Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defeat Righteousness - GTH, Borrow Reflect

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    That would be pretty unproffessional of them. But, judging by past practices, I'm not sure if Customer Satisfaction is number 1.

I know in my company Safety is number one, then the customer. But What do they know? They're only a $2.5B dollar corporation.
    Again, try looking past your own personal annoyances.
    DR doesn't affect the community as a whole. There are many things that do that are also awaiting a fix.

This might come a shock to you, but they don't have a department of "Customer and Righteous Happiness Monitoring".

Nobody. Cares.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Again, try looking past your own personal annoyances.
    DR doesn't affect the community as a whole. There are many things that do that are also awaiting a fix.
    Your Program Overload made the NCU crash.You will have to wait untill the NCU cools down to use your nanoprograms!

Complete NSD for 32s, totally random.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

The cost to NOT fix this and have Keepers take a month off or wait another month before coming back to the game is greater than sitting down one Monday and getting it ready for the next patch.
    Profession usefulness has always been in a state of flux. That's why you have so many character slots. Put the keeper away, take a deep breath and roll something fun.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Triskweline View Post
    Profession usefulness has always been in a state of flux. That's why you have so many character slots. Put the keeper away, take a deep breath and roll something fun.
    That its already done or u see a lot of 220 keepers pvp around? 'cos at least on rbk2 there is none (well maybe 1 trying to get ofab, but 0 pvping for fun)

Sure but the OP is acting as if his only option is playing keeper.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

And u dont think if there is none pvping around its 'cos something its wrong? something like this? cmon i see almost every single prof in every bs but never a keeper, they need this fixed , we need this fixed.

Yeah because DR is just SO frequent that it prevents keepers from PVPing. . Please, gimme a break. Their isn't a profession around every corner waiting to DR you. You can't attribute the lack of keeper's PVPing because of DR. They have much worse issues than this. No one is going to convince that if DR was fixed, keepers would be returning to BS PVP in droves.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 22nd, 2010 at 20:17:06.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

"The Community" isn't going to stick up for professions other than their own or the best interests of any others let alone Keepers. It is the members of the Keeper community's responsibility to raise awareness of their troubles to "The Community" and that is what I am doing. If you have your own profession issues like NCU crash, or Pet Killings, you should bring them up to your respective professional and create your own separate thread. This thread discusses Defeat Righteousness, if you'd respect the original post and stay on topic, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey don't get me wrong DR is crap and so are some other nemesis nanos, but let's not try to deny the fact that fixing it wouldn't bring keepers out from the cracks in the rocks to PVP again. There are way more significant things that need to be looked at. Let's also not lose sight that yes, while DR is crap, we do know Mean's et al are going to be addressing these nemesis nanos in much the same manner that BR was so making three threads a day about it accomplishes nothing. It doesn't suit your timetable? That's not really relevant.

Since this is the ballance thread Righteous' posting here seems entirely the right route to take to make certain FC are aware the degree that DR does effect players.

For a number of keepers DR is a bit like the straw that broke the camels back as to why they don't pvp their keepers much anymore and really no one knows how many people might be willing to pvp their keepers again if this nano wasn't as extreme as it is.

I think most of us are quite aware ballancing will take time. But making certain fc knows the extent of the effect of something on players seems like a good idea.
    Last edited by Shaylon; Jun 24th, 2010 at 18:12:51.
    President of Pantheon

Shaylon 220/30/70 Opi Fixer
    Shaysknight 220/30/70 Opi Keeper
    Shevayne 220/22/70 NM Crat
    Shays 173/21 Opi MA
    Triageshay 150 Soli Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Shaylon View Post
    Since this is the ballance thread Righteous' posting here seems entirely the right route to take to make certain FC are aware the degree that DR does effect players.
    This is not the right way to do it though. Report issues to your professional, professional report them to the Community Manager (well if we had one) and he'll report everything to the appropriate devs.

Devs are well aware about it, it has been reported many times for a while now. It's just not on top of their priority list. Spamming it just annoys everyone.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    This is not the right way to do it though. Report issues to your professional, professional report them to the Community Manager (well if we had one) and he'll report everything to the appropriate devs.

Devs are well aware about it, it has been reported many times for a while now. It's just not on top of their priority list. Spamming it just annoys everyone.
    Spamming DR just annoys every Keeper. This post has been here a while and was moved from the 18.3 forum.

Am I supposed to sit idly by and wait and hope for the change that a developer recognizes the issue and corrects it? Or take the proactive approach and bring up the issue and take it seriously? I think the latter. If I really thought the Professional program was that effective, I would be regretting my resignation from the position.

A lot of people here are claiming "BUT THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS!!!" Yeah, okay, maybe there are, but it doesn't mean this shouldn't be brought up in a manner of discourse. It's important to me as well as many other Keepers. I really don't understand how a few pixels in a forum or text can really annoy SO many people. Maybe you all need to go outside for a while and clear your headspace since you are reacting so much to a collection of words.

Maybe you all need to go outside for a while and clear your headspace since you are reacting so much to a collection of words.
    Maybe you need to go outside a little, instead of spewing this one every now and then.

At least you got official "we are working on it" answer.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Where was that?

Unless you're referring to Means closing one of the threads and saying it will be addressed.

Am I supposed to sit idly by and wait and hope for the change that a developer recognizes the issue and corrects it? Or take the proactive approach and bring up the issue and take it seriously? I think the latter. If I really thought the Professional program was that effective, I would be regretting my resignation from the position.
    (...)

I really don't understand how a few pixels in a forum or text can really annoy SO many people. Maybe you all need to go outside for a while and clear your headspace since you are reacting so much to a collection of words.
    Spamming is against forum rules. Imagine everyone doing the same as you about what they dislike about the game.. Why do you think devs don't even bother posting in here anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    The only official answer is that they will rework all nemesis nanos but that's not what keepers are asking. We want a temp fix.
    blah

Spamming is against forum rules. Imagine everyone doing the same as you about what they dislike about the game.. Why do you think devs don't even bother posting in here anymore?
    Spamming is against the forum rules. But this isn't spamming.

Devs don't bother posting in here because everytime they say something, people take their word for gospel and begin the ass kissing. Developers are people too, with jobs. They don't have magic powers, and they don't really care to build lasting relationships with PEN PALS (forum users). Hence the tendency to let real issues fall by the wayside while they follow an alternate agenda. Within this pessimistic, cynical scenario, customers are neglected and discontent ensues. If ONE thread here creates this much of a ripple effect, maybe I have accomplished my goal and woken some people up to what paying customers really want to see in order to have faith in a company and continue paying their subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yeah because DR is just SO frequent that it prevents keepers from PVPing. . Please, gimme a break. Their isn't a profession around every corner waiting to DR you. You can't attribute the lack of keeper's PVPing because of DR. They have much worse issues than this. No one is going to convince that if DR was fixed, keepers would be returning to BS PVP in droves.
    Well i kown more than 4 keepers that just dont pvp at bs 'cos that nano, i pvp a lot (and i mean a lot) in bs and its strange when there isnt a shade inside trust me, i pvp in the past a lot wiht my keeper and yes i just left pvp (massive pvp) just for that nano, i will bring him back if they fix that nano? ofc, i cant tell u about all keepers but there are a few will do the same.

The only official answer is that they will rework all nemesis nanos but that's not what keepers are asking. We want a temp fix.
    Everybody wants one (except maybe ranged advies, they are perfect).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by elsaa2 View Post
    Well i kown more than 4 keepers that just dont pvp at bs 'cos that nano, i pvp a lot (and i mean a lot) in bs and its strange when there isnt a shade inside trust me, i pvp in the past a lot wiht my keeper and yes i just left pvp (massive pvp) just for that nano, i will bring him back if they fix that nano? ofc, i cant tell u about all keepers but there are a few will do the same.
    Ah wait ... you aren't PREVENTED from PVPing, you just choose not to. I'm not wanting to arguing about semantics with you but that's just your perception. It was the same with soldier and BR .... and the good ones weren't prevented from PVPing either, they just adjusted their play to address the presence of a trader.

I'm not suggesting keepers can do the same with shades, but DR isn't keeping anyone from hitting 'yes' on the BS invite. 100% of the opponents on BS aren't shades and the frequency you get DR'ed isn't = to the instant you step out of decon room either. Fixing DR isn't going to bring the majority of keepers back to PVP. It's not your primary problem.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 25th, 2010 at 15:55:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Ah wait ... you aren't PREVENTED from PVPing, you just choose not to. I'm not wanting to arguing about semantics with you but that's just your perception. It was the same with soldier and BR .... and the good ones weren't prevented from PVPing either, they just adjusted their play to address the presence of a trader.

I'm not suggesting keepers can do the same with shades, but DR isn't keeping anyone from hitting 'yes' on the BS invite. 100% of the opponents on BS aren't shades and the frequency you get DR'ed isn't = to the instant you step out of decon room either. Fixing DR isn't going to bring the majority of keepers back to PVP. It's not your primary problem.
    Yeah, seriously. Try having a nemesis nano that strips you of your professions one and only defense then complain (soldiers and the old BR, NTs and GTH). The way I see it, all that keepers lose from their precious auras are blockers, some add damage and a AAO/AAD buff (depending on what they have running). Whoopity f-ing do. There are plenty of professions who pvp just fine without any of those. You still got coon, br and a medium heal if you want to talk about defense.

And like Obtena said, there are bigger problems with keepers than just this one nano. Annoying yes, needs to be re-worked yes. Do you need to play the smallest violin every time you make one of your emo Defeat Righteousness posts, no, do you need to pull the 'this is how customers are treated' card, no.
    Last edited by MachSchau; Jun 25th, 2010 at 23:06:57.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast