Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Lold... er... Friday with(out) Means - June 11th, 2010: Hai noobs!

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    If a locked thread about birthday content is going to be this week's "Friday With Means," they should say so.
    Thats what i was thinking xD
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Well, Means is online...so maybe...I dunno!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Does the Kintaii post detailing the 9th anniversary stuff count as the FwM for this week?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Why not?

Older content gets easier over time. Why is that such a hard concept?

The bigger problem now is they're not introducing new, harder content in such large chunks.
    What hard content?

Revamp? Why upgrade one aspect (the players) but not some other things like those?
    It would be in the interests of having more to do that is interesting and fun, not just a push over walk in the park.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    Revamp? Why upgrade one aspect (the players) but not some other things like those?
    It would be in the interests of having more to do that is interesting and fun, not just a push over walk in the park.
    QUite simply because it's moving the goal posts, people like to aim for targets, being able to solo LotV is one of those goal posts, if FC starting moving the goal posts every time then people would start getting frustrated, it's why there needs to be new harder content to provide new Goal posts.

One of the bigger problems really is some time in the past I believe some FC dev team decided to make things harder they'd increase the health of the higher end mobs, this however didn't make thing much harder, it did make things more boring though. If the Developers do want to make things harder, give the mobs neat tricks which players can potentially circumvent, Don't give mobs random procs which are really just random annoyingness.

There's no point in making LotV harder though, if anything the boredom and grind needs to be taken out of it by reducing the health it has.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    ... If the Developers do want to make things harder, give the mobs neat tricks which players can potentially circumvent, ...
    I agree with this bit whole heartedly.

However, some things should always be just out of reach. LoTV should never have been possible solo.
    It should have remained that giant fish that keeps getting away and you keep dreaming about getting. Succeeding with a team, then an good four man team and it teases you, taunts you. Then you would try with an exceptional three man team but find it impossible. Not know it. "So close but just so far."
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

I agree with this bit whole heartedly.

However, some things should always be just out of reach. LoTV should never have been possible solo.
    It should have remained that giant fish that keeps getting away and you keep dreaming about getting. Succeeding with a team, then an good four man team and it teases you, taunts you. Then you would try with an exceptional three man team but find it impossible. Not know it. "So close but just so far."
    It would get to the point where it's not worth doing for the reward it gives, to be honest I've not bothered with it for a while cause the elusive ql 300 Rings are pretty rare and that's the only loot it drops that I can think of that's worth having, and I don't even need them any more. So no, over time as players get stronger older content should become easier.

If it keeps getting harder the loot needs to be improved as well or people stop going, leaving the people who do need/want the loot without much chance of getting it because they're too gimpy by the new difficulty standard to get it with a reasonable sized team.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    ... If it keeps getting harder the loot needs to be improved as well ...
    Yes!

All around. The arch nemesis that the players never seem able to two, three team or solo!
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Typeon View Post
    -snip-
    AO is a MMORPG with some PvP contents and as people have said earlier, this not a MMOFPS. Also, it has some PvP contents but if said PvP contents gets expanded (to oblivion) the way you want it to be.. then AO would lose its 'feel'. (for me and friends as least)

AND Devs, if you are listening and you do what this PvPer wants, I QUIT! *shakes fists*

Do not make this MMO SOLELY based upon PvP please! ((

there's no need to turn ao in an complete pvp fest. And the devs won't do it. What I do hope, is that they add cool pvp feature's in such a way that it doesn't become medatory do so, in order to get stuff you can not get in normal other ways. And also keep the features as options, so no one not wanting is forced to participate.

And I have full faith in the dev team doing so
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

Quote Originally Posted by darkwalkx View Post
    there's no need to turn ao in an complete pvp fest. And the devs won't do it. What I do hope, is that they add cool pvp feature's in such a way that it doesn't become medatory do so, in order to get stuff you can not get in normal other ways. And also keep the features as options, so no one not wanting is forced to participate.

And I have full faith in the dev team doing so
    Based on what evidence? We're sitting at some 3.5 years of AO dev teams trying to get everyone into BSs to get VP at this point. The Means team has done so as well by adding dailies and the forth coming "waiting room" to BSs.

I have faith in them because they improved the game a lot already, and don't seem to have intentions not doing so anymore. And what's wrong with the waiting room for BS?
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Based on what evidence? We're sitting at some 3.5 years of AO dev teams trying to get everyone into BSs to get VP at this point. The Means team has done so as well by adding dailies and the forth coming "waiting room" to BSs.
    I agree.
    Why won't they leave the dead horse alone? Those of us that don't want to PvP frequently are simply not interested.
    Quit with the carrots and trying to make it necessary. I will gimp myself in extraordinary ways before I will go and farm VP or do that BS on even a weekly basis.
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?

I agree. Why won't they leave the dead horse alone? Those of us that don't want to PvP frequently are simply not interested.
    So, this means they are not allowed to add pvp content for those who do want to, or?

And can some one explain me what's wrong with the waiting rooms idea.

So, this means they are not allowed to add pvp content for those who do want to, or?
    If they added PvP content for people that want to PvP and kept it that way it'd be fine, that's not the case though. Especially now that better items for use in PvP gained in other ways have been added VP is not really of much interest to someone that wants to PvP. As a result it's not much of a reward for those PvPing in PvP content.

VP although does tend to be of more interest to those not looking to PvP. Yet AO dev teams from the first month after the launch of LE have only been increasing the VP in BSs. Only just recently has there been some change in non-BS VP with LE missions getting at least some higher VP drops after being nerfed a week after launch.

BS daily missions giving XP/SK, VP and tokens would be of far more interest to the lvling char than the completed PvP char. Such a lvling char can just be target practice to a PvP char. So all this VP and the dailies are just ways to bring those that didn't want to go to a PvP zone into a PvP zone. They even said that's what they were trying to do before the first VP bump at BSs.

And can some one explain me what's wrong with the waiting rooms idea.
    So there's some mobs running around in a 0% gas zone that if you kill and loot them you can get VP. Supposedly it's going to be of interest to even those that don't want to PvP as I guess we get VP there from killing the mobs, not players. Although as lvling chars won't stand a chance of surviving against the attacks of a PvP aimed char unless the place is huge so it's hard to find people I can't see a lvling char getting too far with it. This especially is the case at it is a 0% zone so everyone can attack you, not just those on the opposing side.

BS forces people, wo have little to no interest in Pvp, and with toons not prepared for it, to serve as targets for those with specially twinked toons. The waiting area seems to be more of exactly the same. I suspect it is even worst because it will frustrate VP farmers even more. Imagine having one of the VP dropping mobs almost killed and being ganked by someone who then will be able to finish the mob of. Being ganked and kill-stolen at the same time. Thats a crowd pleaser for sure. A very "interesting" concept of fun.

And answering bluntly your question.

The problem, as is obvious to all except you and a couple others, is not developing PvP content, but developing more of the same stupid PvP content.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I agree.
    Why won't they leave the dead horse alone? Those of us that don't want to PvP frequently are simply not interested.
    Quit with the carrots and trying to make it necessary. I will gimp myself in extraordinary ways before I will go and farm VP or do that BS on even a weekly basis.
    I am with you on that one -> "I will gimp myself in extraordinary ways before I will go and farm VP or do that BS on even a weekly basis." Am doing just that (not farming VP in BS)
    Last edited by luvhel; Jun 25th, 2010 at 18:02:36.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910