Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FC need to fix runspeed in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by n3opaid2 View Post
    So if melee gets a higher rs cap then ranged, will they give roots/snares to all ranged profession that don't have them? Otherwise they would have no chance of escaping or stopping someone from escaping them.
    If they dont and you ask for them I assume that most mele will simply tell you to use root graphs to get away as that is what most ranged has told mele what to use to close the gap since... forever. But honestly like klod said if the "weaker" ranged classes have the ability to debuff mele (by a reasonable amount!) then it should be a relitivly fair fight in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Get GSF and you can catch that nasty kiter! Wow! Who would've thought, a useful buff :O
    Did you read any of the thread or just glance at the title?

I read the thread. I didn't see anyone complain about anything but that.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    no i mean that not every class should run at capped runspeed.
    melee needs to run faster then ranegd... its simple logic.
    if melee cant run faster then ranged then melee can never catch ranged.
    meaning melee is at a hughe dissadventage in pvp as soon as a ranged starts kiting.
    its not much pvp when only 1 class can hit the other.
    And what about us profs who cannot tank MAs, Shades, and Enfs toe to toe? What are we supposed to do? Try and run only to get caught and die?

Until Roots and Snares land consistently, reliably, and are unbreakable even by the oh so retarded Rage nanos, and last 10ish seconds, then Melee cannot consistently catch ranged toons by simply running faster.

You're asking for lots of professions to simply die because you hit /follow on them and faceroll perks.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I read the thread. I didn't see anyone complain about anything but that.
    People are complaining that its virtualy impossible for a melee to catch a decent kiter because RS is hardcaped at 2400. In essence they are complaining about the RS cap making it so there is no real/reliable way to catch a kiter. Not about people kiting in itself. So if you did read the thread you may need to take a reading comp class or something.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Blablabla.

Easy.
    lol <3

well its a flaved pvp system when someone can be kited indefenately.
    it doesnt matter if some melee destroys some class instantly they get in range.
    that is a matter of balance wich FC is looking into.
    the runspeed cap that all classes can acheuve by getting a GSF right now tho is something that breaks all the melee classes completely.
    i know that mastablasta doesnt think that is a flaved pvp situation but he generally doesnt have anything constructive to add to threads on this forums.
    but if FC doesnt hotfix this, it is gonna be a serius issue for ALL the melee players in this game.
    this is a MMO not need for speed where its about outrunning the other players.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

It "breaks" them as much as it did before the patch. Stop with this fantasy of yours already.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    As a MA I could never catch anything anyway, at least I can keep up now, at least I don't have to deal with crap like docs/NTs with gsf anymore, I can run from ranged advs, I can chase after enfs and it won't be futile, life is much better now.
    but if FC doesnt hotfix this, it is gonna be a serius issue for ALL the melee players in this game.
    this is a MMO not need for speed where its about outrunning the other players.
    ... ok
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

How 'bout them Enfo fears?

2 min CD and pretty short range

And yet, melee profs kill ranged profs all the time. How is this even possible?
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    I've killed a ranged advy before, clearly ranged advys are the nerfest.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    it might be cause the ranged person is to dumb to kite?

Or the melee person is smart enough to circumvent the kite?
    General of First Order

fixers should be hard to catch by melee toons cuz fixers specialize in running and dodging attacks.

hard and impossible is 2 different things.
    i can agree that it should be hard to catch a fixer but not impossible.

hard and impossible is 2 different things.
    i can agree that it should be hard to catch a fixer but not impossible.
    Well, 6 weeks ago it was impossible to catch an Enfo with GSF and Wolf.

How many standards are we going to have here?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

yeah but the difference is that melee needs to be able to close the gap on ranged or they will never ever be able to fight a ranged toon.

yeah but the difference is that melee needs to be able to close the gap on ranged or they will never ever be able to fight a ranged toon.
    How is that different from a Ranged toon being unable to close the gap on a melee toon enough to fight them? Hell, ranged toons don't even need to get as close, yet were still unable to get in range of hitting Enfs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this problem is much more complex than simply letting melee toons run faster. Until you come up with a better solution than that, this should not be implemented.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

i cant even believe that u are arguin against it sultry ... its a very simple fact that melee needs to have a way of closing the gap in pvp or the ranged will kite indefinately.
    a melee that is running AWAY from u isnt the same thing as someone ranged running away and still shooting devestating shots at u.
    if a melee runs away from u he cant hit u. while u can hit the melee out of his range if u are running away from him.
    Melee needs to be able to close the gap in pvp and theres no arguing against it..

while u can hit the melee out of his range if u are running away from him.
    Ranged can't run and shoot at the same time.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast