Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FC need to fix runspeed in the next patch.

FC need to fix runspeed in the next patch.

its a very very very flawed pvp system when melee never can catch a ranged toon since they removed strafe running.

its simple math... 1 toon shoots at the target and 1 person is out of range.. who gonna win.

i thought i read somewhere that FC was goin to fix kiting.... the removal of strafe running just made it so much worse cause now theres 0 chance to catch a kiter.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Tbh, strafe running was stupid. Very much like the N00b Comics hand-on-the-a$$ run exploit... The real question would be why they did not lift the run speed caps instead of allowing the silly diagonal running to become a wide-spread use.

As for the "able to catch/be caught" aspect, I would say the problem just changed the professions affected. I mean, who could catch a raging, rage proced, gsfed, wolfed, strafe running enfo before the fixed it?

However, it's true melee professions are now even less likely to get in range of their opponent. I suppose the reworked run speed mechanic will cover that for the most part, but however they do it, I suspect catching a fixer will remain a trial. In a way, it's in line with the fixer template.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    its a very very very flawed pvp system when melee never can catch a ranged toon since they removed strafe running.
    Let us get this straight first.

You couldn't catch ranged toon (with the same run speed) even when strafe run was in effect, if that ranged toon was also using strafe running.

So, this change brought nothing but the fact that this exploit can't be used anymore.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Tbh, strafe running was stupid. Very much like the N00b Comics hand-on-the-a$$ run exploit...
    i remember falling off the chair when i saw some dude using double-ass-mode run sploit in the noob comic, always made me imagine how would double-strafe-mode work in ao
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

just give a charge ability with a stun to every melee, should work only if target 5m away, so it doesnt affect melee vs melee.

5m away means you cant reach them with you blade.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

well as an enf i didnt have that problem with strafe running since i had top runspeed while doin it.
    but seruisly this needs a quickfix asap, a good kiter is never ever ever gonna get cuoght by a melee
    toon as it is atm.

I always liked strafe-running on my MP in BS. He only has about 1.9k RS self'd, so it was always a gamble. "Will they catch me this time? How about on this corner?"

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    I'm melee and I approve of this change, I hope it never gets reverted.
    Well I'm mele and I approve of the op's post. He isn't asking to revert it, he is saying that with it changed mele has a 0% chance of killing somone who is dead set on kiting and hes right there is no way you are going to catch up to somone who is already 20m ahed of you and only stops for .000000001 of a second to smash their face on their AS, FA, Fling, or Burst button (or any combination of) and then continue runing.

If anything ranged and melee either need diffrent RS caps giving the higher cap to mele (and fixers) and the lower cap to ranged classes (or classes that generaly play with a ranged setup). Its that or cave in and give melee a decent 10-15 sec snare usable every 25-30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Its that or cave in and give melee a decent 10-15 sec snare usable every 25-30 seconds.
    Lets give them debuffs as well. Oh, wait... They already have that too.

well its insanely stupid to have every class run the exact same runspeed and have ranged toons shoot at a greater range.. it means that a skilled kiter can never be caught in the pvp system breaking melee completely.
    wow fixed the issue by having rogues and druids run 25% faster. deathknights had a pullback skill and warriors had a charge.
    theres gotta be some way for melee to catch ranged in a game like this or melee is forever broken.

theres gotta be some way for melee to catch ranged in a game like this...
    You mean, better options to deal with CC, like the ones you already have?

well as an enf i didnt have that problem with strafe running since i had top runspeed while doin it.
    That's the 'fix' made, now noone can catch up and noone can really escape. Next 'fix' will be cc tools for everyone!
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    You mean, better options to deal with CC, like the ones you already have?
    no i mean that not every class should run at capped runspeed.
    melee needs to run faster then ranegd... its simple logic.
    if melee cant run faster then ranged then melee can never catch ranged.
    meaning melee is at a hughe dissadventage in pvp as soon as a ranged starts kiting.
    its not much pvp when only 1 class can hit the other.

How about making the rs cap a litle higher but most of all make GSF and other rs buffs self only.
    That would make alot of difference since not all profession will be able to reach the rs cap then.

Lets give them debuffs as well. Oh, wait... They already have that too.
    Klod, are you really arguing that it would be OP for a melee toon to actualy gain the ability to get in range, and as a result be able to fight back against a ranged toon?

If not could you explain why that suggestion is op because I really dont see it

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Klod, are you really arguing that it would be OP for a melee toon to actualy gain the ability to get in range, and as a result be able to fight back against a ranged toon?

If not could you explain why that suggestion is op because I really dont see it
    You can already do that.

BTW, I don't mind you getting higher cap, once you lose various resistance/immunities to CC.

You can already do that.
    How?

Enfs can use rage wich dose nothing now if both he and his target are RS caped

Keepers have a very good snare but its on a 10 min cd so you cant really count on it

Shades have faster than your shadow wich has the same problem as enf rage

Ma's can... well they have velocity wich is an extra 70 rs i suppose.

Beond that all mele has are the same tools and items availible to every profession (sharp obj, AS, root grafts, and proly a few other things I cant seem to think of atm)

BTW, I don't mind you getting higher cap, once you lose various resistance/immunities to CC.
    Wich imunitys would those be? I'm fairly fond of my ma's ability to resist all stuns so id rather not see that go (ma's dont really need that nerf any way) I could aggree to a SD nerf once the balance patch comes out (or at least the part of it that gives debuffs like roots/snares diffrent durations in pvp than in pve) I dont advidly play much more then my ma so If i missed something feel free to correct me.

So if melee gets a higher rs cap then ranged, will they give roots/snares to all ranged profession that don't have them? Otherwise they would have no chance of escaping or stopping someone from escaping them.

Get GSF and you can catch that nasty kiter! Wow! Who would've thought, a useful buff :O
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast