Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Friday with Means - May 28th, 2010- Concealment please

I'm not entirely sure if what I'm about to say is true or not but it feels true based on what I have experienced ingame so far.

When hunting for doja chips in Inferno for example, I always find them on mobs that are not part of any quest. If any mob is part of a quest, they never drop doja chips for me.

For example, there are various quests in Inferno where you have to kill 5+5+boss of some type of mobs such as special spiders or special somphos(spl?) and special spirits and so on. None of these ever drop doja chips and are a waste of time it seems.

I have farmed 6ish inferno chips for my doc so far and the kill-count per drop was something like this: 5(Somphos logee's), 25(somphos Logee's), 150(mixture of unredeemed mobs, logees, spiders, demons, chimeras, quest-mobs), 35 (infernal demons and logee's), 200+(quest mobs of all kinds and random mobs of all kinds), 500+ (no quest-mobs, only random mobs such as hecklers, logee's, spiders, demons and so on).

Not in a single one of these farming sessions have I found a doja chip on a mob that is involved in any questline. I have only found on Logee's and infernal demons.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jun 4th, 2010 at 05:31:22.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

As for teaming goes, game more supoorts solo, then teaming. Currently most of the game can be done by solo (sometimes dual, but its still solo...). Token farming is better to solo, since you get same ammount of tokens for mission, but take bigger time. XP in team mission are lower (due team), then solo ones, and there is no adventage (XP boost) fr being in full team. I have suggested to ad more tokens for team missoins and rework team XP gain, aswell as add boost for 6yh player in team/and playfield.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I dont think the game supports solo play. And that is one problem. It also doesnt support team play. Which is another problem. What it supports is farming with mains and powerleveling.

Here goes the why.

Most playfields, instances, quests, etc. where designed with teams in mind. However the increase in power of (especially) endgame toons, a neglect to upgrade the older places, accessibility for toons of all levels to those places, associated to drop rates independent of team size leads to farming with mains for lower level toons or farming with the smallest possible team whenever practical.

Possible solutions:

-Bosses with random characteristics, would make choosing specific teams and making specific twinks much harder. Any random team could have a chance, all could fail. Bigger and varied teams would increase the chance of success.
    -Level locked playfields, only toons that can use items can go farm them. Dont bring your main, bring your friends.
    -Carefully selected nodrop items. A profession specific nodrop item droping from a specific boss is a recipe for it to be ignored or for main farming. Different profession specific items droping from same boss/playfield or items that are good for different professions c(sh)ould be nodrop.
    -Difficulty of mission/playfield and loot reward proportional to number of team members and their level. Hard missions made softer by including some lowby team members and phats for all.

IMO the developers should focus on upgrading ALL existing playfields to encourage teamplay with the possibility of solo play not being excluded.
    However, as i said before, there is a difference between solo content and soloable content. We have to much of the second, please dont make more.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if what I'm about to say is true or not but it feels true based on what I have experienced ingame so far.

When hunting for doja chips in Inferno for example, I always find them on mobs that are not part of any quest. If any mob is part of a quest, they never drop doja chips for me.

Not in a single one of these farming sessions have I found a doja chip on a mob that is involved in any questline. I have only found on Logee's and infernal demons.
    Seems about right, only the basic trash mobs seem to drop them. There's a thread in the Knowledge Database forum where people are listing the mobs they've gotten them from before for each zone. Chimeras or at least Fiery Chimeras can drop them in Inf too by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    I dont think the game supports solo play. And that is one problem. It also doesnt support team play. Which is another problem. What it supports is farming with mains and powerleveling.

I'll go along with most of what you said but the the main reason people do those small teams or just solo/multi-log to do things is that item gains are largely all by way of drops which are for the desired item itself rather than components. For quests people don't mind adding more people to the team as you get the reward by way of the quest itself, not drops. If you make content harder or more random without changing loot gains people will still want to do the smallest teams possible.

Although if the content requires more people while gains are not changed people will be annoyed as they need bigger teams so miss getting the rare items they wanted more often than they do now. They also will get frustrated that they keep getting killed after chewing through most of the zone which may have taken a long time when in smaller teams.

It's how we get what we're after that needs to be changed, not just the content we go through to get it. Both need adjustments to make the content more enjoyable and so it encourages teaming rather than solo or multi-logging. Given the population at present it should allow it to be done in smaller groups so perhaps a scaling aspect or difficulty selection option would be in order. If you have more people it's harder and you get more out of it at the same time it's still doable with less if you can't get a bigger group together but the gains aren't quite as high.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678