Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Atlantean] Omni-Pol Files

[Atlantean] Omni-Pol Files

The Omni-Pol Files database was created with the Roleplaying community of Atlantean in mind. The project started internally compiling forum posts and collecting information as we had events or were involved with members of the role-playing community and events characters, it very quickly got to the point where we needed a better way of collecting our information.

We hope that the information we are now giving access to can be used as potential starting blocks for roleplaying opportunitues throughout the whole community. Which brings us to where we are now...

The Omni-Pol Files
    The files can be accessed via the Omni-Pol gridsite LINK OFFLINE

Information in the files.
    The information available in the files varies depending on the access level of the person logged in. We currently have around 3 tiers of access.

Tier 1 -- General Public
    If you visit the files and are not logged in, or not someone who would usually be able to view Omni files (e.g. Clanners) then you will see information that the OP Admin team considered would be useful to have made public. This includes names, affiliations, contact data -- basically all basic information that could help kick off a dialog or contact. We hope that more people will contact us to request publically viewable information to be added about them to give more diversity to the files we have listed.

Tier 2 -- Omni affiliates
    This access is being given to active Omni affiliates on Atlantean. The amount of information available is not a vast amount more than what is publically available but may include overviews of where tasks are being worked on jointly with affiliates in our files and with Omni-Pol. You will need to register on the website as an affiliate - you will also need to be known as an affiliate to us (i.e. by attending the meetings).

Tier 3 -- Omni-Pol
    Access given internally to Omni-Pol officers should be viewed as information that would be classified. While we want to use these files to increase roleplaying opportunities, we do not want to cross negative metagaming boundaries. As an organisation we want the files to be used as a positive resource, we want to encourage people to get involved in them -- however joining Omni-Pol purely to gain access to the files in order to "spy" will not be tollerated.

Incoming features
    LTCs
    At the moment, LTCs are not flagged very obviously. This has been suggested and is on the to-do list.
    Discussions are also underway to implement possible linking between the files and LTC info on Channel42 and or Recipebot with a new feature that Beaexn is working on with the AOU team. This will not be happening in the short term but is definitely being brainstormed.

Search
    The quantity of files is already quite long with mainly only LTCs in it, this is also on the to-do list.

Warrant wall
    A suggestion has been made for there to be a wanted wall / warrant wall. As the files already have status flags with open and closed cases this should hopefully be implemented in the near future and could also provide a good source for roleplaying opportunities.

Contributing information
    If you would like your own file, or if you would like to contribute information to an existing file. You can do so by using the contact form on our news page. Administration of the files is restricted to only certain members of Omni-Pol to ensure that there are no inconsistencies with the information given and the access levels attached to it.

We welcome comments, suggestions and input to the files. We want to use these files to help generate RP opportunities.
    Last edited by Lornavash; Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:50:41.

Funcom employee

Bump for this being one of the more awesome player resources/projects I've seen to date. Added into the bookmarks thread. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Bump for this being one of the more awesome player resources/projects I've seen to date. Added into the bookmarks thread. =)
    Thanks

There is still some tweaking left to do on the files, namely to verify consistency of the levels of access for all files, but aside from that, the input is done for what we had in hand.

This could also help in picking up some loose ends, carry out more stories, and generally help with some continuity in the roleplay interactions Yes, we still have warrants out for certain things that happened a good while ago Who knows, it could be used to spark something up!
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

We abandoned such a system on Rimor when ARK said they would not provide us with "filler" information like Height, weight, eye color, which would all be easily accessible via public system, and none of us could be arsed to go up to each LTC and go
    "Hey, you look like you're about 180lbs, is that right?"
    "Wow, what an amazing shade your eyes are, what color would you say that is"

for 50 LTCs...

Good luck with this.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Height and weight are not as important as affiliations and cases connected with. Its a quick reference, and helps players catch up with what's been going on new, old, and the ones with foggy memory.

It's extra fluff. nice to have but not needed.

It's impressive stuff, and I'm sure I can send a few of my detectives to go around questioning eye colour if we're bored. Filling up that database would actually be an interesting task to help contribute to.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Hehe. Who of them will you send to ask Eva about her weight?
    The database is a good tool indeed
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Nice initiative!

Some of my characters have a history that would put them in Omni files, so I guess I'll be sending you some information when I have the time (I've said "When I have some time" to a dozen things by now though... anyone have some spare time they wish to sell?)

We have already proven that it works well for us internally. Whether it works for anyone external to Omni-Pol will boil down to whether they want to bother using it or not and if it can be used within the parameters of their roleplaying.

I see some good opportunities for DoI, I am interested in seeing who you assign to this Validius!

Leileena, we would welcome any information you wish to pass on to us about your characters. Please feel free to send the information directly via PM here to me, Oozigun or Psysim -- or via the OP Website if you have already got an account there / don't mind making one.

The files are not just for people with criminal backgrounds though, it is for anyone who we might have worked with or have been involved with. People we work with on cases will then be cross referenced with the "criminal files" so we can see who has had involvement.

Wow, Ukky once again you impress me. This is an AWESOME tool, and coming from a hardcore clanner, should say something.

It's stuff like this and the work at AO Universe that makes me proud to have Ukk as one of the leads of the AOU Team.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Its not all my own work. Uragon slaved at programming it and Oozi, Psysim and Warwind have worked hard at filling the data in from the forum posts we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard View Post
    The files are not just for people with criminal backgrounds though, it is for anyone who we might have worked with or have been involved with. People we work with on cases will then be cross referenced with the "criminal files" so we can see who has had involvement.
    Leileena used to work for the corporation as burger flipper on the dining globe in Clon****. Shyleor married an ex-unicorn. And then there's my 3 characters that work for the corporation at the moment. Come to think of it, I need to level them to 25+, would be great to join Pol on them. When I have time(tm)

So yeah, not all criminal records. I'll have to shift trough my mind and see what's public, classified or completely unknown

This can provide lots of opportunities for roleplay Looking forward to see what stems of this!

*Accidently necros*

Guys, i've taken it upon myself to restart this project. It would be a temendous help if you could provide me the following information for your characters in a PM:

Personal Details

First name:
    Last name:
    Nick (character) name:
    Faction:
    Breed:
    Proffesion:
    Residence:
    Relatives:
    Height:
    Weight
    Hair:
    Eyes:
    Characterstics:

Connections

Affiliations:
    Contacts:

Related Operations

Investigations:
    Warrants:
    Notes:

Please note that you should only supply information that Omni-Tek would hold from your character. Anything that we would hold, but would be classified, please indicate so we can secure that specific piece of info.

Any questions feel free to shout
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Are you trying to punish me!? I have so many RP alts I'd be working on this for days.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Just do your main ones then :-) it doesn't need to be them all, just the ones you use the most. For example, I don't expect Arge to do one for ALL of his millions of alts
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Fact 1: I am an Agrestus alt.
    Fact 2: So are you.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    For example, I don't expect Arge to do one for ALL of his millions of alts
    You should

and yes, Tower is absolutely correct. We are all alts of Agres.
    Cathleen 'Loriah' Spansgaard
    The Red Brotherhood

Wait.....Does that make me an Alt too?
    DI "Keslie" Farndale [Investigator-Department of Investigations]
    Dr. "Vikriana" Heinrich [Forensics/Psychiatrics-Department of Investigations]
    "Marsira" Phoenix [Pilot of The Phoenix Fortune]
    Sir Reginald "Hamner" [The Old English Trading Company]

Duh anyone who RPs is an Agres alt. Including me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast