Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lold... er... Friday with(out) Means - June 11th, 2010: Hai noobs!

Good to see some progress reported in FW(O)M.

This is interesting, to say the least. There's a training mission (or at least NPC) I see.

And Genele, I wouldn't at all have minded a five paragraph ASL :P

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    There will be no snare towers or ubt...
    Good, because snare towers are arguably the most frustrating thing you guys ever invented. I realize and understand WHY you put them in, but the people who don't engage in the activity its meant to stop really take in the pooper because of those things.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Genele, keep it real girl.

Looking forward to the alien dailies. Thank God for AIXP that's not LE/City based. ^_^
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

The Aliens aren't Asian enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Sounds good.

Great! So it shouldn't still be a work in progress a year or more from now at all. I'll be looking forward to it and try to give it a go round with my chars in that range.

Old or new loot or both? Also loot by way of random drops or as rewards? Any raid locks that would prevent us from going back in at all for a period of time?

That should cover it for questions, nice of you to respond as you have been.

Being instanced means it should be in general smoother than some of the mess seen in the open S10 at times. I like being able to decide who I play with rather than get tossed in with anyone that came along. It's generally more fun that way and causes less headaches.

Ok.
    - Old and new loot. (bosses will have new loot of course).

- I have not planned to add any raid locks as this should be a place where you can go to get AXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    Gen, is there any possibility that you all could create maps Ctrl 6 for inside the Alien Levels, Example: the LE missions? as it is so hard to know where youve been and where you have not been, for myself I usally follow the person infront of me cause I dont know where to go next in them
    - The new Solo Alien Daily Missions will display on the minimap.

Todayyyyyyy.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I draw textures for armor, social clothes,....
    Was it you who did the amazing job upgrading the look of Tech armor?

If so, (even if not) how about you try giving the Dustbrigade Trooper armor an equally crisp look or to give a high res texture to the Tinfoil Hat so it looks like actual foil.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    BACK TO WORK!!!

... slackers.

.... yes I'm still posting.

..... hush.
    Kintaii is actually Terry Tate.. yeah, Kintaii, we found out!
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Jun 11th, 2010 at 19:57:02.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

I plan to create new kind of aliens
    I've said it before:

Aliens...and cyborgs...using each other for spare parts.

and of course war between the cyborg-aliens and the alien cyborgs.

So you guys going to do anything with the 100-149 level range? please?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    I've said it before:

Aliens...and cyborgs...using each other for spare parts.

and of course war between the cyborg-aliens and the alien cyborgs.
    Cyliens ?
    Aliborgs ?

hmm.. makes me think.. Cyliens... Celine [Dion]... theres a connection here i think...

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    So you guys going to do anything with the 100-149 level range? please?
    Yes, they gonna make a new playfield called sector10. Oh wait...
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

*quickly yet steathily draws up plans to make a 200NT for this dastardly new instance Genele is about to whip up*

Jobe Cataclysm is going to be hilarious in there, I imagine ^^;
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

WOOT! Coon room? Maybe dropping baby bots?

Nice stuff, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    Yes, they gonna make a new playfield called sector10. Oh wait...
    I meant leveling ie. a dungeon, dunce.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Wooow, content updated that should have been added two years ago.
    Now how about the balance update.
    Please, you been dingeling the carrot infront of us for so long now.
    Im not gona refresh my subscription because new phats.

Any clue why FPS games is a successfull genre?
    COMPETITION BETWEEN PLAYERS IS A ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAME.
    I just wish you folks at FC could understand that.

Most of the players online atm have atleast one or two 220's, the hardcore addicts have more and let me give you a hint .....
    THEY AND ME DONT WANT ANY MORE CONTENT. We (i hope i speak for all "hardcore") want balance in the PVP zone.

Your recipe for continuational subscriptors is "add new phats!" WAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me give you a tip, make a website that has a function of registering battlestation kills/death ration/statics....
    Prehaps a function that lets team vs team battles be done in Battlestation and a tournament option on the homepage or what ever WHERE THE PLAYERS REPORT THE RESULTS....
    If you make these simple things, the game will manage itself. JUST TAKE A FREAKIN LOOK AT THE FPS COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!

Take www.auno.org, add a kill/death ratio.(suggested from a 220 players pov)
    Add Worst enemy, gank(210-215), Domination.... it's like OMG THE POSSIBILLITYS ARE ENDLESS....
    Yet you try to push new TL5 content on us that has been waiting for an update for i dont know how long.
    Dont get me wrong it's good that your acctually doing something about that situation(FINALY).

Try looking at "Our" perspective, we have two, three, four 220's... all topgeared.
    If you take it one more level, like the options above the game will run itself.
    ofc you need it to be balanced.

THERE'S STILL QUAKEWORLD TOURNAMENTS RUNNING FOR GOD SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For example,
    Someone starts an enfo tournament CAN YOU IMAGINE ALL THE ENFO TOONS COMING IN BATTELING FOR HONOR??????
    Someone start en ORG vs ORG tourny, OMG There's just sick amount of NEW GAMING in the perspective of strategy ETC ETC .... .

It just BLOWS MY MIND YOU DONT HAVE This done yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your like your game, grind grind grind grind.... take a look at some other games for once, you cant really belive just because your ten or whatever years old
    that you have a freeride to fame or something.

Bringing in a tournament option to a MMO would be "Revolutionary" or something, PLEEEEEASE see past the MMO genre.

Just look at the FPS community, just look beyond your mmo community sites and... REFRESH.
    PLAYERS AINT GONA BE STICKING AROUND IF YOU DONT MAKE SOMETHING ABOUT THE PLAYER VS PLAYER!!!

That is what this whole post is about, PVP.
    THE RECIPE FOR SUCCESS AND A LOYAL CROWD.
    STOP BEEING SO F*CKING PVM.
    People want to be able to ACCTUALLY FINISH their toons and to be able to PVP with em frequently.

It just boggles my mind that you havent understood this yet.

I basically disagree with everything Typeon posted.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Typeon is one of those vocal PvPers.
    (Typeon: Go play a PvP oriented game like EVE and stop making loud spashing noises in this PvP mud puddle.)
    Also, see signature.

I would like to see some new mechanics and scope of what you *do* in AO. More activities. So yea, more content with more armours and more on top of the same. I am also a little tired of that.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

I do in fact disagree with everything typeon said in his/her post, you as a player(customer) have the right to take your money else where, however you can not just demand things, yes they give us promises and try to put a time frame on them, and it gets frustrating when it doesn't get delivered right then and there.... but you have to REMEMBER, that they are a business just like you have to work for a living to make the lucky dollar/whatever you make.... if they have more prudent content or stuff that needs to be added before something that they have promised then we have to just sit back and wait for such a time that we get the things that will make us happy... if you ARE unhappy with the game then do as Jenshay said, if you are willing to continue paying Funcom your hard earned money then stop complaining about content that has yet to been given to us, and see what they have added and be happy that you have somewhere to take your stress out and to relax
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I dont think a stats readout of kill/death, nemesis, comrade, and other small pvp cookies would be so bad if added. Its not all that hard to grab the info as it happens and apply it to a database. Really it would be very simple and fun to add for PvP players.

However being a PvM player I do really like the direction of the new content. I dont think both couldnt be done. I disagree at the approach taken by this individual and he should look at how he got his gear to pvp. You got it through PvM sir. You cant level or properly gear a toon in PvP alone.
    Deadly Whispers member since 2005
    Deadly Whispers President since 2010

Opinions are like butts - everyone has one and they all stink

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast