Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 4th, 2010 - IIBAWDKW

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Where do you see it for 10 points? I saw it for 1000 points in account page.
    They changed it about 20 minutes after my post. I shouldn't have said anything >.< Luckily me and most of my org got our changes done last nite.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We are also going to start making the Birthday Items for this year next week...a sneak preview of which will be on AOUniverse before they are released.
    For this year's anniversary, we want to "put on my robe and wizard hat" please.

If not, then just various funny & various serious hats.

funny examples:
    viking helmet with horns
    mad hatter hat
    striped hat, similar to the one worn by the Cat in the Hat (right clickable with orange/green/purple colors to match the wicked tights)
    beer hat
    smurf hat

To give a reason for the YMCA emote:
    sailor hat
    cop hat
    construction cap
    american indian headress
    cowboy hat

More serious examples:
    top hat
    baseball cap
    beret
    skull cap
    knit toboggan
    aussie bush hat
    fedora

The catgirl costume from last halloween made into an actual outfit would be nice too.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

To coincide with the B-Day arrangements, we are also gearing up for the 3rd year anniversary of the new engine being mentioned!!!!1 Hurray!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    First up: The post by then-Game Director Silirrion (Craig Morrison, now Game Director for Age of Conan) that first mentions the new engine:

June 27th, 2007
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...10#post5722110

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for the paid name change that somehow neither myself nor my org noticed before last night...10 paid points to get the names set the way hindsight says I should = priceless.
    For those that have not noticed the changes to the account page that he mentioned, check this out.

Yes. For the price of 1000 paid points, you can now change any toon's name. It is kind of high, but if you wish to change the name of a toon that you have invested weeks/months/years of playtime on, I guess it is not too bad.

EDIT: this was posted before reading the entire thread. I see where you mentioned it was changed after you posted the thread. No need to re-re-repost it.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Jun 5th, 2010 at 03:12:23.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

It was 10, they changed it to 1000.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    It was 10, they changed it to 1000.
    I think we've established this already
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    Does Fixer's mission loot ql bonus apply in these missions ie. fixer with 9% increase to mission loot quality should get ql240 biomaterial from level 221 mission boss and level 250 boss should drop ql273 biomaterial, right? If not, then that's just another reason for fixer to reset Break&Entry skill...
    As far as I know the fixer bonus to rewards is only on find items in RK missions and has absolutely nothing to do with drops.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    When will AO get this?
    So, let me get this right...I check on a bank toon in chars selection, play my 220 for a month, and log in to my new 220 bank toon??
    I wanna know where u guys get ur dope.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Get your free BoC for 1000 paid points only!
    Gustatus similis pullus.

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    - Significant nerfstick treatment to LE Alien Mission nasty Aliens to make it easier to survive at all levels.
    Yay! It only took.. what? 4 years? Nevertheless, YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    So, let me get this right...I check on a bank toon in chars selection, play my 220 for a month, and log in to my new 220 bank toon??
    I wanna know where u guys get ur dope.
    Its one free level every 4 days, to get a free level 220, you would first need to play it to level 30, as that is the requirement to give the toon a free level, then wait about 2 years to get the remaining 190 levels for free.

This is no different then every other game sold today that gives you bonus EXP stored up to be collected later as you level. ie Rested Bonus or other similar methods, the difference here is FunCom allows you to give that EXP to any character on your account, which is much better and will also still apply once you main is 220 already.
    Last edited by gherig1; Jun 5th, 2010 at 08:29:03.

Quote Originally Posted by gherig1 View Post
    Its one free level every 4 days, to get a free level 220, you would first need to play it to level 30, as that is the requirement to give the toon a free level, then wait about 2 years to get the remaining 190 levels for free.

This is no different then every other game sold today that gives you bonus EXP stored up to be collected later as you level. ie Rested Bonus or other similar methods, the difference here is FunCom allows you to give that EXP to any character on your account, which is much better and will also still apply once you main is 220 already.
    If this was to be implemented in AO (comparable to the AoC version), it wouldn't be implemented like that. AO leveling and AoC leveling is very different.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Well it would be cooler to give the gained xp from your 220/70/30 chars to your other toons.... i don´t wanna level while being offline, but i want to spent the IP i gain while doing quests for my highchars whic now are just "thrown away"

It Is Broken And We Don't Know Why

- Significant nerfstick treatment to LE Alien Mission nasty Aliens to make it easier to survive at all levels.
    LE bosses are still crazy relative to their mish levels. A level 100 Easy yielded a boss that consistently hit tweaked, level 100ish MAs for 670 points. Nonstop. That's two dead MAs. No waiting.

The other mobs in the mission were uneven - some were like wacking wet paper, dropped in 3 hits, then other ones - the Cyancheauscanthanus' or whatever - still have high HP and do brutal damage. And they look like this goldfish I used to own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    other ones - the Cyancheauscanthanus' or whatever - still have high HP and do brutal damage. And they look like this goldfish I used to own.
    The goldfish are finally having their revenge.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    On an unrelated side note, the topic title very much resembles "I_BAWK", you know, like chicken. Reminds me of a timeless piece at slightlywarped.com:

"[the borg has abducted Quinn Mallory to assimilate him]
    Arturo: What are you going to do to get Quinn back!?
    Picard: I was thinking about talking to them. Trying to get them to see...
    Everyone: HA!!!
    Picard: And just what the hell was that supposed to mean!?
    Riker: You always talk! Talk, talk, talk, talk! You never shoot!
    Worf: We started this voyage with 200 photon torpedoes. We now have 199!
    We are the laughing stock of the federation!!!
    Picard: But we are a peaceful people! We don't resort to violence to
    solve our problems!
    Rembrant: You sound like a chicken to me.
    Picard: I beg your pardon?
    Data: Chicken: A medium sized bird, native to earth. Commonly used as...
    Picard: THANK YOU MR. DATA! Are you calling me a chicken?
    Rembrant: Yeah, I'm calling you a chicken!
    Riker: Bawk, Bawk, Bawk, Bawk, Bawk!
    Picard: Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!!!!! All right, you people want me
    to shoot the Borg ship!?
    All: YES!!!
    Picard: Fine! Mr. Worf, target the Borg ship!
    Worf: Targeting sir.
    Picard: Fire on the count of three!
    Worf: Understood sir.
    Picard: One...
    Worf: One.
    Picard: Two...
    Worf: Two.
    ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

*Shakes head slowly and sadly at the XP junkies.*

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    I know of no such post. Closest I can think of is the VP related Q&A answer from March 2009.

It never said VP in LE missions would go up, it never said VP in BSs would go up either. All it said was that they would add more options and PvP would likely remain the higher gain option.
    I was sure means said that the gap between LE Mish and BS victory points would shrink, so I actually did a quick search and found this:

Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges

**snip**
    2. Any LE mission, BS or VP changes on the way?

**snip**

**snip**
    2. The change of the clumps to be not "No-drop" and tightening up the ql of the tradeskill process (smaller compatible level range) should make it so this kind of mission is done at higher levels rather than done at level 160 by 220's. We should see some small adjustmet of the VP rate within those dungeons at some point soon-ish. I did say "small" so don't expect these missions to be a better source of VP than BS or other PvP missions...any increase is going make sure that the gap between LE missions and the BS in terms of VP/hour does not grow...but should shrink slightly.
    **snip**
    dont break your nose from facepalming, pheonix.

So far, I have not seen an increase in vp within LE missions since this response, hence why I made the post I did yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    Means, you had mentioned that VP would be increased for alien missions at some point, to decrease the gap between the alien mission and battlestation vp reward. just curious if this is still planned or has been scrapped.

Imo, its great to solo LE missions by yourself, as mitocondria samples etc can provide a small amount of vp, but in a team its a drop in the bucket. would be nice if the clumps that drop off mobs for vp were removed, and instead, you could simply gain vp for each alien killed regardless whether your soloing it out or in a team. i dont think it would be overkill if it was something like 2 vp per mob x titlelevel or something close.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    dont break your nose from facepalming, pheonix.
    I forgot it as I have since and even then greeted it as nonsense or something that wouldn't amount to anything. Look at what has happened at BSs since then and they plan to do in the future. We now have BS daily missions, do one round and get as much as 1.5k extra VP plus XP/SK and tokens. The new PvP zone will be a BS "waiting room" and it has been said that it will give VP too. So first you'll get VP in the new "waiting room", then you could get VP in the BS from those reward items, some more from the end reward then yet more from a BS daily mission. That's a hell of a lot of VP that kept getting piled into BSs on top of the five times or so increase the end reward received compare to what they gave on launch day. Meanwhile mission drops were noticeably nerfed supposedly by accident (although as they never did anything about it you have to wonder about it being an accident) since launch day after they added mission difficulty options.

Unless the VP in missions is increased multiple times over at this point it will not shrink the difference, at least not in any noticeable or meaningful way. Especially compare to when that was stated or earlier as the divide just keeps getting larger. Also as it is a drop it is subject to random luck. Sometime you'll get them often, other times they just won't drop. They are drops which makes them more a solo affair as if done in a team your VP gains can go right down the tubes plus you slow things down a good bit as someone waits to loot while others run off to kill. If LE mission aliens are gimped a good bit as it sounds they will missions will be just as they were at launch, walk in with a self pulled mission, crush the aliens easily and loot. In BSs people can and have formed farm rounds to milk massive amounts of VP out of BSs in little time. A "small" increase in mission VP won't mean jack squat when compared to current BS VP gains. I even said most of that and more in response to that post from Means back then.

Then saying that VP should be automatically gained on a kill is nothing new. Hell, I've been saying that for years, just look at my sig. It seems quite doubtful that they will move away from VP mission gains by way of drops though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast