Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AO Universe Developer Interviews #1: Kintaii

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    and don't make the field so big.. it will only make ppl bored of running considering tl2 bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    ... at least at higher level BS where you have runspeed. Lowbies will probably hate it.
    Simply add a permanent runspeed buff scaling with the title level of the player (+300 for TL1, +250 for TL2, ...). Can be easily explained with much adrenalin after being warped into the instance
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    You're getting the Matrix confused with Skynet.
    you're confused by thinking they're different!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    That is right... i would love a removing of the social tab since my adventurer always had style because i rather wear some cool stuff than some useful stuff... now everyone wears cool stuff and it gets boring hehe. ...
    You means that instead of clothes, they wear their e-peen outside of their cabbage holders?

... and you don't like having the same or less?
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Well i have a fullset 300 combined ai armor modified cloak blabla who cares... i always weared a Pirate Cloak of Captian Jimsalabim or how he was called (well maybe not in pvp but 90% of my playtime), and this was years before the social tab came ingame, it helped a lot to identificate myself with my character... everybody had some brown ugly cloak or armor on, but not me

Now everybody runs around like he/she is out for a party, not monster hunting, this is not really a problem for most of the players, but some don´t like it, and i totaly understand the people who say "i don´t like it".

But no the social tab shouldn´t be removed it is quite fine... but we need more stylish Social ARMOR not clothes but ARMOR Kintaii what is with the armor you showed me last year helloween party on dnw? i still have the screenshots and i am waiting for it to go live, the Collector armor isn´t too bad but it is only 1 set and i don´t like it too much...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    you're confused by thinking they're different!
    They indeed are.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

... but we need more stylish Social ARMOR not clothes but ARMOR ...
    There is all the armours to chose from. I wear 200 CAS + Albreich tank on my advy in social tab.
    It is a player choice to wear tutu's, thongs or anything else they want. Don't like it? Boycott them and don't team with them.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

There is not enough armor.... especially real sci fi armor with bling bling and energy stuff and such things...

Quote Originally Posted by thermonuked View Post
    am i the only one that is disgusted once again by the lack of loyalty shown to older players? i've been playing for 5 years, yet the cool mech will only be available to those paying for a years subscription? other ppl i know have been playing for the full 9 years, but it sounds like they wont be getting it either!
    But i wanted to add some things t o thermonuked, because i think he is right, not totally but a bit, funcom does much for people who want to come back to ao, for example reactivate 30 days for free, buy new expansion now you get 3 months for free or something else, the people who are paying the accounts they have every month (or in any other cycle) are more or less the ones who get nothing, sure we can play the game and oh we get Veteran Points...

This all comes up often enough when they do another 30 days for free thing for canceled accounts. Before those they did one or more free weekend offers so people could show up for the event (Halloween, Christmas or anniversary), see what has happened and who's around then decide if they want to stick around or leave again. I'd go along with that more than the free 30 day deal for canceled accounts.

When they do those let's try to get people back pushes it really would be good if they gave the people that have been sticking with AO something extra as well. Some added play time or the like would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by muazez View Post
    wtf is up with all the apparel nazis trying to restrict what people wear? If my trox wants to wear a tutu and a cardboard box all year round, it damn well will!
    to bash people by calling them nazis requires zero brain (tm), why am i not suprised those seem to be the ones running around with troxes in tutus...
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

There is not enough armor.... especially real sci fi armor with bling bling and energy stuff and such things...
    That sounds more like magic to me. Sci-Fi to me is more logical, camoflage, not being visable in the dark, obvious signs of solidness and durability, especially within the context of Rubi-Ka.

AI armour looks like a rip off of City of Heroes to gratify that geek fantasy. The glowy things look like a Waste of Web cloning.
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?

Rules for designing MMO armor (over time)

1. Start out flat and "boring" with basic color schemes.
    2. Add more color schemes.
    3. Increase size of shoulder pads and helmets.
    4. Add spikes to shoulderpads and helmets.
    5. Add spikes and special effects to backarmours. Wings if at all possible.
    6. Increase size of shoulderpads and spikes.
    7. Repeat number 6 into infinity.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

You never watched cool SciFi Stuff i think, Iron Man glows in the Dark too oh and Metroid Prime and oh how about the Dust Brigade Armor in ao from Neretva, this looks cool, the Penumbra Alappaa Pads too, want more Armor in this direction.

More Technical style, well something like http://farm1.static.flickr.com/79/23...0fc013.jpg?v=0 but not the set of the left guy please hehe

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    They indeed are.
    Skynet is early alpha of matrix w/o GUI

P.S. In the new PvP area I already can see where all pets will be stuck
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Skynet is early alpha of matrix w/o GUI
    You people need to watch Animatrix first, before spewing out stuff like this.

In the new PvP area I already can see where all pets will be stuck
    Haha! You are a pet profession!
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    P.S. In the new PvP area I already can see where all pets will be stuck
    Don't worry. The actual 0% gas area is the hole in the ground in picture 2

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    You people need to watch Animatrix first, before spewing out stuff like this.
    Saw all or most of it, but it's same joke like windows 95 was start of it all
    Haha! You are a pet profession!
    Haha, so are you
    i R not spik engrish

Well i am melee and i don´t think this would be an advantage in this pf... people jumping from roof to roof to kill someone so you even can´t use /follow.... doesn´t look like fun, this is no first person shooter here Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    You're getting the Matrix confused with Skynet.
    There is no spoon, only Zuul.
    ...wait!

Funcom employee

Well i am melee and i don´t think this would be an advantage in this pf... people jumping from roof to roof to kill someone so you even can´t use /follow.... doesn´t look like fun, this is no first person shooter here Funcom
    This has come up a few times already so I will cover it off here. Players will not be able to jump onto the roofs as running around on the rooftops and jumping from building to building would be absurdly unfair to pet and melee professions.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This has come up a few times already so I will cover it off here. Players will not be able to jump onto the roofs as running around on the rooftops and jumping from building to building would be absurdly unfair to pet and melee professions.
    That's a nice call.

I really was worried about that detail hehe.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast