Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lold... er... Friday with(out) Means - June 11th, 2010: Hai noobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Typeon View Post
    **snipped for rambling about how this MMORPG is not a FPS & he's not going to renew his subscription until it is.**
    I have active toons ranging from 94 to 220 & I also disagree. Would you complain for more weapon options, better armor & more balance here too?

If you want to race, you don't rant on these forums because you can't get faster yalms & dedicated track locations. You go play a racing game.
    If you want to PvP more often, go play an FPS.

The ACTIVE RPG community wants AO (which was created to be a MMORPG, by the way, NOT a MMOFPS) to be a stable MMORPG with updated graphics, less bugs & MORE CONTENT. Yes, it has some PvP content, but that is not the primary focus of this game. Please leave the Devs alone so they can focus on getting the current promises completed.

Devs:
    If you honestly think that the PvP community is the majority in this game because they are the most vocal on the forums, please say so. That currently seems to be the only way that you are going to get a reaction from the RPG community because most of them are too busy playing the game to spend time on the forums. The PvPers have plenty of time to surf the forums & complain about wanting more PvP & less content (oxymoron?) because they are spending an hour or longer waiting for 12 people to sign up for the next battlestation round.

Has anyone bothered to check the numbers on how many PvP (or RPG) complaints are coming from inactive paid accounts, like his?

Edit: Oh! Look! I posted without feeling the need to curse or use asterisks to hide cursing, yet still managed to get my point across.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Jun 12th, 2010 at 06:03:38.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

sniiiip
    You do realize, that without pvm theres no pvp? hm?

With more ways to do stuff in pvm, bam, more leveling, bam, easier ways to get stuff.

Although pvp is a big part of most mmo's, mmo's are not SOLELY based upon pvp.

Please, pull your head out.

Like others have said, if you don't like how your money is being used, please oh please take it elsewhere because i'm sure many of us are tired of hearing rants like yours.

That is all
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

omg alien dailies <3

and soloable!!!!

SWEET!!
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I have to disagree with Typeon as well I'm 220, and pvp is the last thing on my mind

dhfohdnljndfhldjbAJDnkjehfouwhd
    If you want an FPS so badly then play one, not everyone is a hardcore pvper like yourself, k?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Just wanted to say good job on the ICC uniforms.Very sexy

ps. wtb new GUI like the 3rd part modded ones
    Last edited by torakx; Jun 12th, 2010 at 07:15:05.

You guys are wrong, Typeon is speaking the mind of a large community in AO.

There are people PVPing, just like there people PVMing, and I guess somewhere there are also people RPing. Some are doing the 3.

Large... right.. yet you still have issues mustering enough interest to get 12 people together.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    I basically disagree with everything Typeon posted.
    I agree with your disagreement and only got as far as his first sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    I agree with your disagreement and only got as far as his first sentence.
    This. Completely!
    The Alt King.
    Payvaypay - 220/16/39..? -SOON™ TO BE SOLITUS- Enfo, General of Serendipity.
    And lots of others .

Bah you should get a clue, really...

There definitely are a few PvM players, here and there, still soloing some brainless creep in some brainless creep-park, doing the exact same thing for a few hours then going on to the next park, or taking a break.

But a LOT, if not the majority of the players, LOVE and play for PVP. You PvM trolls can come and throw disagreement threads on me as much as you want to, but it does not change the damn FACT that what AO does in PvM, TONS of other MMOs do it better !!

Team Quests, area quests, giant raids, better graphics, active gameplay !!! Come on, open your eyes, it's everywhere.

However, PvP is something special. West Athen pvp, Borealis pvp, Tower fights, Arena's epeens, some have disappeared, some have evolved, but all in all, when you're done bashing some mindless creeps, what brings adrenaline, what makes your log back into a 10 years old game, is the thrill of the hunt against opponents that actually have a brain.... (most of the time)

People make new characters to try new combinations for a certain level, try a new concept, or to get to 220 and gather the best stuff. But the DAMN END to the mostly boring grinding, is the DAMN PVP, there is just nothing ELSE damn it.

All that to say that it would be really foolish for Funcom to plainly ignore the PVP community when it does not need so much from them...

- Remote Access to Battlestations ???? Hello, this is an easy and quick fix that could solve the entire problem of the lack of players in low level ones !!!!!!

- New pvp playfields, with rebuff rooms like in the Battlestations ?? Come on you are making some for various pvm encounters, but you can't bother to add a little variety to the SINGLE effective play-field we have for PVP ???

- Possibility to activate the old pvp title system? Which would locks it for like a day, allowing hardcore pvpers to go for it the old way, not bothering people not caring for pvp ????

It can NOT be that hard, and it would mean such a great deal for so many veteran players, it blows my mind you still spend so much time creating plain pvm encounter, when it is something AO is already so FULL of !!

If you recommend AO to friends, one of the big feature you'll mention is 10 years worth of PvM content! When they ask about pvp.... you better not get too much into details, nothing to see here...
    Last edited by Dolfindwe; Jun 12th, 2010 at 09:47:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfindwe View Post
    Blah blah
    And yet you still cannot gather 12 people who like PvP...
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    There are people PVPing, just like there people PVMing, and I guess somewhere there are also people RPing. Some are doing the 3.
    A fair amount of us do all 3.
    Why pay full price for a game if ur not going to embrace the full game?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Wooow, content updated that should have been added two years ago.
    Now how about the balance update.
    Please, you been dingeling the carrot infront of us for so long now.
    Im not gona refresh my subscription because new phats.

Any clue why FPS games is a successfull genre?
    COMPETITION BETWEEN PLAYERS IS A ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAME.
    I just wish you folks at FC could understand that.

Most of the players online atm have atleast one or two 220's, the hardcore addicts have more and let me give you a hint .....
    THEY AND ME DONT WANT ANY MORE CONTENT. We (i hope i speak for all "hardcore") want balance in the PVP zone.

Your recipe for continuational subscriptors is "add new phats!" WAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me give you a tip, make a website that has a function of registering battlestation kills/death ration/statics....
    Prehaps a function that lets team vs team battles be done in Battlestation and a tournament option on the homepage or what ever WHERE THE PLAYERS REPORT THE RESULTS....
    If you make these simple things, the game will manage itself. JUST TAKE A FREAKIN LOOK AT THE FPS COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!

Take www.auno.org, add a kill/death ratio.(suggested from a 220 players pov)
    Add Worst enemy, gank(210-215), Domination.... it's like OMG THE POSSIBILLITYS ARE ENDLESS....
    Yet you try to push new TL5 content on us that has been waiting for an update for i dont know how long.
    Dont get me wrong it's good that your acctually doing something about that situation(FINALY).

Try looking at "Our" perspective, we have two, three, four 220's... all topgeared.
    If you take it one more level, like the options above the game will run itself.
    ofc you need it to be balanced.

THERE'S STILL QUAKEWORLD TOURNAMENTS RUNNING FOR GOD SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For example,
    Someone starts an enfo tournament CAN YOU IMAGINE ALL THE ENFO TOONS COMING IN BATTELING FOR HONOR??????
    Someone start en ORG vs ORG tourny, OMG There's just sick amount of NEW GAMING in the perspective of strategy ETC ETC .... .

It just BLOWS MY MIND YOU DONT HAVE This done yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your like your game, grind grind grind grind.... take a look at some other games for once, you cant really belive just because your ten or whatever years old
    that you have a freeride to fame or something.

Bringing in a tournament option to a MMO would be "Revolutionary" or something, PLEEEEEASE see past the MMO genre.

Just look at the FPS community, just look beyond your mmo community sites and... REFRESH.
    PLAYERS AINT GONA BE STICKING AROUND IF YOU DONT MAKE SOMETHING ABOUT THE PLAYER VS PLAYER!!!

That is what this whole post is about, PVP.
    THE RECIPE FOR SUCCESS AND A LOYAL CROWD.
    STOP BEEING SO F*CKING PVM.
    People want to be able to ACCTUALLY FINISH their toons and to be able to PVP with em frequently.

It just boggles my mind that you havent understood this yet.
    Typeon, you must be drunk because I don't ever remember you being that stupid in-game.

This is a PVM game first with a little mix of PVP in it. If you want PVP only or even PVP focused, Global Agenda has a rock solid PVP MMO for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    And yet you still cannot gather 12 people who like PvP...
    Excellent point.

Never ever teams for subway, ToTW, Biomare, CoH, Borgs, Cripplers, Hecklers, Alien Mothership, Inferno missions, Pande or APF's. OTOH I have to wait days to get into most Batllestations and its impossible to have a fight in any arenas, WTF or 2HO due to overcrowding and HUGE waiting lists. That's right, this game is only about PvP.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfindwe View Post
    Damn x4, caps and some other stuff
    As tazalanche already said about Typeon's post, some people can make their point without cursing, yelling etc. I suspect those people use brains most of the time.

All PvPers do PvM, but only some PvMers do PvP. If PvP is so special and great, how come most of the evolved (I have no clue why you claimed some disapeared, all the zones are still there) PvP content is empty? Especially if majority of players love it? And if there really isn't anything else to do at endgame.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

nice to see you guys had some free time on your hands to come troll forum

will we be seeing a mouse/sensitivity fix some day, btw? its really apparent when you yalm around

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Genele, question in the botum:

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    alien missions:
    One where you terminate alien cocoons in an alien ship and the other one from a new alien training simulator that will be located in the ICC. The training simulator will be open for everyone that wants to learn how to fight aliens.

Have a nice weekend!

- Genele
    Thank you sooo much for bringing back the Sci-Fi to AO.
    I simply loved how the introduction to this game was a simulator too
    (Omni Backyards)
    With a holo-setup like that everything is posible, and the floating signs saying "Shift-click" makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    In that mindset, maybe some campy propaganda from the ICC on billboards, filled with blatant lies about the aliens? They are interactive billboards (yet, spamming E button doesn't do anything), why not give the newer players something to tinker with to keep them interested when on Shuttleport? Or, introduce it in whatever new startup experience is being developed. Informational billboards don't hurt, it's passive and doesn't interfere with the more experienced players who will blitz what they need before hitting the mainland.

Motivate them to kill aliens (using more propaganda). Introduce an APF for lower level players? You already have aliens on Shuttleport that are easily killable for AXP; would it be out of the question for lower level players to have an APF when on the mainland? Allow lower level toons (and lesser experienced players) to get their AXP elsewhere, instead of LE mishes.
    Indeed; having a reason makes the game more alive, real and fun
    I indeed miss OT proparganda in the game..

The same with Clan.

Clan should play on Biomare being a disgrace, while OT covers it up and talk about sickness caused by Clan members being teh reason for mutants..

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    (Yes, you will get AXP as reward for doing them. Yes, there will be solo alien daily missions for all level ranges. Yes, the solo daily missions will scale with the player’s level. AND yes, alien daily missions will get a separate blocker.)
    As I have a lvl 173 toon, that is missing a lot of AI lvls, I would like to know if I can do the AI missions:
    1) with XP gain turned off?
    1b) and it will also work against the "you have completed quest"-XP?

2) without XP gain turned off, so I can still do research.
    2b) and it will also work against the "you have completed quest"-XP?

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. Daily missions give too much XP, it is really hard doing research when you get it all in one big pile!
    20 ticks of 1/20 of the value would help much much more. (no need to terminate after each mission)

Also on inf missions please
    As it is now I accidently lvled 1,9 lvls!
    meaning that I had no room to do daily mission (and then terminate) anymore.

I (and others) would indeed like research and avoiding lvling being easier.
    if you can change rewards to be 20 ticks of XP instead (ado brain quest, key quest etc.) a lot of people would get very happy

It would be nice if the XP you get from quests goes to research, when you have it set to 100% research (and if posible, that leftover XP, when you have finished a research line is deleted/discarted). eg. a "research and AIxp only" button
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    will we be seeing a mouse/sensitivity fix some day, btw? its really apparent when you yalm around
    wtb this.

also wtb a fix for the once amazing 3rd person rudder camera. i spent my first few years using that camera, because it actually worked very nicely (think of camera in oblivion), until lost eden came along and someone tinkered with it. now, its basically a useless camera with piles of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    It would be nice if the XP you get from quests goes to research, when you have it set to 100% research (and if posible, that leftover XP, when you have finished a research line is deleted/discarted). eg. a "research and AIxp only" button
    doesn't this already exist, or did i misread?
    Last edited by Soultraider; Jun 12th, 2010 at 15:28:52.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast