Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 4th, 2010 - IIBAWDKW

Means, you had mentioned that VP would be increased for alien missions at some point, to decrease the gap between the alien mission and battlestation vp reward. just curious if this is still planned or has been scrapped.

Imo, its great to solo LE missions by yourself, as mitocondria samples etc can provide a small amount of vp, but in a team its a drop in the bucket. would be nice if the clumps that drop off mobs for vp were removed, and instead, you could simply gain vp for each alien killed regardless whether your soloing it out or in a team. i dont think it would be overkill if it was something like 2 vp per mob x titlelevel or something close.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Jun 6th, 2010 at 00:19:42. Reason: fixed font type; someone might have thought i was quoting someone else
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Birthday again?

you are going to get old eh....

i think some Hats would be nice for birthday... oh and maybe the social pet clothes line... lemme put on a "birthday hat" on my brain dog pl0x

Removing the level locks on Composite Infuse, Masteries, etc? That is going to be wild. Those traders are going to be so ... O.O

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    In regards to composite nanos, unfortunately it seems that Means was talking about making them more accessible to players with expansions, who already have the (potential) ability to cast them. Just reducing the requirements, possibly (but not very likely) reducing the level-lock. I don't see any of them being made froob-usable, as great as that would be. Call me a pessimist, and I'll probably say "I really doubt it," :P
    Cast on everyone? So sl00bs are going be pestered for composites? Muhehehe
    Last edited by JenShay; Jun 4th, 2010 at 16:39:16.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

I still don't get the point of the 18 hour lockout on deleting the missions if you look at the mission and know it's not possible for you to do, or you don't want it.

Why not just allow the daily mission to be deleted and allow you to get a different one and only apply the lockout if you successfully complete it?

I mean, it makes about as much sense as putting an 18 hour lockout on looting a DOJA chip, which doesn't make any.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Composites for froobs would be such a fantastic little thing

On the other hand, any word on acknowledging the fact that pets have been severely broken by the latest synch changes? They cannot find their owners any more and Pet Warp is in no way a workable stop-gap, being a slow casting, easily interruptible nano that leaves you virtually defenceless while it's running and that can't work if anyone in on a hatelist. Before the patch pets would home back in on their owners very quickly. Now they simply cannot be relied upon if you've had to move anywhere after zoning. This is particularly tortuous on lowbies such as MPs who are critically reliant upon not only their DD/tank pet, but their emergency mezzers and their heals.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Means,

Thanks again for the update! I hate to say it though...

For next week's update... Engine Vids or GTFO!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

pets are definitely broken atm. I don't play pet classes much myself, but i watched during a few different inferno missions, both crat pets and mp pets running around like they were chasing ghosts.. someone who is on afk/follow does a better job at keeping up than pets do atm.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Because some missions are harder than others and if it didn't have this timer, ppl would just keep rerolling 'til they get the really easy ones.
    Then why not put an 18 hour lockout on Rolling Inferno Missions because people re-roll those until they get them at an easy location to get to.

Makes as much sense (which is none).

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Yeah because the choice of running to a location and just talking to a npc to remove a dot OR killing craploads of mantis is the same as getting an easier location for inf
    It is. Means already said the 'Kill a Crap Ton of Mobs" missions have a higher reward now then "easy ones". So, Yeah. I don't see the point. If you don't have the time to do more work and get a higher reward, why punish the casual player?

Quote Originally Posted by DePreach View Post
    Add comedy 'sproing' sounds to the rubber banding.
    Heading north from Harry's (about Southern middle of zone is where you come in), rubber banded twice on flight to Dangerous prisoner. It seemed like it took longer to get to said prisoner than to kill him. Some comedy "sproings" might have lightened the mood...Yakety Sax (sp?) might also be appropriate.

On a positive note, when headed to Neutral Bar in Bor, I typically lag near the basic implant shop and "wake up" inside, sort of like saving a step or something.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    It is. Means already said the 'Kill a Crap Ton of Mobs" missions have a higher reward now then "easy ones". So, Yeah. I don't see the point. If you don't have the time to do more work and get a higher reward, why punish the casual player?
    If you're so casual you only have 10 minutes to play you could've spent the time it's going to take you to reroll missions infinitely to get through the one you didn't want to do anyway. Or you should stop paying for an MMO, or find something else to do with your 10 mins of sparetime...
    Accept that that's the exact job they have available for you at the time. That's it. As you can see in every other area of the game, if it's possible to get an easy way out of something, players will take it. If there's a daily mission that takes shorter than any other to finish, players will reroll untill they get that one. The only thing then stopping someone from starting a clicksaver to get that exact mission would be the low number of people dev'ing for AO now. You're into RP. Accept that the game forces certain things on you.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

In regards to composite nanos, unfortunately it seems that Means was talking about making them more accessible to players with expansions, who already have the (potential) ability to cast them. Just reducing the requirements, possibly (but not very likely) reducing the level-lock. I don't see any of them being made froob-usable, as great as that would be. Call me a pessimist, and I'll probably say "I really doubt it," :P
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

OMG OMG.. a Pearl Of Rubi-Ka when 'Cut' reverts to the old graphic!!!! omg omg.. Mr Means, Fix Please!!

I'm gonna hunt down every single gem in game to do test cuttings,.. we can't have these kinds of errors slipping in.. anyone care to help in the hunt/collection?

I'll be on Doctorval (RK2) when I'm hunting gems.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - Significant nerfstick treatment to LE Alien Mission nasty Aliens to make it easier to survive at all levels.
    This was a long time coming lol.

In regards to adjusting the composites, aka basic buffs, would we also be able to see expertises in general improved with a better duration? If you guys are digging around in there, this short and harmless change to the 30min expertise and 20m ability durations would not hurt

And thanks for including doc's graphics icon updates, suprisingly enough they are much nicer to see than I expected.

Aight maybe some dev reads my question with in this spam we have
    we know that xp stims are always available every year when its birthday celebration time and we also know it is nodrop for a reason

but i'd consider 5 pairs not to be as appealing as it sounds
    so what about adding like 3-4 pairs of xp stims as a reward of the daily mishes for that time so in a week everyone can get 40-50 stims and still not being able to sell but good for a 2 months to use

just an idea
    Racsyka 220/30/70 The Adv
    Racsi 220/30/70 The MP
    Racsika 220/30/70 The Crat
    Racsence 207/30/70 The Fixer
    Racsreign 56/6/12 The Trader

President of Quetzalcoatl

Smile

Also in next week's theoretical version:

- Increased drop rate on LE Alien Mission Biomaterial.
    - Significant nerfstick treatment to LE Alien Mission nasty Aliens to make it easier to survive at all levels.

Other news:

The Alien daily missions are coming along well.
    So.. you will be able to pull an LE mission without having to team soon?

I am very glad you went oldschool with the types, removed the NODROP tag.
    Before people were complaining over getting types they did not need, now they can sell the one they have and buy another, while others can skip the killing altogether and those lvling on LE missions get a nice extra income

A nice story on how removing a NODROP tag can make a lot of people happy and apeal to more enjoyable gameplay.

If it was up to me, there should be very few NODROP items in the game, so that you are not punished for getting good equipment while you are lvling up, and can pass on your tools to an alt or friend when you are done with it, so you are not wasting the hard work you have made getting it in the first place.

The open economy in AO is one of the thing to pull me in.
    You can either go get teh item yourself, or pay someone to do it.

Some hate City raids, but love missions, while others do the opposite.
    In an economic system, they can both be happy, because they get items they don't need and can sell them to those needing it.

Lost Eden being the worst thing ever to be introduced to AO..
    Victory points.. only available (in accecptable ammounts) in Battle Stations.
    They need 5 upgrades that were rate and NODROP..
    and when you had done that, well then you needed t do it all over again on the next weapon..

Some have proposed that OFAB weapons and armor levels or you get some VP back.. what about removing the NODROP tag, so you can sell it?
    The nanoes do not have a NODROP tag and are already a way to get credits for your VP.

It could also be cool if the armors then no longer had a profession lock, then *gasp* people could be different, they could take bits and pieces of several armors instead of having just one set, a developer told them to wear.
    We might even get people that use different setups with the balancing act, as people by then will not be forced to use one particular weapon for damage perks but rather just "ranged" instead of the current SMG/rifle..

..leading back to the good old AO classic, where there is room to experiment, and the OOC question "What is the best weapon?" again can be answered by: "How do you like to play?" rather than sending a link to an AUNO.org page.

Personally I like the concept to be:
    Slow fireing, but hard hitting.
    vs.
    Fast fireing, but not hitting so hard.

If you want to take a shield(absorb) down to help the team, the 2d is the best, while if you are soloing, you just want to fire through the shield, to get the target down.

But there is a choice.

Just my 2 cent..
    I am glad to know we are on the way away from cookie-cutting to a place with choice.
    Thank you for removing the NODROP tag, it is a step on the way.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

The LE mission vp reward increase is definitely nice and long overdue. 200 VPs per mish, in worst case scenario divided among 6 team members = WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    its great to solo LE missions by yourself, as mitocondria samples etc can provide a small amount of vp, but in a team its a drop in the bucket. would be nice if the clumps that drop off mobs for vp were removed, and instead, you could simply gain vp for each alien killed regardless whether your soloing it out or in a team. i dont think it would be overkill if it was something like 2 vp per mob x titlelevel or something close.
    I totally subscribe to this, then there's no more "let's go with as few team members as possible so we maximize the vp gain per team member". Not to mention the annoying "oh, I gotta wait till this corpse becomes lootable while all my team members are already in the next room killing stuff".
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Where in Means' post did he say that the le missions would drop more VP. He said more Bio-Material. This doesn't necessarily mean VP, I took it to mean the types. Hopefully I'm wrong and you guys are right though.
    Snarfblatt
    President of Knights of Ka
    Site Admin of AOFroobs.com

Re: Composites. My guess is they'll just be A: Lowering nano skill required to cast the top ones, or B: Moving the garden sale location.

I doubt very much if they're giving them to froobs...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

- Increased drop rate on LE Alien Mission Biomaterial and decreased "level range" on Boss Drops. ie: a level 250 Boss should always drop Biomaterial close to level 250.
    Well, there goes my income source.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast