Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AO Universe Developer Interviews #1: Kintaii

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Since Means has said in the past that this intro will have been in-game and debugged before the new engine is introduced that tells me that the actual engine arrival will be very deep into the year...
    What year is the real question...

I bet it is 2012 and a few days after the engine there will be the armageddon end of the world

am i the only one that is disgusted once again by the lack of loyalty shown to older players? i've been playing for 5 years, yet the cool mech will only be available to those paying for a years subscription? other ppl i know have been playing for the full 9 years, but it sounds like they wont be getting it either!

i have 4 paid accounts, the only way i could pay for a years subscription is if i cancel 3 of them, i paid in advance for the LE booster, only to find out i could have saved myself a lot of money because for months the LE missions, battlestation and nano's were all available to froobs who paid NOTHING! please, stop screwing over the loyal players and throw us a bone for the years we have paid to play, a collector type gold box for each complete year subscribed would be the least you guys could do.

wtf is up with all the apparel nazis trying to restrict what people wear? If my trox wants to wear a tutu and a cardboard box all year round, it damn well will!

That is right... i would love a removing of the social tab since my adventurer always had style because i rather wear some cool stuff than some useful stuff... now everyone wears cool stuff and it gets boring hehe.

But i wanted to add some things t o thermonuked, because i think he is right, not totally but a bit, funcom does much for people who want to come back to ao, for example reactivate 30 days for free, buy new expansion now you get 3 months for free or something else, the people who are paying the accounts they have every month (or in any other cycle) are more or less the ones who get nothing, sure we can play the game and oh we get Veteran Points...

But we preorder the expansion packs every time funcom releases one, get a small "preorder bonus" item and that was it, 2-3 weeks later (ok let us say months to stay true) the expansion is given out to players who don´t have bought it until then and they get a free month of playtime or something else besides that, hell even the Xan Preorder Chair was given out 3 months after the launch of the game along with a special "reactivate/get xan for free" bonus...

I don´t wanna complain, but i would love to see another way to get the black mech, because i have all the expansion sets so i don´t really see an advantage in this offer, would be cool to see at least 2 prices, one for people who don´t have all expansions, and a cheaper one for people who have all expansions alrdy.

Just as an update, in the news about the interview I promised to release the screenshots Kintaii sent over to us at AOU of the new PvP area. I have done so this morning and you can see them in our gallery.

I'm glad I'm ranged on all my toons I think. Gonna be a lot of AS'ing and FA'ing and burst'ing from rooftops while jumping around like spiderman
    Veteran of Equilibrium

The box over the head looks too asian.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard View Post
    Just as an update, in the news about the interview I promised to release the screenshots Kintaii sent over to us at AOU of the new PvP area. I have done so this morning and you can see them in our gallery.
    Would be nice if that was the style of player cities. Dust bowl, ragged, the witness to a raging desert planet and lots of combat with aliens.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard View Post
    PvP area looks too asian.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

"Sorry, it's just you look so Chinese"

This might help .. or not.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Please please PLEASE make the ballerina costume /female only.
    I think we have had enuff 'trox in tutu's
    BEST FEEDBACK EVER
    /nosarcasm
    Imno "Ubermensch" Angel 220/30/70 MA
    Revengeof "Jiltedthief" thegankers 220/30/70 Agent with ultimate smacktalk skeelz Retired
    Obeywhat "Elmayra" says 220/24/70 Doc with 275k+ Alien kills
    [Tnet] Manicmouse: bring back the I WIN button, cos omni really need help
    Reading doesnt change who you are but what you will do
    IM GRAMMATICALLY AWESOME

Let me play a notum miner in the new playfield, pretty please...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Yay pvp in an area with buildings.

But will this place only be for peopel signing up for BS? and what happens if you are in the place and declines the BS invite?

And can you even earn VP there?

sorry for saying this but i think the new PvP Area looks ****, i know it's under designing, but cmon.. those buildings are ugly as bananas, design some new ones instead of taking old ugly ones that just looks depressing...

and don't make the field so big.. it will only make ppl bored of running considering tl2 bs.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I think that new "waiting area" will be more popular than the actual BS... at least at higher level BS where you have runspeed. Lowbies will probably hate it.

woo for social clothes and city building.

And they should raise the slow end of the runspeed limit, being little is horrible
    Last edited by rhivalentine; Jun 15th, 2010 at 03:24:17.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    I bet it is 2012 and a few days after the engine there will be the armageddon end of the world
    Engine will be released December 20, 2012. At 13 minutes after midnight GMT time on December 21, 2012 it will become self aware. At 17 minutes after midnight on December 21, 2012 it will access all the nukes in the world and launch them. At 49 minutes after midnight all that will be left is the Dreamworld.
    Last edited by Lheann; Jun 15th, 2010 at 04:39:32.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Engine will be released December 20, 2012. At 13 minutes after midnight GMT time on December 21, 2012 it will become self aware. At 17 minutes after midnight on December 21, 2012 it will access all the nukes in the world and launch them. At 49 minutes after midnight all that will be left is the Dreamworld.
    who knew... the dreamworld engine being the forewarning of the matrix...

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

You're getting the Matrix confused with Skynet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast