still doable.

its going to be nice having a new pf for aliens but unless it offers something that requires a team or soloable creds I dont see it making an impact.

also why is it aliens in S10 have goodies on them and the ones in arid have nothing good?
    Deadly Whispers member since 2005
    Deadly Whispers President since 2010

Opinions are like butts - everyone has one and they all stink

sad fact is people dont want to team if it means splitting up the lewt unless they have no choice and if its creds they can farm it else where easier so they will never use the pf. Offer something new and different in the way of items and require a team to finish it. Test it against super twinks to make sure its going to be team based and then make sure that with a three man team of different toons its still doable.
    exactly. thats the whole point though of removing bounties, and getting good chucks of credits via repeatable quests that will make being in a team beneficial. it means you can just roll into playfield, grab a bunch of quests and join a pickup team. or, you can grab a bunch of friends and spend the day wracking up credits. either way, a full team will always be the most lucritive when you can only get credits by filling a quota. why would someone farm as a team of only 2 or 3 people, when inviting 3 more people and filling the team (gimps or twinks) will still make you credits faster? make it profitable enough, and people will be clawing to find a team to make some credits and aixp.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; May 31st, 2010 at 08:26:58.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Like world said, it is a horrible sight to see a fresh faced newbie rolling in to S10 with 250 AI deaths and only 2k kills, and hasn't even made enough money to buy 1 of the top level symbs for infantry in S10 (they are running 40-80m a piece, due to such high demand).
    Slightly off-topic. But the real reason those symbs are so costly is the droprate on the PB patterns.

I took up farming Peristaltic Aversion again a few weeks ago, and its still one of the hardest patterns to farm, if not THE hardest to farm. I still cant believe how fast those R-arm Infantrys sell though. Farmed another tonight, set it in shop for 65M, and it was gone in less than 5 hours.

@Means regarding being stuck in conceal :

Try it in a instanced zone like The Collector, get an agent to get punted over a wall before anyone else, arrive at the secretary and conceal (with everyone else still being before the previous wall).

Something with LoS in instanced areas?

I know a org mate that zoned to boss room still "bugged" and finally solved it by casting a nano on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Essessceeaych View Post
    "dungeon" is just a blanket-term. S10 is considered a dungeon.
    This. It's well known by now that aliens live in canyons.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by mammothtruk View Post
    if you make it soloable they will come... if you dont they will not.

sad fact is people dont want to team if it means splitting up the lewt unless they have no choice
    and if its creds they can farm it else where easier so they will never use the pf. Offer something new and different in the way of items and require a team to finish it.
    The only way that is a "fact" is in the sense that there are some people who don't want to team and should not be playing MMO's, and then there are most people who play MMO's and enjoy interacting with others. Problem is we are dealing with a much smaller community so those anti-mmo persons stick out like a sore thumb.

I think one of the bigger problems that the soloers have is the retarded "chance of loot" system that FC uses. But that's just my thought on the matter...

*drops 2 cents in the bucket*

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    The only way that is a "fact" is in the sense that there are some people who don't want to team and should not be playing MMO's, and then there are most people who play MMO's and enjoy interacting with others. Problem is we are dealing with a much smaller community so those anti-mmo persons stick out like a sore thumb.

I think one of the bigger problems that the soloers have is the retarded "chance of loot" system that FC uses. But that's just my thought on the matter...

*drops 2 cents in the bucket*
    So because I dont team all the time I should find me another game? You know, there is a couple more reasons to not team than just beein retarded.
    - Its hard to find someone who want to do what I want to do all the time simply because I dont go constantly for levels.
    - Teaming means you work for the team. That means I cant expect the team to take all the little breaks I have to cause of rl things in my gaming time. The team should expect me to do my job 100%. I cant most of the time. So I dont team if I dont have the time. Whenever I am free to play for hours undisturbed, I team.
    - Teaming means you have to enjoy the interacting with people who throw words as "retarded" around whenever they dont get everything as they want it.
    - That I can play without having to team all the time means I can continue to give fc money so they can keep this game alive for a little longer.

Most of the time there isnt simply 2 answers.

Well, there are soloers and soloers and soloers. Some dont want to share the loot. Some dont want to put up with all the varied and colorful (IE annoying) characters that sometimes show up. Finally there are those that dont have much time or play in timezones that are less populated. Giving a strong incentive to team up without making soloing impossible seems to me the way to go. And that logic should be a applied to the whole game. Says I.

Leedit: He sayz it 2.
    Last edited by Lusos101; May 31st, 2010 at 17:40:30. Reason: Cabloing.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    So because I dont team all the time I should find me another game? You know, there is a couple more reasons to not team than just beein retarded.
    - Its hard to find someone who want to do what I want to do all the time simply because I dont go constantly for levels.
    - Teaming means you work for the team. That means I cant expect the team to take all the little breaks I have to cause of rl things in my gaming time. The team should expect me to do my job 100%. I cant most of the time. So I dont team if I dont have the time. Whenever I am free to play for hours undisturbed, I team.
    - Teaming means you have to enjoy the interacting with people who throw words as "retarded" around whenever they dont get everything as they want it.
    - That I can play without having to team all the time means I can continue to give fc money so they can keep this game alive for a little longer.

Most of the time there isnt simply 2 answers.

It's understandable that you can't always get teams going for whatever reason some times, but that doesn't mean FC should keep developing new playfields that can be solo'd. There is plenty of soloable content already.

If your schedule is so restricting that you can only log in for 30 minutes or so at a time, then those 30 minutes probably should have been used more responsibly in the first place (as in, you should not be playing). Yes, that is my opinion, but I feel it is well-grounded.

Also, most teams I've been in are understanding of 5 minute breaks here and there. Hey, even explaining the situation fully to them (team: hey, I'm babysitting bla bla bla) and they'll understand that you may be absent from time to time. Just don't slack when you are there and all is usually OK.

Lastly, if you can't "do your job" most of the time that you are in teams, then yes, you need to find a new game. Simple as that.

Lastly, if you can't "do your job" most of the time that you are in teams, then yes, you need to find a new game. Simple as that.
    I do my job when teamed, thats the point. And I am against new solo-playfields. I dont need them. But if fc want everyone to have a chanse to do all playfields, then someone will be able to solo them. That is simple too.
    The rest of your feelings, shoulds and usuallys just tell me that you have one way of playing this game, the right way, and people who dont share your view you'd like to go somewhere else. Not much interaction, hm? Wich is fine, I guess.
    I really miss the time of my life when everything was easy and simple to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    I do my job when teamed, thats the point. And I am against new solo-playfields. I dont need them. But if fc want everyone to have a chanse to do all playfields, then someone will be able to solo them. That is simple too.
    The rest of your feelings, shoulds and usuallys just tell me that you have one way of playing this game, the right way, and people who dont share your view you'd like to go somewhere else. Not much interaction, hm? Wich is fine, I guess.
    I really miss the time of my life when everything was easy and simple to solve.
    The way you said it, it sounded as if you couldn't do your job in teams most of the time. Sorry for the miscommunication.

I can honestly say that I don't mind the varying ways of life that people have. I understand that some people lead a very busy lifestyle. Please don't misunderstand me on that point.

I just get very tired of "make this soloable" comments. It happens a lot these days and it contradicts one of the selling points of MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Good progress this week on:

Issue we would like help with:

We have had reports of players becoming "stuck" in sneak-mode and having to manually cancel this state to exit it. We have managed to reproduce this...but at a rate that is incredibly rare and not nearly predictable enough for us to be able to fix it. If this happens to you on a regular basis it would be great if you could try and let us know exactly what the circumstances are...as this would be incredibly helpful in our efforts to remove the issue.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    I noticed it on my 170 agent in Alien missions.. For me it happens there like every 2nd time i hide so maybe u could try to reproduce it there.
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    an orgmate a few days ago figured out exactly what causes this and made up a bugsy report on it (he used to be COT so doesn't surprise me). honestly, it is such an obvious reason why team window bugs up that i feel dumb for not figuring it out after many years of dealing with it.
    Okay.... now I am wondering if there is something that I could do/avoid doing on my doctor to keep it from happening?

If your schedule is so restricting that you can only log in for 30 minutes or so at a time, then those 30 minutes probably should have been used more responsibly in the first place (as in, you should not be playing). Yes, that is my opinion, but I feel it is well-grounded
    Occasionally I can log in and play for ~8 hours with just few interruptions. It is great! Unfortunately most of the time though I am limited to about an hour or slightly less at the time. Yes, there are things that I could have done instead of playing for a little bit but people need down time too. If you never have fun and relax you end up very miserable and life like that is not worth living.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Occasionally I can log in and play for ~8 hours with just few interruptions. It is great! Unfortunately most of the time though I am limited to about an hour or slightly less at the time. Yes, there are things that I could have done instead of playing for a little bit but people need down time too. If you never have fun and relax you end up very miserable and life like that is not worth living.
    Around 1 hour is plenty of time to get some good teaming in. In fact, I'd guess most people only do about 1-3 hours tops a day (except for the hardcore & no-lifers). I was speaking of the people with no time to team (using 30 minutes as an example).

If all you can spare is 30 minutes out of your day, don't complain to FC cause you can't solo the new content. Fix your life and then come "relax" with the rest of us.

If all you can spare is 30 minutes out of your day, don't complain to FC cause you can't solo the new content. Fix your life and then come "relax" with the rest of us.
    Actually I think that mostly people have problem finding uninterrupted time.

When playing single player game you can pause the game or if you are soloing you might be able to leave your toon sitting in some safe place for few minutes till you can get back to it. I have noticed that some people have no problem going repeatedly AFK for 5-10 minutes at a time and leaving the rest of the team standing around waiting for them and by then someone else had to go AFK and when that person returns someone else (or the first person again) goes AFK. I don't like to do that to others.

I am not complaining about not being able to solo everything. I just hope that solo players won't be totally forgotten. Daily missions seemed promising for solo players to be able to get something done if they can't find a team during their short time online.

Today I logged in hoping to be able to get something done in an hour. Took about half an hour till I found a team. Everyone was supposed to meet in certain location in 5 minutes. Took half an hour to get everyone to location. People came, waited for a bit, someone went afk so someone else decided to run quickly to store and then we were waiting for that person back and then someone else needed something from bank and then someone's buffs ran out so he had to hunt for MP.... and in the end 1 person rage quit before getting there because they could not follow simple directions. So, my quick 1h turned to 2h (luckily this time I didn't have a hard time limit). Even then the only thing accomplished was one city ground raid - no ship invite

Yes, I understand that this is MMO. Sometimes it is very hard to find the MM part of it because population is quite low during certain times of the day. That is why I hope that there is something that can be soloed even if it is not as effective as doing with team. I also agree 100% that not everything should be soloable.

Edit: I think I lost my train of thought somewhere there.
    Last edited by Crowena; Jun 1st, 2010 at 04:01:03.

One important detail to not be forgotten. There is a difference between solo content and soloable content. There is nothing wrong with the first one and a lot with the second.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast