Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AO Universe Developer Interviews #1: Kintaii

Funcom employee AO Universe Developer Interviews #1: Kintaii

In the first of a new series of developer interviews, the guys over at AO Universe have sat down with... well... me to get things started. In this first interview, I'll be discussing roleplaying in AO, the new PvP playfield, and giving them an exclusive look at the brand new birthday content headed your way soon!

To read the article, click here: http://www.ao-universe.com/viewtopic.php?t=4124
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

lol Nice

can´t wait to hear the price of the special 12months offer... hope it is special for real, because i want this mech...
    Last edited by ElBoogy; Jun 12th, 2010 at 10:41:44.

Please please PLEASE make the ballerina costume /female only.
    I think we have had enuff 'trox in tutu's
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I think I know what that new city-building is!

Nice interview.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Sounds kinda like the one year offer is only for new subscribers, I hope it's not though. Looks like some neat stuff on the way. Yay for my org's new city that has some room to spare, we should be able to fit that building, whatever it is.

Fun read

You know the /rp thing? Why don't you just make it so that players with that mode active automatically subscribes to the news channels and other RP related stuff? mayme make a [Faction - RP Talk] channel. Maybe this'll deterr normal PvE/PvP players to impose as RP'ers.. I think the RPers would love that

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Yeah, sorry about the lack of poke....but you know how it is, never poke a man. Especially if he's in position to nerf you to hell and back again. Anyway, you might want to mod Genele's post...or maybe just poke her to do it herself

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    To the big question: What happened this week?
    We have all been very busy creating funny and fancy birthday stuff. However, I can’t show you any screen shots here, because they will be given to AO Universe.
    (Links will be added in here later! =))
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Funcom employee

Knew I was forgetting somethin'. >< Cheers for the heads up - I'll do the same on the front page when I get in on Monday.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

For the new Personal Mech ""Players signing up for a year's subscription to Anarchy Online at a special price will receive all expansions *and* the new Personal Mechanized Vehicle variant, all in one special package!"

What happens to those already signed up for the Year's Subscriptions already?
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•

Funcom employee

More information and details on the special offer will be coming soon (no ™) =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

the notum mine/pvp thing sounds way more fun than the battlestations themselves :O

I needs one of those programs to read text out loud. Kintaii would help me sleep then.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

thanx for this interview and the very nice previews & informations, kin !

ps : while you're at a 0% PVP playfield, any plan for reviving Will to fight ? incredible place, huge, nicely designed ... why not use it as alternate BS map (e.g.) ? lot of people suggested to recycle it anyways, if not already in the tube, do something ^_^ !
    Last edited by bitnykk; Jun 13th, 2010 at 02:36:39.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    I needs one of those programs to read text out loud. Kintaii would help me sleep then.
    It would have to speak like a redneck and randomly cus every other word, as that is how the real Kintaii speaks. Also it would have to take a smoke break every hour. :P
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    It would have to speak like a redneck and randomly cus every other word, as that is how the real Kintaii speaks. Also it would have to take a smoke break every hour. :P
    >.<

Heard him in interviews. He wasn't bad.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Oh boy that cardboard box will sure come in handy for my nanomage chars!

To be honest, I hope those cardboard boxes time out and vanish when the birthday week is over. Random social gear is fine but lots of people wearing cardboard boxes on their heads for the entire year is crossing some kind of line as I see it.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Eh stuff like that tends to go out of fashion after a little while. Think of the panda heads for instance

Hmmm...how much space with that new building take, and can you say if it is a buffing building or otherwise beneficial to an org, or just a social structure? A lot of org cities are filled just holding the regular buffing structures so some of us may need to make choices regarding this new structure.

An, yeah, boxes on heads year round would be -really- annoying...

On another note, I see that Kintaii says they are in the 'early stages' of developing the new intro for starting chars. Since Means has said in the past that this intro will have been in-game and debugged before the new engine is introduced that tells me that the actual engine arrival will be very deep into the year...
    Last edited by Dagget; Jun 13th, 2010 at 14:06:15.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast