Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 4th, 2010 - IIBAWDKW

if everyone get the 8hr composite..can froob have atleat 30min composite? ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    OMG OMG.. a Pearl Of Rubi-Ka when 'Cut' reverts to the old graphic!!!! omg omg.. Mr Means, Fix Please!!

I'm gonna hunt down every single gem in game to do test cuttings,.. we can't have these kinds of errors slipping in.. anyone care to help in the hunt/collection?

I'll be on Doctorval (RK2) when I'm hunting gems.

Cheers!
    First of all: nice work and cheers to taking iniciative to creating new icons
    Secondly: I hate you. Don't take this personally, but your work just kept me busy for couple of hours. The fact I'm working with crappy monitor didn't do much to improve my mood
    Lastly: Don't bother with hunting down gems and cutting them. Only SL perfectly cut gems got new icons, none of RK ones did. On a side note, I'm not sure if you went with specific icon for every silver/gold/platinum ring with (perfectly cut) gem, but only couple of icons got used (change only to SL rings, with several cut&uncut gems sharing same mesh and colors)
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by DePreach View Post
    Seems patch testing involves downloading the code to a machine in the car park while in the Funcom code testers bunker, and emerging after an hour then sending Macrosun out with a questionnaire reading...

1. Did the box we installed to...
    a) explode spectacularily
    b) get warmer and warmer until it melted
    c) develop sentience and apply for a job on the AoC team.
    d) none of the above it appears 'inert'

2. After remotely logging into the box, is the playerbase
    a) murderous
    b) suicidal
    c) furiously banging messages into the forums.
    d) inert - lying there like a 2 bit crack addict ex wife coz every time they try to move they sproing back to the same place.... (the ho)

3. Peek out your door, is the management team
    a) Storming the dev offices with weapons fashioned from office supplies.
    b) Sobbing into their large cups of indigestion cure
    c) Playing WoW
    d) Inert, as usual

If you answered inert to the above questions release to live.

Suggested fix list.
    Make the single mission lockout timers several years, thus deferring the problem to AO 2
    Add comedy 'sproing' sounds to the rubber banding.

Especially like the 'sproing' solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post

Some have proposed that OFAB weapons and armor levels or you get some VP back.. what about removing the NODROP tag, so you can sell it?
    The nanoes do not have a NODROP tag and are already a way to get credits for your VP.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    I like that idea, long as there is some kind of VP market (since pure cred/ofab trading would render a great deal fo the reason for BS moot). So maybe you pay 30 K VP total for an Ofab set, upgrade a few items a few times, you sell the result for.... 30k VP. Or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Just wanted to say thanks for the paid name change that somehow neither myself nor my org noticed before last night...10 paid points to get the names set the way hindsight says I should = priceless.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfblattt View Post
    Where in Means' post did he say that the le missions would drop more VP. He said more Bio-Material. This doesn't necessarily mean VP, I took it to mean the types. Hopefully I'm wrong and you guys are right though.
    sigh... some of us read fwm every week (yeah, no life right?). I would dig up and search for the post where means said vp would be increased in le mission to close the gap with battle stations, but its probably from so long ago that its archived and encrypted. if someone wants to search, be my guest. I simply brought it up again because focus is currently on LE missions.

also, the idea of rerolling dailies over and over, reminds me of people who drive around a parking lot for 20 minutes to find the closest spot so they dont have to walk far to get to the store, only then to walk around for hours inside the store, probably covering miles of ground.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Jun 4th, 2010 at 20:02:30.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

How are the boob jiggle mechanics coming along? Let's not forget our priorities!

Any Chance?

Any chance pvp boundries could be addressed along with new pvp area? It seems somewhat pointless that for example tl7 can attack tl5.. why not make it so that pvp boundries apply only within a certain tl for example 165 toon can be attacked within its standard pvp boundries but only up to the tl lock so the highest toon that can attack a 165 would be 189. likewise with other title levels.

In my opinion its a sad state of affairs when in tl5 nw a 207 fixer various other tl7 toons can spoil what could otherwise be fun. It requires no skill for a tl7 to gank a tl5 and is stopping i think all factions from attending tl5 wars.

And before i get flamed and complained at i'd like to add that this is on behalf of all, not just omni. I think all factions are as annoyed about pvp level boundries as i am.

Thanks

Sted

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We are going to attempt another build shortly and we are hoping for different results. Not very scientific...but here we are.
    Actually, that's pretty much what science IS about .

About LE: Making LE mission easier actually IS a way to increase vp from them.

(No this post is not about Inner Sanctum :P)
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for the paid name change that somehow neither myself nor my org noticed before last night...10 paid points to get the names set the way hindsight says I should = priceless.
    Holy crap, it is there! Why wasn't this announced?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Holy crap, it is there! Why wasn't this announced?
    They just upped the price to 1k PP lol. I shouldn't have said anything And I thought I had just missed the announcement somewhere...
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Looking forward to the birthday stuff. Please give us a heads up as to how long the related content will be available once it's around the corner. I've always liked social junk so these sort of things are fun.

- Increased drop rate on LE Alien Mission Biomaterial and decreased "level range" on Boss Drops. ie: a level 250 Boss should always drop Biomaterial close to level 250.
    - Significant nerfstick treatment to LE Alien Mission nasty Aliens to make it easier to survive at all levels.
    Could you bump the drop rate on VP in missions up some too while you're at it? Moving away from drops and more of an automatic gain on a kill would be better. Especially as these are suppose to be team missions and loot doesn't encourage teaming, it encourages solo play.

Other than that it sounds like good stuff. Don't go too far with with the nerfing of the aliens though. Maybe a combo of nerfing the LE aliens some and dropping the QL requirement on types a bit would be the best option.

One other thing is that LE missions always tend to be on the laggy side. Any chance of improving that in the future aside from the new engine? The old inside of ships was nice and lag free but LE mission areas always caused things to be a bit clunky.

- Changes to longer version Composite Nanos to make them more accessible to everyone.
    Lower requirements or something else? Riposte, parry and throwing weapons are still missing on composites from what I remember. Any chance of getting those added since at least two of them will become more useful in the future?

-------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Racsi View Post
    we know that xp stims are always available every year when its birthday celebration time and we also know it is nodrop for a reason
    They were added two years ago as a specific that year thing and the NPC was put back in last year as an apology for a screw up (that resulted in a roll back from what I remember). So it wasn't set up as an every year thing.

-------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    sigh... some of us read fwm every week (yeah, no life right?). I would dig up and search for the post where means said vp would be increased in le mission to close the gap with battle stations, but its probably from so long ago that its archived and encrypted. if someone wants to search, be my guest. I simply brought it up again because focus is currently on LE missions.
    I know of no such post. Closest I can think of is the VP related Q&A answer from March 2009.
    "What is the role of VP moving forward? Could more quests or the new booster instances give us a way to earn VP other than through battlestation? Or is VP still seen as the reward to the PvPers, that the rest of us just have to live with."

I would like to implement more varied ways of gaining VP...much the same as gaining XP. The fastest way will still likely be PVP related...but the options are going to be more varied. Again, Daily quests for VP are a possibility as are PVM encounters in areas that would expose you to PVP should there be any "hostile" players in the area. There is potential for improvement in this area and we will be looking into it
    It never said VP in LE missions would go up, it never said VP in BSs would go up either. All it said was that they would add more options and PvP would likely remain the higher gain option. Since then all the added VP has been to BSs and was only done twice (reward items from a kill and the daily missions) so they've been really slow here.

It should be noted though that as VP is more of interest when looking to do PvM than when looking to PvP and all that is required to get your char up to standards so it can PvP in AO VP is a junk reward for PvP. It really doesn't make sense for it to be so almost exclusively focused towards PvP gains. Going into AO PvP with an average lvling char is not fun, it's just seeing how many times you're going to die this round. Even a solid lvling char will get mowed down in most cases as a complete and PvP aimed char can be so different compared to a lvling one PvP capability wise.

Add to that the fact most BSs are dead and surely will remain that way doesn't help matters when all you want is the VP. Oh, they're adding a "waiting room" PvP zone to BSs which we have been told before will give VP. Oh fun, I can stand around doing nothing or stand around getting killed some more as VP may trickle in with a refreshing zone nano or some such thing. VP gains should be active and not everyone is looking to PvP in game. In fact most apparently aren't or at least certainly never get around to doing so very often.

Killing people that stand no chance is not real PvP. The PvP fanatics keep saying PvP is sooooo much better as it makes you think and try harder than in PvM. Well a player that stands absolutely no chance in hell against you really wouldn't make for any better an opponent than a mob that stands no chance against you. So getting everyone into a PvP zone to get VP which has little to do with PvP doesn't make for a better PvP zone.

I always knew Astralsky was game breaking.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

i agree with klod - when do we get that - and also with the sproing sound when rubberbanding - should be easy to code too, when packet loss occurs, play sound

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    I always knew Astralsky was game breaking.
    Could swear he causes Bore to crash sometimes..

Where do you see it for 10 points? I saw it for 1000 points in account page.

59th but im happy

also. i didnt break anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Every single profession is underpowered when compared to advys. Learn to live with it. At last they dont alphakill you so you are not underpowered but rather somewhere near the very top of the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Where do you see it for 10 points? I saw it for 1000 points in account page.
    They just upped the price to 1k PP lol. I shouldn't have said anything And I thought I had just missed the announcement somewhere...
    ---
    Veteran of Equilibrium

[B]- Increased drop rate on LE Alien Mission Biomaterial and decreased "level range" on Boss Drops. ie: a level 250 Boss should always drop Biomaterial close to level 250.
    Does Fixer's mission loot ql bonus apply in these missions ie. fixer with 9% increase to mission loot quality should get ql240 biomaterial from level 221 mission boss and level 250 boss should drop ql273 biomaterial, right? If not, then that's just another reason for fixer to reset Break&Entry skill...
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast