Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lold... er... Friday with(out) Means - June 11th, 2010: Hai noobs!

i like turtles
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

get back to to work slackers!
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Alien daily missions I can't wait.

I am looking forward to the new alien pf: However hearing its yet another team instance is concerning. Finding Dark Ruins teams can be hard enough and so that pf is left under utilized. I wonder if this team playfield will be the same thing a month or two after it comes out. The idea is nice though. I'm withholding my judgement until I see how it goes.
    President of Pantheon

Shaylon 220/30/70 Opi Fixer
    Shaysknight 220/30/70 Opi Keeper
    Shevayne 220/22/70 NM Crat
    Shays 173/21 Opi MA
    Triageshay 150 Soli Doc

All hail Macrosun Genele!

Will AXP dailies give tokens too?
    What items will alien mobs drop in there?
    City, LE or new stuff?
    Why are screenshots blurry?
    Alien missions look too asian?
    Why do you hate me?
    blah

uhgm, ok
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Wow so much Funcom people here... let me guess you are all sitting just in your office and wait for the world cup to start to watch it together, that is the reason why no one is working and you all are spamming here... thought this was my job oh noes.

Aliens look fine, but what can i "expect" from alien killer training, do i get some shiny tools that kill them... speaking grenades like in Starship Trooper maybe? that would be fun (i just suggest you watch the movie to get some ideas for the training area hehe)

Lol an alien combat simulator?

I want a small desktop version for my apartment. It will be good entertainment when the friends drop by friday night for beer.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    All hail Macrosun Genele!

1: Will AXP dailies give tokens too?
    2: What items will alien mobs drop in there?
    3: City, LE or new stuff?
    4: Why are screenshots blurry?
    5: Alien missions look too asian?
    6: Why do you hate me?
    1: Most likely.
    2: Normal alien loot, not vp.
    3: Yes!
    4: I must have forgotten to photoshop them! :P
    5: Don't they all...
    6: Why not?

second page for ones

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    Aliens look fine, but what can i "expect" from alien killer training, do i get some shiny tools that kill them... speaking grenades like in Starship Trooper maybe? that would be fun (i just suggest you watch the movie to get some ideas for the training area hehe)
    In that mindset, maybe some campy propaganda from the ICC on billboards, filled with blatant lies about the aliens? They are interactive billboards (yet, spamming E button doesn't do anything), why not give the newer players something to tinker with to keep them interested when on Shuttleport? Or, introduce it in whatever new startup experience is being developed. Informational billboards don't hurt, it's passive and doesn't interfere with the more experienced players who will blitz what they need before hitting the mainland.

Motivate them to kill aliens (using more propaganda). Introduce an APF for lower level players? You already have aliens on Shuttleport that are easily killable for AXP; would it be out of the question for lower level players to have an APF when on the mainland? Allow lower level toons (and lesser experienced players) to get their AXP elsewhere, instead of LE mishes.
    Last edited by Waahash; Jun 11th, 2010 at 15:19:30.

Will the alien solo missions be setup with average geared players in mind or well-built characters?

Also, please no snare towers of super healing every mob around+CHing mobs+massive UBTing mobs in the 150-200 sector please Just one of the three would be fine I think.

ASL?

Can you design me a robe and wizard hat?

Sweet, solo Alien missions! Woot!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Will the alien solo missions be setup with average geared players in mind or well-built characters?

Also, please no snare towers of super healing every mob around+CHing mobs+massive UBTing mobs in the 150-200 sector please Just one of the three would be fine I think.
    The solo mission should be possible to complete for an average player. I will do my best to balance them at all level ranges.

There will be no snare towers or ubt... Some of the aliens might heal however. I plan to create new kind of aliens and possibly randomize the spawn inside the new alien sector so it might feel a bit different each time you go there.

I approve of this FwG! Sounds like good stuff, who doens't like killing aliens!
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

hello Dark Ruins guy

thx 4 good news on alien stuff !

hope the startup experience revamp is in the tube too.
    having restarted myself, i found that :
    - noob island is cute but design (mainly textures, more than geometry) need a 2010 touch
    - WTB some newlooked tutorials (with at least sound, may be video even) to explain game basis
    - quests & rewards r balanced, however once in sub credit income is low compared to shop prices

my 2 cents. byez & gg for you first FwoM !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    hello Dark Ruins guy
    She must have had a sex change recently that we haven't heard of yet

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The solo mission should be possible to complete for an average player. I will do my best to balance them at all level ranges.

There will be no snare towers or ubt... Some of the aliens might heal however. I plan to create new kind of aliens and possibly randomize the spawn inside the new alien sector so it might feel a bit different each time you go there.

If you love me, then create new aliens and not those normal boring aliumz, make them red, goldish, Something NEW! dang.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    If you love me, then create new aliens and not those normal boring aliumz, make them red, goldish, Something NEW! dang.
    Notum addicted aliens. Their bodies decay with time so they are very soft, they are a pale, sickly white, and make a terrible squishing noise wherever they step.. Also, on death, they dissolve instead of disappear. As vomit inducing as possible please.
    Last edited by Waahash; Jun 11th, 2010 at 15:45:21.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast