Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 170 agents needs nerf :)

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Oh and klod , just to make it perfectly clear other agents DONT get to kill me that fast because I CAN use free movment kits .
    Yes, probably because you can have almost 3 x the amount of HP to go along with that, compared to your cannon fodder.

Good point. Keep it up.

Writing down that agents can have way too much HP at tl5.

P.S Klody make a twink and try it out , you`ll notice things change they arent as people post and whine around on the forums .
    I did, a level 165 soldier. They are the nerfest. Even agents waste them before TMS goes down.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by viktory22 View Post
    "Would like to see 2.1k def setup. Considering that CS *agent stun* checks AS skill
    im not gonna put setup on display, but its currently at 2121.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Yes, probably because you can have almost 3 x the amount of HP to go along with that, compared to your cannon fodder.

Good point. Keep it up.

Last time i checked AS/CS caps my hp also ... and th rest of the 40% will go down after Fuzz/Nanofest so oh guess what it doesnt matter as long as your not a enf/soldier .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Oh and klod , just to make it perfectly clear other agents DONT get to kill me that fast because I CAN use free movment kits
    I'm guessing having CH has something to do with that too. Because seriously, my toons die to agent alpha regardless of whether I'm stunned or not, and if we talk about MP even if they're not stunned all they can do to defend while agent alpha executes is use a first aid stim and a gimp healperk, which is like what, 1k healing?

Oh and what's with engies being able to "counter" agents? I don't recall engies having stuns so an agent can just CH through an engi's alpha, then UBT and /win.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Demonstration:

Code:
    Prof.  Alpha
    A       9001
    B       5000
    C       4600
    D       4500

Nerf A to 4900:

Code:
    Prof.  Alpha
    B       5000
    A       4900
    C       4600
    D       4500
    Some other profession takes their place? I don't think so. Someone else is #1 but nobody takes their place at over 9000.

Myself, I don't mind the agents that bad but that's because I play engie. Enfs, on the other hand, are another matter...
    you obviously have never played a tl5 toon if you think 5k is the next biggest alpha. The fact that an mp is complaining that some1 alpha'ed them is insane. If a low hp twink gets hit by speacils they fail. The fact that every profession has the ability to have 2 good speacils/AI perks is out there.
    Even a doc could alpha a 5k hp toon.

This thread got started b/c an MP (not even close to the best evade profession at tl5) complained that a 5b cred toon beat them.
    Last edited by viktory22; Jun 20th, 2010 at 19:41:36.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    ... over 9000.
    Seriously?

This thread got started b/c an MP (not even close to the best evade profession at tl5) complained that a 5b cred toon beat them.
    You don't need 5 billion to cap CS/AS/fling/crit on roughly 80% of people.

Last time i checked AS/CS caps my hp also ... and th rest of the 40% will go down after Fuzz/Nanofest so oh guess what it doesnt matter as long as your not a enf/soldier .
    Good thing the rest of us have access to CH after we use FM. Oh, wait...

You don't need 5 billion to cap CS/AS/fling/crit on roughly 80% of people.

Good thing the rest of us have access to CH after we use FM. Oh, wait...
    Well 80% of people in BS are there for VPs so ofc not. Not sure about rk1 but on rk2 there are very very good evade twinks built out there and yea 245CSS/Igocs/250imps/top symbs/250 cobra is needed.

Is a twink not defined by the QL of the gear and skill of the player?

And ofc you dont 5b. We get this nano called absolute concentration which is 6sec of 200% crit chance which in pvp becomes 100%.

But for those other 20% of the people i like to have a setup im comfortable with.
    Last edited by viktory22; Jun 20th, 2010 at 19:56:02.

Well 80% of people in BS are there for VPs so ofc not.
    I was thinking more of percentage of professions, when I said "people".

Is a twink not defined by the QL of the gear and skill of the player?
    It is, but 80% of it comes from its OP'd toolset.

Ok well still my point stands. Out of the other 80% of professions 90% of the people playing them are there for vp.

The toolset is only OP if the "twink" is willing to go the extra mile and make it so. But then again, how about a 170 MA using alb arrows/AS/SA/Stun

there are large alphas out there the problem is the professions which have the ability to use them are under looked. Such as soldiers with FA/Burst/AS/Feast or fuzz.

By the way if you want to talk about AR setups.
    agent in fp doc ofc since the complaint now isnt alpha but CH

Enf > agent
    sol > agent
    Trader (can be) > agent

im noticing that so called low hp twinks would lose to any of the 3 listed above

Also noticed that Feble and Revanagent were referenced. Knowing each of them you do realize they are carrying high ql towers which at tl5 is a huge increase. 100 AR and 1k hp from towers right there. (Anyone with towers can get that ofc)
    Last edited by viktory22; Jun 20th, 2010 at 20:13:47.

OK and why do I have to make an agent if I want some PvP fun? Why can't I spend 5 billion on, say, MP and pwn like you guys?

OK and why do I have to make an agent if I want some PvP fun? Why can't I spend 5 billion on, say, MP and pwn like you guys?
    An MP is defined as a support toon is it not? Its not an evade toon.

Why dont u spend a bil on a fix or MA or Enf or Sol or trader or keeper or NT or engi and compete with them. The fact that were even comparing an MP vs Agent is insane. Assassin vs Support toon (wonder which one should win)

The fact that MP is one of the weakest professions at tl5 is one reason not to roll it if your a Solo person. Also because an MP toolset for pvp becomes evident at tl7. Toolsets are designed to be given at different levels for different professions MP being the weakest imo at tl5 (we dont talk about shades here!)
    Last edited by viktory22; Jun 20th, 2010 at 20:23:02.

Why dont u spend a bil on a fix or MA or Enf or Sol or trader or keeper or NT or engi and compete with them. The fact that were even comparing an MP vs Agent is insane. Assassin vs Support toon (wonder which one should win)

The fact that MP is one of the weakest professions at tl5 is one reason not to roll it if your a Solo person.
    Seriously, dude... So, instead of fixing one, or balancing (nerfing) the other to be more in line with the rest (easier to do), you suggest me to go with the FotM (favor of the decade more likely)?

Seriously, dude... So, instead of fixing one, or balancing (nerfing) the other to be more in line with the rest (easier to do), you suggest me to go with the FotM (favor of the decade more likely)?
    The whole idea of nerfing is getting out of hand. Everytime you nerf one profession another springs up and becomes just as great. But obviously you dont understand that professions are played different ways. Why not take the harder route once and maybe give the MP a better thing at tl5 so they become more in the pack. Why do you have to destroy a profession?

Why should a support toon become even to a toon meant to have a high chance 1v1?
    Why would you roll an MP and whine about it getting perked when everyone in the game knows that MPs are not the best evaders?

Personally the agent is ahead of the others but the others are not far behind. Many people survive at tl5 and not all of them are agents.....

And if you claim it is that easy Klod. Roll an agent and twink one out and im sure i can find you a list of toons who would like to duel/pvp you and im sure they would have high chances of winning.
    Last edited by viktory22; Jun 20th, 2010 at 20:41:50.

The fact that were even comparing an MP vs Agent is insane. Assassin vs Support toon (wonder which one should win)
    Why should a support toon become even to a toon meant to have a high chance 1v1?
    Haha. Yeah Klod, stay behind and give people mochies.

MPs have a good toolset at tl5. But to execute it to its fullest it msut be in a team which is also equally as good.

But seriously why would one roll a tl5 mp twink evades and complain they get perked. If u wanna be an evade toon roll one that is a lot more focused on them.

you obviously have never played a tl5 toon if you think 5k is the next biggest alpha.
    That example, my friend, was an exercise in numbers to prove your statement wrong. The actual numbers did not matter, but their relationship. For all that it mattered, the numbers could have been 9, 5, 4.5 and 4 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Oh and what's with engies being able to "counter" agents? I don't recall engies having stuns so an agent can just CH through an engi's alpha, then UBT and /win.
    Agents in "I R AR + pwn"-setup (or maybe they're just gimped) often seem to lack NR to resist Hostile Takeover, 1/4 chance that you're debuffing nano init and then it's just Chaotic + Grasp + easy shot + AS and you may have time to dimach too if it's up, though those tiny agents sure are annoying to grasp. Sure there's some other tricks as well, in BS you obviously can outlast an agent alpha with blocker + coon, then root graft and 2 nano drain mines makes for an unhappy agent - even if it is only once every 6 minutes. It's still satisfying though, even if only every 6 minutes.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

[QUOTE=eroz_c;5809358]That example, my friend, was an exercise in numbers to prove your statement wrong. The actual numbers did not matter, but their relationship. For all that it mattered, the numbers could have been 9, 5, 4.5 and 4 or so.

[QUOTE]

Actual numbers matter do you not understand mathmatics. To show a relationship between alphas you need actual numbers. Or i could just make something up and say there are 3 apples to every orange in this world. While it may be a relationship it also may be untrue...

To show a relationship between alphas you must first understand that agent is biggest but that others are not far behind.

BTW how can you prove my statement wrong. I clearly said another profession had to take the place if you nerf one. Obviously that was an exercise of simple mathmatics. If 1 becomes less than 2 than 2 becomes greater than 1.

Only way to prove my statement wrong is if your on the same boat as others who want everyone to have the same setup/toolsets/etc..

And when you make the point about every 6minutes. The agent alpha is only at its best every 6minutes.
    Last edited by viktory22; Jun 20th, 2010 at 21:10:21.

wow viktor ur narrowminded and have no interest in balance from what i have read in ur posts.
    imo u should stop arguing ur point cause u realy arnt making one.
    FC has decided to try and make a more balanced game (complete balance is impossible) and thus started those forums to get player input about what is OP and what needs adjustments and suggestions on how to do so.
    agents alpha at 170 is to strong as it is atm.
    thats what the players that have posted in this thread are trying to communicate to the dev team.
    they arent saying that agents should be nerfed into oblivion.
    they are asking for something to either be nerfed or to get better defences to actually be able to fight back once u faceroll ur keyboard.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    wow viktor ur narrowminded and have no interest in balance from what i have read in ur posts.
    imo u should stop arguing ur point cause u realy arnt making one.
    FC has decided to try and make a more balanced game (complete balance is impossible) and thus started those forums to get player input about what is OP and what needs adjustments and suggestions on how to do so.
    agents alpha at 170 is to strong as it is atm.
    thats what the players that have posted in this thread are trying to communicate to the dev team.
    they arent saying that agents should be nerfed into oblivion.
    they are asking for something to either be nerfed or to get better defences to actually be able to fight back once u faceroll ur keyboard.
    The balance forum was made for ideas to be thrown out there not whines. Give a reasonable idea and i will discuss with you and maybe change my mind. Keep whining and i will just bring up a list of twinks i know who spent time on their toons and may lose to an agent yes but will also beat that agent as well. Which is what pvp is about.

There has not been 1 way to improve it which is what the balance forums are about. Instead it created a place for whiners/flamers/trolls to live.

And what is nerfing but a way for people to feel better about themselves knowing that 1 thing is destroyed. Because if you nerf an agent alpha and make it less are you not destroying it in a way?
    Last edited by viktory22; Jun 20th, 2010 at 21:26:06.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast